News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It's incredible how little data they think Disney has available to them. They know what crowds are going to be like to an alarming level of precision based on ticket sales, resort occupancy, historical trends, and various other inputs. They never needed Park Pass to "predict crowd levels" so they could "optimize labor." They were already predicting crowd levels and optimizing labor.
In fairness I was under the impression that al that big data was never able to be used properly because of the total mess of Disney's information systems.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Understood, but if the MK is full for single park tickets, and you purchase an unrestricted hopper ticket for Animal Kingdom, nothing prevents you from going to the MK, except you've paid extra $$ to do so.
Is there any such thing as a Park Hopper "for" Animal Kingdom? I thought all single-day hoppers were park-agnostic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn’t it funny how the “experts” said reservations would NEVER go away!? Haha.

Park reservations will stay, but will automatically made at ticket purchase

This. They are not going away. Just moving to point of purchase mainly.

Longer term its looking less like park reservations more like resort as a whole reservation. Other incentives will dictate park capacity control.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
In that case the hopper would be unavailable to buy for that date.
And so far this only applies to single day tickets? They haven't figured out the mess for people who buy multi-day tickets? Correct me if I'm wrong but most people don't buy single day tickets.

You can park hop on Wednesday and Friday but not on Thursday and Saturday.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And so far this only applies to single day tickets?
AFAIK. How multi day passes will be affected remains to be seen, a hunch says the first day of consecutive use will need to be booked at purchase. The proposals seem to offer a little more guest flexibility and less company control but to be honest they’re trying to band aid a broken system still.

SingleRider

Premium Member
I wonder how virtual queues will work with the new changes - currently you need an Epcot reservation to join the Guardians VQ. Will this open up that queue to everyone with a valid ticket for that day?

Grumpy4196

AFAIK. How multi day passes will be affected remains to be seen, a hunch says the first day of consecutive use will need to be booked at purchase. The proposals seem to offer a little more guest flexibility and less company control but to be honest they’re trying to band aid a broken system still.
Any clue to how this would apply to Magic Your Tickets that can be purchased at military ticket offices? These are not date based at all.

lentesta

Premium Member
There was a survey question referring to this. Makes sense.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There was a survey question referring to this. Makes sense.
1631809403836.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom