Indiana Jones Land?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’ve always thought Ansel Elgort from “Baby Driver” and “The Fault of Our Stars” would be perfect as the new Indy. It has been between either him or Chris Pratt, but Pratt has become too big of a name.
I had assumed he was being groomed for that position what with his ties to Spielberg and all. His recently renewed assault allegations might have put a wrinkle in his chances to take up the role.

MickeyMouse10

I had assumed he was being groomed for that position what with his ties to Spielberg and all. His recently renewed assault allegations might have put a wrinkle in his chances to take up the role.

Yep, I thought the same thing. He'd be a shoe in if Spielberg was directing Indy 5. Unfortunately (or fortunately) he's not doing the next one. It maybe a good thing in the grand scheme of things if there isn't any ill placed aliens shoehorned into the film though.

Disney Maddux

Just saw the show today for the first time since 2018, forgot how much fun it is!

Really hoping to see more Indy at the parks, but not at the expense of the show going please!

GimpYancIent

I see no point to an Indy Land, unless they replace him with a younger version.
Replace NO. Have Indiana pass on (literally) the hat to another adventurous archeologist with a zest for exploration. Ta Da another movie and a fresh restart to an established I.P., with Jones being such a common name it could be comic relief for it being another Jones.

UNCgolf

Replace NO. Have Indiana pass on (literally) the hat to another adventurous archeologist with a zest for exploration. Ta Da another movie and a fresh restart to an established I.P., with Jones being such a common name it could be comic relief for it being another Jones.

That would be hard to do -- it works as a pulp serial set in the first half of the 20th century, but trying to do an Indiana Jones successor in the 70s or 80s (or later) probably wouldn't work.

Casper Gutman

That would be hard to do -- it works as a pulp serial set in the first half of the 20th century, but trying to do an Indiana Jones successor in the 70s or 80s (or later) probably wouldn't work.
The Adventures of Abner Ravenwood starring Oscar Isaac

But Ford’s Indy is one of the iconic creations of popular cinema - whatever form the post-Ford series take, we need a land set in the 30s or 40s. And there is no IP more deserving of a full land besides, perhaps, LotR.

SpectreJordan

I imagine the character will be recast eventually. I'm sure there's plenty of adventures he had in the 30s & 40s that we never saw.

It might take a while though, Disney seems to be hesitant to recast right now after Solo (which wasn't the fault of the recasting at all, but whatever). But I have to imagine that next June won't be the last we see of Indy.

As for the IP not being fit for a land, the theming wouldn't be super specific like it is with Star Wars, Harry Potter & Avatar. I feel that would give an Indy land a sense of timelessness. That's on top of the franchise being an enduring piece of American pop culture. Snow White & Peter Pan aren't particularly relevant, but I doubt anyone would complain about them getting more in the parks.

cookiee_munster

An IP deserving of a land in a major theme park should be actually popular lol
It certainly helps. But look at Splash Mountain, Song of the South is a film that not many people have seen. I think it comes down to storytelling and how an IP is implemented into a lands setting. I think it also needs to not rely purely on having to have seen the film or tv show it's based on, because some people may not have. So to expand the story further just enhances the experience.

I'd love Indy to get His own land. I think it would be fairly hard to do, as he's a bit of a globe trotter. So it would have to be set in one specific area. Hopefully the new film will create a new audience and an appreciation for the previous films. The fact that they (and the Tv show) aren't available on Disney+ is disappointing

SpectreJordan

It certainly helps. But look at Splash Mountain, Song of the South is a film that not many people have seen. I think it comes down to storytelling and how an IP is implemented into a lands setting. I think it also needs to not rely purely on having to have seen the film or tv show it's based on, because some people may not have. So to expand the story further just enhances the experience.

I'd love Indy to get His own land. I think it would be fairly hard to do, as he's a bit of a globe trotter. So it would have to be set in one specific area. Hopefully the new film will create a new audience and an appreciation for the previous films. The fact that they (and the Tv show) aren't available on Disney+ is disappointing
A ride based on a less popular IP is fine. But a whole land is overkill, you're better off creating an original land with 1 attraction based on that IP instead.

The point of a land based on an IP is to bring back memories of a beloved series so that people will want to go to that park, so they can finally live in that world/story.

cheezbat

I’ve been begging for an Indy ride or land for ages in WDW…I love the Stunt show but it’s so old. Indy deserves more. Seeing what they’ve done in Tokyo and Anaheim, it’s just an absolute shame he hasn’t gotten more love in WDW. Heck, my best memory of my first visit to Disney MGM studios was watching that stunt show…and then seeing Indy in the Great Movie Ride. That’s all I cared about when going to that park in 1989.
Indy is timeless. An adventurer traveling through the jungles and temples…I just love it.

Build a new water ride using the Shanghai Pirates tech. It would kill 2 birds with one stone. Water ride which the park needs, and something unique to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom