News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Nottamus

I do remember reading about this change slated for January ish a few months back

Being DVC with resort reservation, also AP- I would really like to see an earlier park hop time - 11 am? Noon? If there has to be one at all

Be nice not to have to reserve anything again, other than food and rides

Last edited:

mysto

Does a single day hopper ticket have to tap-in before hopping? If not hopppers are not bound to a park at all, what's the point for Disney?

Wonder how this affects multi day tickets?

What if, multi day tickets will be a bundle of discounted single-day tickets, all of which must be bound to a park. Again if it's a window as many of you describe what is the point for Disney?

Do APs and date-restricted tickets reserve from the same pool? For example if an AP reserves, is one less single day for sale bound to that park?

It's going to be weird if tickets have no hopping time restriction, but APs do. That's how they seem to describe it. Going to be confusing at the gate.

I know disney probably doesn't know any of this yet....

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do remember reading about this change slated for January ish a few months back

Being DVC with resort reservation, also AP- I would really like to see an earlier park hop time - 11 am? Noon? If there has to be one at all

Be nice not to have to reserve anything again, other than food and rides
January-ish may be pushing it a little but I’d expect it to be before Easter at the latest. As things stand.

DCBaker

Premium Member
So I am still confused by this. Do we or don't we know what is happening with multi-day tickets?

See here if you missed it -

AFAIK. How multi day passes will be affected remains to be seen, a hunch says the first day of consecutive use will need to be booked at purchase. The proposals seem to offer a little more guest flexibility and less company control but to be honest they’re trying to band aid a broken system still.

Jrb1979

Which is ridiculous if you have to do it at the point of purchase. 10 months out, or even more here in the U.K., and you have to decide which park? I hope there’s an option to change it.
Devil's advocate here. Same can be said for picking ADRs 60 days out. How do you know that many days out where you want to eat?

nickys

Premium Member
Devil's advocate here. Same can be said for picking ADRs 60 days out. How do you know that many days out where you want to eat?
You can cancel those if you change your mind. Even day-of now. But by 60 days most people will have started thinking about their plans. When we book we’re nailing down our room, then flights and tickets. Then sit back and wait until 2-3 months before. In the case of tickets, the 14 days for 7 offer lasts for a specific period otherwise you miss the boat on it.

Clamman73

The changes for multi day hopper tickets that I’d like seen:
-no need for park reservation
-no park hopper time (would be ok with 11AM)
-a bigger buffer of time to use the ticket

Patcheslee

The changes for multi day hopper tickets that I’d like seen:
-no need for park reservation
-no park hopper time (would be ok with 11AM)
-a bigger buffer of time to use the ticket
The park reservations are #1 annoyance for us. Right now have 10 day ticket, with 11 days on site. We don’t know if we'll feel like visiting a park arrival day or departure day, but stuck with arrival day reservation for now.
Hopper, downfall to earlier would have to do with TS reservation demand and Genie+ availability. But I'd rather hop when I want and have less chance at a restaurant or ride.
Ticket expiration, we stay onsite so haven't really effected us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The park reservations are #1 annoyance for us. Right now have 10 day ticket, with 11 days on site. We don’t know if we'll feel like visiting a park arrival day or departure day, but stuck with arrival day reservation for now.
Hopper, downfall to earlier would have to do with TS reservation demand and Genie+ availability. But I'd rather hop when I want and have less chance at a restaurant or ride.
Ticket expiration, we stay onsite so haven't really effected us.
I don’t think that is going away. The reservations are something they wanted for 40 years to fluctuate their labor. So the date based tickets will take the place of this…it’s just one less step

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom