Is the light saber workshop worth it?

DfromATX

Original Poster
We are taking my nephew in January. He's 12 and a huge Star Wars fan. My brother (also a Star Wars fan, but Disney hater) asked how much he should send for his souvenirs. Should I suggest the light saber workshop? Is it worth the $250? Is the quality good? Not too kiddie?

Eric Graham

My wife and I really enjoyed it. The person that led our event was really good. We both thought it was a lot of fun! Great presentation. Not too kiddie. If you buy one, there is a youtube video that tells how to change the batteries in the lightsaber. Have fun!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
A Hasbro Black Series Force FX lightsaber is about $250 (sales occasionally down to $150) in a place like Target or Best Buy. The Galaxy's Edge lightsabers are similar quality, but you also get the experience with it.

DfromATX

Original Poster
A Hasbro Black Series Force FX lightsaber is about $250 (sales occasionally down to $150) in a place like Target or Best Buy. The Galaxy's Edge lightsabers are similar quality, but you also get the experience with it.
Thanks, I was wondering if it would be just like one you'd get at Target or where ever. Sounds like the experience would be fun for someone who is into that sort of thing.

DfromATX

Original Poster
My wife and I really enjoyed it. The person that led our event was really good. We both thought it was a lot of fun! Great presentation. Not too kiddie. If you buy one, there is a youtube video that tells how to change the batteries in the lightsaber. Have fun!
Thank you!

ppete1975

A friend of mine talked me into doing it (going next year). He said the experience alone was worth the price, the saber was just icing on the cake.

JIMINYCR

DS did it on our last trip. I was able to stand along the side and observe the entertaining presentation as they built the saber. I was impressed by the entire process. IMHO it was worth the cost. DS saber is pretty solid and good quality and not kiddie quality. He did get the travel case to protect it as we continued through the park and later traveled home.
As a fan he was willing to save up for it and spend the money. The value for each person is in how you see and treasure memorabilia.

DfromATX

Original Poster
DS did it on our last trip. I was able to stand along the side and observe the entertaining presentation as they built the saber. I was impressed by the entire process. IMHO it was worth the cost. DS saber is pretty solid and good quality and not kiddie quality. He did get the travel case to protect it as we continued through the park and later traveled home.
As a fan he was willing to save up for it and spend the money. The value for each person is in how you see and treasure memorabilia.
Thank you!

DfromATX

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone for all the input! I will be sharing your comments with my brother. I'm getting more excited about our trip. I know my nephew will love it! I will let his grandma be the observer and she'll probably enjoy it too. Our kids are grown so it's going to be nice seeing it all through his fresh eyes.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Well worth the experience however I believe its one adult per child so keep that in mind.
Yep, we're gonna let Grandma go with him. 🙂 That price includes both the builder and observer, right? Silly question, I know, but with Disney you never know.

JIMINYCR

Yep, we're gonna let Grandma go with him. 🙂 That price includes both the builder and observer, right? Silly question, I know, but with Disney you never know.
Grandma is allowed to film the process so you can see it after. They ask observers to stand in a spot to observe and stay still while the CM goes through the story and build.

Jayhawkie

Just a pic of my son doing this!!

Attachments

• 69C9E650-80A5-44E4-ADF0-631BE43F343E.jpeg
    69C9E650-80A5-44E4-ADF0-631BE43F343E.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 31

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom