MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Basically Mickey's Mix Magic, but it works? (Though some of the Pyro lower down looks really close to the crowd?!)

The EDM remixes will go down with the crowd in Paris well and is much more suited to a second gate versus a castle park. Will probably plan my first 2023 trip to see this when it is show in January.

And the low pyro is just floor based like they’d use in hub or stage shows. Nothing to be concerned about.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Looks like they deliberately didn't cover the other roofs based on the 3D rendering. Maybe they'll plus the effects and cover the other roofs next year if it was deemed a success?

From the previous years:
2017-11-28-photo-00001268.jpg

c1d36bb6da28001a0b5c82e29956c8da--disneyland-paris-la-belle.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

The Christmas nighttime show debuted tonight!
Will go check it out sometime during this Christmas season 🙂

I'm glad that DLP has a nighttime Christmas show now after 4 years, but I wish they could've used this revival to excise much of the Frozen section from the 2014 renewal (In Summer/Love is an Open Door). Or, at the very least, replace it with something from Olaf's Frozen Adventure (you know, the holiday-themed Frozen short?).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has announced a Luca-inspired expansion of Pizzeria Bella Notte Restaurant -

Andiamo! Inspired by the Pixar film, “Luca,” a touch of Italy is coming to Disneyland Paris as work is underway on an expansion of Pizzeria Bella Notte Restaurant.

Since its opening in 1992, Fantasyland has been a vibrant homage to the European fairy tales and storytellers, a timeless place where the magic of animation meets the architectural styles and cultures of the countries they are inspired from. Pizzeria Bella Notte is no exception with its peaceful and romantic atmosphere which pays homage to various regions of Italy. This iconic restaurant features nods to the classic Disney stories “Lady and the Tramp” as well as “Fantasia” and will now be home to another classic that has charmed families around the world: Pixar’s “Luca.”

New 'Luca'-Inspired Restaurant Area coming to Disneyland Paris

Taking place in the Italian Riviera, “Luca” (streaming on Disney+) tells the story of a young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, but all the fun is threatened by a deeply held secret: they are sea monsters from another world just below the water’s surface.

Drawing of 'Luca'

When the opportunity to expand the restaurant arose, Imagineers naturally thought about the fan-favorite sea monster to add to the variety of characters represented in the park. This new themed area will bring a seaside atmosphere with lots of details and objects evoking the local fishing culture and cuisine that you can find in Luca’s hometown of Portorosso, in addition to providing further space for guests to enjoy Italian specialties.

Rendering of New 'Luca'-Inspired Restaurant Area coming to Disneyland Paris
Rendering of New 'Luca'-Inspired Restaurant Area coming to Disneyland Paris

“’Luca’ is a beautiful coming-of-age tale that reminds us of the beauty of acceptance, of one another but also from within. Discovering who we are can be a daunting challenge, but friendships can help us on that journey,” shares Tracy Eck, Art Director at Walt Disney Imagineering Paris – Design & Show Quality. “I’m really happy that we are able to bring elements from the story of ‘Luca’ here to Fantasyland.”

Last edited:

mrflo

So that's forever goodbye for a little dark ride behind there I guess
If I am not mistaken, the area between Sir Mickey's Boutique and Fantasia Gelati was supposed to be for a Beauty & the Beast attraction (ala Tiki Room). The changes to Fantasia Gelati - making it an extension of the Pizzeria - should not change that available footprint. However, there is still a larger area opposite of Pizzeria Bella Notte Restaurant and behind Videopolis which was thought to be for the Little Mermaid darkride.

fradz

If I am not mistaken, the area between Sir Mickey's Boutique and Fantasia Gelati was supposed to be for a Beauty & the Beast attraction (ala Tiki Room). The changes to Fantasia Gelati - making it an extension of the Pizzeria - should not change that available footprint. However, there is still a larger area opposite of Pizzeria Bella Notte Restaurant and behind Videopolis which was thought to be for the Little Mermaid darkride.
That’s right! I somehow mixed it up and thought the BatB was also meant to be a dark ride, am dealing with a huge jet lag right now 😅😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom