This week at All Star Music

wendysue

Original Poster
I must say that this has been a good trip so far. We got off of our Southwest flight at 1:30 on Saturday and headed down to B1 to the Sunshine Flyer. We got right on the bus at 1:45 and were at the All Star Music resort by 2:45. (and that was after dropping off at Art of Animation first). The trip from the airport seemed much quicker than on Mears. The Music resort is one of the cleanest and friendliest I have stayed in for a long time. I requested no housekeeping for our stay as my husband and I do not generate much trash (we take it out) and generally pick up after ourselves. The housecleaning crew came in anyway and replenished towels, dumped our trash and actually threw away some stuff I was saving, which the front desk replaced. :oops: They are cleaning the rooms every day here. No problems with the buses to the parks and have not been on a bus more than half full.
Not much in the way of food choices, but the beef dinner and chicken teriyaki were good. Pizza is awful. 🤢 The sauce on the pizza and for the breadsticks tastes like they just opened a can of diced tomatoes. Very bland and watery.
(Start of rant) I will also say that one of the stupider things they have done at the food courts is taking away the cream dispenser and replacing them with bowls of carnation chemical creamers that taste horrible! Now guests have to stand there and open 8 of those stupid things to get the cream that took all of 1 second to dispense before! (End of rant)
We are not ride warriors and I cannot walk the miles necessary to conquer the parks so did not purchase Genie or LL and will take our chances on any rides. We are going to the Christmas party tonight so maybe have a chance of riding something there. I just know I do NOT want to go back to the snow at home!

Last edited:

mf1972

i have to laugh at your coffee creamer comment. we just came back after staying at POFQ, & it was the same thing there as well. i just grabbed some & brought it to my table so i’m not blocking anyone. i miss having the dispenser available.

Weather_Lady

i have to laugh at your coffee creamer comment. we just came back after staying at POFQ, & it was the same thing there as well. i just grabbed some & brought it to my table so i’m not blocking anyone. i miss having the dispenser available.
The need for high-quality coffee creamer in sufficient quantity is no small matter! I'm obsessive about packing light, but my favorite coffee creamer is the one "silly, unnecessary comfort item" I bring with me, or buy, every time we travel. It makes the in-room coffee taste like home. I totally get the OPs feelings on this! :)

mf1972

The need for high-quality coffee creamer in sufficient quantity is no small matter! I'm obsessive about packing light, but my favorite coffee creamer is the one "silly, unnecessary comfort item" I bring with me, or buy, every time we travel. It makes the in-room coffee taste like home. I totally get the OPs feelings on this! :)
we brought coffe mate powdered creamer with us for the in room coffee maker. also used it when i brought coffee back to our room. really made the coffee taste better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom