News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Disstevefan1

If push came to shove, they could put up walls/doors in front of the cabin hallways and then convert it into a dinner-show/theatre esque thing. Boardings start at 10am for arguments sake, you can pay to add Lightsaber and Bridge training, spend time in the engineering room, and then have dinner with Gaya, with a bit of a change up of story and then have the finale with Kylo & Rey after dinner.
I would go for it.

_caleb

I've had the money and am a diehard Star Wars fan. This experience never really seemed appealling to me, at all. I do not like being constrained to a set experience and schedule (despite my over-planning a trip) and I do not relish the idea of being "in it" all the time all day long. No thanks. They should have gone with a different idea than a hotel experience at a lower price point.
This is what people said about escape rooms.

MagicHappens1971

This is what people said about escape rooms.
People also don’t understand the product. You board at 1pm on your arrival day, and you remain on board until the next morning when you are free to go to the park for almost half the day. Then you have an evening packed full of activities. Same concept as an all inclusive resort (or shocker, a regular cruise)

GimpYancIent

Did Disney operate the NBA experience? Also Disney is the first to ever build anything like this so I’m sure they want to keep it going and do what they can for it to be a success
I admire your strong uplifting and positive support for the project. Yes, the Star Cruiser concept still is a great idea with lots of potential but the powers that be have botched the project from the beginning. I said it before, and I repeat it is sputtering.

UNCgolf

I don’t understand why anyone would root for the Starcruiser to fail. Here’s Disney doing something very risky and outside the box, and getting great reviews from those who actually buy the experience. I get that rates are super expensive, but like the parks in general, demand will determine the price.

I'm personally not rooting for it to fail, but I do understand the argument that if it's a massive success it could push Disney into focusing on creating more experiences like it at the expense of the parks. If experiences like the Starcruiser don't interest you either due to the price or to the nature of the experience itself, that's not something you'd want regardless of the overall quality and/or how much Disney spends.

GimpYancIent

I don’t understand why anyone would root for the Starcruiser to fail. Here’s Disney doing something very risky and outside the box, and getting great reviews from those who actually buy the experience. I get that rates are super expensive, but like the parks in general, demand will determine the price.
Exactly, demand is dropping, unevenly depending on what sector but it is dropping. At what point does the greed stop and long-term financial health / well-being plus product quality come into focus?

_caleb

Exactly, demand is dropping, unevenly depending on what sector but it is dropping. At what point does the greed stop and long-term financial health / well-being plus product quality come into focus?
By most accounts I’ve seen, with the exception of maybe the dining room, participants have been happy with the quality of the Starcruiser experience.

And “demand is dropping” probably isn’t a good way to put it given what little info we have (I’m assuming that like many clickbait sites, you’re looking at availability in the booking calendar to determine this).

The “greed” stops when people stop paying.

_caleb

I'm personally not rooting for it to fail, but I do understand the argument that if it's a massive success it could push Disney into focusing on creating more experiences like it at the expense of the parks. If experiences like the Starcruiser don't interest you either due to the price or to the nature of the experience itself, that's not something you'd want regardless of the overall quality and/or how much Disney spends.

I get the frustration with Disney for charging money for things that should have been included in SW:GE. But Disney has found that people will go to the Parks even if they raise the prices and don’t include many immersive/interactive/streetmosphere elements. And then they discovered that some (many?) people will pay exorbitant amounts for those same elements when concentrated with a storyline.

As mentioned long ago in this thread, I could see Disney adding additional versions of this concept for Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, etc. If they can get pricing down to something remotely reasonable (”reasonable” from my perspective), I think this could be an interesting innovation for the parks.

Hawg G

I get the frustration with Disney for charging money for things that should have been included in SW:GE. But Disney has found that people will go to the Parks even if they raise the prices and don’t include many immersive/interactive/streetmosphere elements. And then they discovered that some (many?) people will pay exorbitant amounts for those same elements when concentrated with a storyline.

As mentioned long ago in this thread, I could see Disney adding additional versions of this concept for Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, etc. If they can get pricing down to something remotely reasonable (”reasonable” from my perspective), I think this could be an interesting innovation for the parks.
Hmmm, first they had travel agents. At least this is a good thing. Quite the upgrade over the normal MaW package.

Overall, hardly anyone is tweeting pics from their cruises anymore, which seems odd.

JAN J

Did Disney operate the NBA experience? Also Disney is the first to ever build anything like this so I’m sure they want to keep it going and do what they can for it to be a success
The problem is not in the product. I haven't been but I only heard great things.

The issue is that they are charging $6k for 2 days to enjoy it! (2 people will pay around $5k but it's still massive per capita for 2 days).
So even for those who can afford it and enjoy it so much as to be repeat guests, my opinion is that at some point it's just gonna be too hard to see the value.

As a side note, I do like STAR WARS / Sci-Fi in general and role-playing, and with some effort I can save money to do that without having to suffer on my essentials (would cut back / postpone other luxuries but I can stomach that). But with 2 little ones that are not old enough to enjoy and my DW not being a big fan, unfortunately it's a hard pass. I can save less than that and do something else that is longer and we can all enjoy (even a regular Disney trip).

G00fyDad

This thing might be fun and maybe something I would do if they did not have iteneraries and try to push you through interacting with a story. Leave me alone and let me experience the place the way I'd like to experience it and I would go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom