News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

How big is one ride vehicle? I think 14 people ride (seven 2 person rows), right? So, probably something like 1650-1800 people an hour it would seem.

I think I read the THRC for the one in Shanghai is about 1700 per hour. I'm assuming it's exactly the same for the MK version; I don't think they changed anything about the ride or load/unload.

That means the actual capacity will probably be something like 1400-1500 an hour? I'm not sure how far below the THRC rides usually average, but I know the THRC is if everything was operating essentially perfectly which is almost never the case.

mitchk

Yesterday
2C9FE50C-2CA8-44F4-88A8-DC219877A2B7.jpeg
2C9FE50C-2CA8-44F4-88A8-DC219877A2B7.jpeg
DBD32DAF-E99F-4831-BF7E-F8F6987156C2.jpeg
12666712-8854-4812-B96F-5E61832D8625.jpeg
214D6084-0613-460D-8E10-E525AA8FB938.jpeg

Attachments

• 58D86A6C-5627-47D6-8639-D09EA42F4F28.jpeg
    58D86A6C-5627-47D6-8639-D09EA42F4F28.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 65

Surferboy567

Is the launch for TRON faster than Rock N Roller Coaster?

Rock N Roller Coaster - 0 to 57 mph in less then 2.8 seconds

TRON Lightcycle / Run - Top speeds of just under 60 mph, seems that it is exactly 59.3 mph.

I’m not arguing which is more intense, that fact is obvious given the inversions of Rock. Just talking about raw speed here. How fast does TRON reach its top speed on the launch? Seems much more of a gradual launch then Rock’s sudden jolt of speed.

Bocabear

yeah I guess we will have to see how Tron works with a more obese demographic.
it is not just obese...you have to straddle and lay on top of the seat, then there are restraints that lock behind your calves and over your back... one would have to be a bit flexible to get on quickly and get locked in... It's a cool ride but ridiculously short... the upright seats are good for anyone who is not completely ambulatory....or yes , larger.

James Alucobond

I suppose there are more lights around the perimeter now, so they may have just moved them. Still kind of odd.

Also, based on streaming footage from today, it seems like those white blocks currently staged along the right edge of the ramp might be used to construct a taller barrier around some of the planters. At the very least, a few of them were stacked around the edge of the planter at the base of the pathway where the TRON signage is supposed to go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I suppose there are more lights around the perimeter now, so they may have just moved them. Still kind of odd.

Also, based on streaming footage from today, it seems like those white blocks currently staged along the right edge of the ramp might be used to construct a taller barrier around some of the planters. At the very least, a few of them were stacked around the edge of the planter at the base of the pathway where the TRON signage is supposed to go.

Maybe the lights were just put in temporarily to test light levels and then were removed until work in that area is further along.

Skibum1970

As said it is not just obesity. The United States also has different ADA requirements and a population that is often kinder and accessible for Special Needs situations as well.

I was thinking this as well when I was thinking about slower load times. For those with ambulatory concerns, boarding TRON will pose a challenge that can only be overcome by taking a little longer which is perfectly understandable. I am a fan of dual loading platforms and they alleviate some of the issue. I've just observed that parks state a coaster's throughput to be 1,600 PPH, for instance, but that is based on number of riders, total ride time, and optimal unload/load timing. Real throughput usually ends up closer to 1,300-1,400 PPH. Hopefully, TRON is on the higher end of the scale.

jaxonp

Is the launch for TRON faster than Rock N Roller Coaster?

Rock N Roller Coaster - 0 to 57 mph in less then 2.8 seconds

TRON Lightcycle / Run - Top speeds of just under 60 mph, seems that it is exactly 59.3 mph.

I’m not arguing which is more intense, that fact is obvious given the inversions of Rock. Just talking about raw speed here. How fast does TRON reach its top speed on the launch? Seems much more of a gradual launch then Rock’s sudden jolt of speed.

Having ridden both, RnRc seems faster (much more intense.. likely based on the catapult launch system) so you're pretty right on

FigmentFan82

Having ridden both, RnRc seems faster (much more intense.. likely based on the catapult launch system) so you're pretty right on
it's because of the omni-directional pivoting the cars do around turns. completely smooths out the experience (in a great way I think) instead of being locked on a specific trajectory as the track twists and turns

celluloid

That is a shame in a way as the sensation of the vulnerable bike position should feel somewhat more intense, but I suppose that is not the goal. After the launch of Tron back into the indoors, it has quite a few block sections that seem oddly paced vs Big Thunder which is one of the blockiest break coasters of all time but each section is paced fairly well and has the lifthills for storytelling and a build.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom