New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

dreday3

If they wanted it on Crescent Lake, replace Beach Club’s Ariel’s with this. I think it would work there, too.

Um, no thanks. :D

Beach Club's bar needs to be fixed there before anything else. Martha's Vineyard is the worst hotel bar on property.
I mean...we'll still be there, but begrudgingly! 😂

Rteetz

1668624501024.jpeg

Should’ve just put the coke store there

Dr.GrantSeeker

With a name like Cake Bake Shop, IMO the majority of guests will probably walk right by this under the assumption it is a dessert place. I am excited for something new to come to the BW, since its my favorite resort, but I can see this sitting empty a decent amount of time. I wish they took a more casual approach to this. I do not plan on eating here as this isn't a place that interests me, but I am sure it will have some sort of fan base.

Prince-1

With a name like Cake Bake Shop, IMO the majority of guests will probably walk right by this under the assumption it is a dessert place. I am excited for something new to come to the BW, since its my favorite resort, but I can see this sitting empty a decent amount of time. I wish they took a more casual approach to this. I do not plan on eating here as this isn't a place that interests me, but I am sure it will have some sort of fan base.

I am sure the Cheesecake Factory doesn't have that problem. People will figure it out but if it is slow it might because it's at the BW which isn't the easiest to get to and those prices.....

ToTBellHop

I am sure the Cheesecake Factory doesn't have that problem. People will figure it out but if it is slow it might because it's at the BW which isn't the easiest to get to and those prices.....
A Cheesecake Factory would make a killing here. I’d bring brown bread over to the Ratatouille queue.

Rteetz

Your real issue with this has nothing to do with theming. It’s because they are removing something you liked and utilized in favor of something you don’t intend to like or utilize.
Absolutely not. It is not like I was at ESPN all the time. I had gone maybe 2-3 times. This does not fit. Not everything has to be a high class experience but that is clearly what Disney wants. Maybe some day Disney will do something you don't like too.

Bocabear

the High Class argument is ridiculous...this is a sandwich and cake restaurant that is the wrong idiom for this resort...but it certainly isn't "High Class"... ESPN never fit the storyline of The Boardwalk either... it was too "usual" for an expensive, nicely designed resort hotel.
Disney does lots of things I don't like, but getting rid of ESPN is not one of them.
I don't think Cake Bake Shop was a great choice...again, at the Grand Flo it seems to fit the feeling...especially since High Tea has been served there for years... Even Yacht Club might feel right.... but not on the boardwalk...

Rteetz

the High Class argument is ridiculous...this is a sandwich and cake restaurant that is the wrong idiom for this resort...but it certainly isn't "High Class"... ESPN never fit the storyline of The Boardwalk either... it was too "usual" for an expensive, nicely designed resort hotel.
Disney does lots of things I don't like, but getting rid of ESPN is not one of them.
I don't think Cake Bake Shop was a great choice...again, at the Grand Flo it seems to fit the feeling...especially since High Tea has been served there for years... Even Yacht Club might feel right.... but not on the boardwalk...

This place isn’t exactly cheap (not that much in WDW is these days). This is my definitely of a high class experience. Nothing about this is casual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom