Jurassic Park River adventure has reopened.

ThemeParkJunkee

Original Poster
Rode today using Express. Slight delay. Everything is working except one Dino in Hadrosaur Cove and the dramatic door opening effect as you enter.

Rob562

Then why didn’t the ride ever close?

These are just panels that cover the support structure to make it look like a building.

And it was only around the drop out of the building. From a building envelope standpoint, I'm sure once you're beyond the crest of the hill you're probably considered "outside" even if there's a shell of a building around you. There's likely a lot of cast-off moisture from the drop trough and boats, so it's not like they're worried about keeping it dry.

Ripsaw Falls has been closed since Ian, but I haven't heard what happened over there.

-Rob

lazyboy97o

Then why didn’t the ride ever close?

These are just panels that cover the support structure to make it look like a building.
There’s a whole spectrum between cosmetic damage and unsafe to occupy.

It’s an actual building.

And it was only around the drop out of the building. From a building envelope standpoint, I'm sure once you're beyond the crest of the hill you're probably considered "outside" even if there's a shell of a building around you. There's likely a lot of cast-off moisture from the drop trough and boats, so it's not like they're worried about keeping it dry.

Ripsaw Falls has been closed since Ian, but I haven't heard what happened over there.

-Rob
Being a building envelope is because it’s the exterior wall of a building, not the location of riders.

Tom Morrow

There’s a whole spectrum between cosmetic damage and unsafe to occupy.

It’s an actual building.

Being a building envelope is because it’s the exterior wall of a building, not the location of riders.

People are riding the ride, it's not "unsafe to occupy." The structure has not been deemed unsafe in any capacity.

Tom Morrow

I think we might be using the word differently. You seem to be using "cosmetic" as "light damage". I'm using it meaning "damage that affects the look of something but not the function".

lazyboy97o

I think we might be using the word differently. You seem to be using "cosmetic" as "light damage". I'm using it meaning "damage that affects the look of something but not the function".
My point was that your assessment that the wall serves no function is incorrect. It has a function and the ride not staying closed is not evidence of its lack of function.

999th Happy Haunt

That was a plan. Then JW was to feature in Epic. Now it isn’t (yet) I’d hope for a good rebuild of the older parts at least. It’s one of those with so much potential with not a lot of outlay.
That's news to me that JW could have been in Epic. I'm assuming with the Beijing dark ride? Was it replaced by one of the lands being built now or just scrapped entirely?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom