New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

mattpeto

I don’t want to put words in his mouth, but we had this exact conversation on Twitter. He doesn’t think it’s a fit.

He feels it doesn’t fit with a turn of the century Boardwalk theme, like a sports bar with 20+ TVs did apparently.

The Cake Bake Shop would fit on the Atlantic City Boardwalk these days and it would mesh well at Ocean City and Cape May NJ too.

To each it’s own.

It beats the dormant spot at the very least.

peter11435

I don’t want to put words in his mouth, but we had this exact conversation on Twitter. He doesn’t think it’s a fit.

He feels it doesn’t fit with a turn of the century Boardwalk theme, like a sports bar with 20+ TVs did apparently.

The Cake Bake Shop would fit on the Atlantic City Boardwalk these days and it would mesh well at Ocean City and Cape May NJ too.

To each it’s own.

It beats the dormant spot at the very least.
I assumed it was something like that. And I think that’s kinda ridiculous. This is a much better fit than ESPN ever was. And a better fit then a few other current and former venues.

UNCgolf

I hope this fails miserably.

I'm not a fan of bringing in outside brands to the Boardwalk (or any Disney parks/resorts) -- that should be saved for Disney Springs. It's why I really dislike Starbucks everywhere.

Boardwalk already has this issue with Big River Grille (and with ESPN Club), but it would have been nice to see them pull back and develop something themed (or at least unique to Disney, like Flying Fish) rather than double down.

Just because it's not worse than what was there before doesn't make it a good fit.

Dan Deesnee

I'm not a fan of bringing in outside brands to the Boardwalk (or any Disney parks/resorts) -- that should be saved for Disney Springs. It's why I really dislike Starbucks everywhere.

Boardwalk already has this issue with Big River Grille (and with ESPN Club), but it would have been nice to see them pull back and develop something themed (or at least unique to Disney, like Flying Fish) rather than double down.

Just because it's not worse than what was there before doesn't make it a good fit.

I agree but this is much better than some generic overpriced place like the ice cream shop next door.

I'm excited for this new restaurant and bakery. My wife and girls will love doing the afternoon tea.

ToTBellHop

The ice cream shop is awful.

The original ice cream/candy place was so much better than anything they've had since, in terms of actually fitting the theme.
Eh, I just like I can get Beaches and Cream sundaes without the Beaches and Cream nonsense.

And I thought Ample Hills was over-rated.

dreday3

Have you checked out their menu. It’s really not a dessert only place at all

I did. It's mostly salads and sandwiches (served with a salad - lettuce, I don't' like it :D), which is fine, but nothing there really appeals to me except the baguette sandwich, which we get in France.

I'm not mad it's there, just not our thing.

ToTBellHop

I did. It's mostly salads and sandwiches (served with a salad - lettuce, I don't' like it :D), which is fine, but nothing there really appeals to me except the baguette sandwich, which we get in France.

I'm not mad it's there, just not our thing.
I just find the prices to be outrageous. In Indiana. I can only imagine the Disney mark-up. Then again, a Ghirardelli sundae costs $15 now, so maybe I’ve been left behind by the times.

ToTBellHop

If I wanted to substitute kettle chips as a side for my salad (which I would, grrrrr) it's an extra $5.00!!!

That's bananas.
But they add an e onto the end of many words. So your tuna salade sandwich with chips is definitely worth $23.

I can’t be the only one who thinks it is ridiculous that “French” food in America costs more than actual French food in Paris. I find it to somehow be both condescending and trashy.

dreday3

But they add an e onto the end of many words. So your tuna salade sandwich with chips is definitely worth $23.

I can’t be the only one who thinks it is ridiculous that “French” food in America costs more than actual French food in Paris.

It looks very pretty - which is what I think the price is trying to reflect. Very fancy-pants, gilded, girly and I can see it being a draw for moms/daughters. I almost look at it as a "theme" restaurant. I would go for a glass of champagne and a blackberry jam bar (sounds delicious) if I wanted to see it inside, but we probably won't.
I just don't think there's enough of a base to keep it busy. But maybe there is. Maybe moms/grandmoms/daughters will take time from Epcot and go for afternoon tea and cake? I don't know.

Me and my mom got a grilled cheese with a side of fries at Venture when I was a little girl. :D

ToTBellHop

It looks very pretty - which is what I think the price is trying to reflect. Very fancy-pants, girly and I can see it being a draw for moms/daughters. I almost look at it as a "theme" restaurant. I would go for a glass of champagne and a blackberry jam bar (sounds delicious) if I wanted to see it inside, but we probably won't.
I just don't think there's enough of a base to keep it busy. But maybe there is. Maybe moms/grandmoms/daughters will take time from Epcot and go for afternoon tea and cake? I don't know.

Me and my mom got a grilled cheese with a side of fries at Venture when I was a little girl. :D
I could see it more inside MK or at DS. The BoardWalk always struggles to get people to come over. Not sure this will be an exception.

Ayla

It looks very pretty - which is what I think the price is trying to reflect. Very fancy-pants, gilded, girly and I can see it being a draw for moms/daughters. I almost look at it as a "theme" restaurant. I would go for a glass of champagne and a blackberry jam bar (sounds delicious) if I wanted to see it inside, but we probably won't.

Are you kidding? Disney moms LOVE anything bougie. 😂

Bocabear

It looks more like a fit for the Grand Floridian in style, content and price.
It does beat ESPN or a vacant spot...
but there are other things that would have been a better fit, or develop a restaurant specifically to fit the Boardwalk theme... a 1940 Jersey Shore diner open until midnight would be a huge hit...and would be well used. The fact that nothing is open late night when most people are getting back from the parks and just want a little something to eat is just ridiculous and leaving money on the table...and theme it ti the Boardwalk 1940s...make it a true thematic fit...nothing else at the property seems to have bothered with that...this would be a nice change.

LSLS

This is such a large space for a bake shop. Yeah, not excited at all for what it offers at the prices it does. I won't say it doesn't fit, but I do find another high priced bake store pretty un-needed around Disney. ESPN needed some real help, but I at least appreciated it was something different.

Rteetz

I assumed it was something like that. And I think that’s kinda ridiculous. This is a much better fit than ESPN ever was. And a better fit then a few other current and former venues.
Disagree strongly. ESPN fit fine and frankly should still be there or at least some sort of casual dining experience. This fru fry cake shop should be at the Grand. Everything about this upscale white fancy experience screams Grand Flo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom