Shanghai Disneyland closes due to outbreak of a pneumonia-like illness in China

IanDLBZF

Shanghai Disneyland has reduced capacity and operations!
To comply with pandemic control measures we will operate with a reduced workforce on a temporary basis.
As a result, Shanghai Disneyland will operate with reduced offerings starting October 29, 2022. During this period, select attractions, live entertainment, restaurants and shops will not be available or will operate at reduced capacity. The park will still remain open, and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, Disneytown and Wishing Star Park will continue to operate normally.

We understand these temporary measures may impact some guests’ original visit plans, in which case we will provide refunds or exchanges for guests who wish to reschedule their visit to another date. Please contact your original point of purchase for a refund or exchange of tickets for Shanghai Disneyland (tickets not redeemed), or contact Shanghai Disney Resort Reservation Center for other inquiries.

We look forward to resuming normal operations soon. Please check the resort’s official app for the most up-to-date operations plan.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Shanghai Disneyland is closed again

In order to follow the requirement of pandemic prevention and control, Shanghai Disney Resort, including Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and Wishing Star Park will be closed starting Monday, October 31, 2022, with immediate effect. We will notify guests as soon as we have a confirmed date to resume operations.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide refund or exchanges for all guests impacted during this period.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Shanghai Disney Resort

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Shanghai Disneyland is closed again

In order to follow the requirement of pandemic prevention and control, Shanghai Disney Resort, including Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and Wishing Star Park will be closed starting Monday, October 31, 2022, with immediate effect. We will notify guests as soon as we have a confirmed date to resume operations.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide refund or exchanges for all guests impacted during this period.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Shanghai Disney Resort
Since the park originally opened to guests has it been closed more than opened?

Disney would be better off just pulling out and scrapping it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Since the park originally opened to guests has it been closed more than opened?

Disney would be better off just pulling out and scrapping it.
Correct! It would not be a simple walk away but absolutely should be done. The Chinese will most likely continue to operate it as a non-Disney entity of some sort. The place is an embarrassment.

Vegas Disney Fan

Oh yet another precious flower, planted by Bob Iger's ego, coming to bloom.

You made deal with totalitarian communists, you should not be shocked that they are acting like totalitarian communists.
I don’t disagree but who could have foreseen Covid?

A fast growing economy and hundreds of millions of new middle class people had to look like a gold mine.

I thought they were crazy for building in a country where the government could simply claim ownership whenever they wanted but prior to 2020 who would have ever guessed they’d be closed for years due to a pandemic?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don’t disagree but who could have foreseen Covid?

A fast growing economy and hundreds of millions of new middle class people had to look like a gold mine.

I thought they were crazy for building in a country where the government could simply claim ownership whenever they wanted but prior to 2020 who would have ever guessed they’d be closed for years due to a pandemic?
It was the arrogance of Iger to think that China would bend before him and that it would be business as usual.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don’t think Disney could do a lot to stop them operating it still with the Disney name and IPs etc
And Disney knows this.

flights ua GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom