runDisney returns to Disneyland in 2024

Greenlawler

Oh, I thought this was referring to Disneyland CA. How does Disneyland CA work then?

DL races also had an early start time. But from my memory it was not quite as early as WDW. I think it was 5:30 instead of 5:00, and you arent expected to get to your corals as early at DL.

Also there are so many hotels within walking distance you don't have to deal with the traffic if you don't want to.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
DL races also had an early start time. But from my memory it was not quite as early as WDW. I think it was 5:30 instead of 5:00, and you arent expected to get to your corals as early at DL.

Also there are so many hotels within walking distance you don't have to deal with the traffic if you don't want to.

Good to know. Where is the starting area? I'd prefer to stay on property.

Greenlawler

Good to know. Where is the starting area? I'd prefer to stay on property.
Parking lot behind DL Hotel. It's really close to those hotels up on Walnut Street. I think theres a Holliday Inn that is inexpensive and would be a five minute walk. Of course you could stay at DL Hotel which is awesome of course and where the expo is.

GimpYancIent

I've never run a race at DLR. I was planning on running the SW Light Side, had a hotel reservation even, and then runDisney cancelled all the Anaheim races. I just hope they've found a route that doesn't take runners along the "river". Not a safe part of town.
Rest assured that any race route off property, yes even the river section for the half marathon, will be secured and policed during the event. It will be interesting to see an actual schedule, race themes and routes for now this is just a tease.

Greenlawler

I loved the old Dumbo Double Dare

I didnt like it when they changed it to a Pixar Themed Event. I know I am old school Disney but I get a little Pixer fatigued sometimes.

I prefer calling it the Dumbo Double Dare and just letting each race have it's own theme.

Schema

My wife and I have only done one race weekend at Disneyland. We did the 2014 Avengers Super Heroes 5K and Half Marathon. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and I remember we walked down to the start line about 30 minutes before the gun and we were there in plenty of time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Disneyland dates were not announced in today’s WDW date announcement. Stay tuned on Disneyland news.

I'm considering cutting down to one race per weekend after the end of the 2022-23 season. However, I want that Coast to Coast medal...if it returns...so I'll have to do a Half at WDW and a Half at DLR.

Surferboy567

The thing is, I am at this point perfect in Springtime Surprise’s challenge. Interested to see if there is some interaction between that and Disneyland’s races.

Definitely plan to do a Disneyland race.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The thing is, I am at this point perfect in Springtime Surprise’s challenge. Interested to see if there is some interaction between that and Disneyland’s races.

Definitely plan to do a Disneyland race.
not to burst your bubble but I thought they were not going to do "perfect" for Springtime Surprise because the event changes every year?

Rteetz

not to burst your bubble but I thought they were not going to do "perfect" for Springtime Surprise because the event changes every year?
So far the event hasn't really. They set it up so they could even still have the same challenge distance if they moved to a half and 10K challenge. For these first two weekends the challenge is 19.3 with all three. A half and 10K would also be that. I am trying to remain optimistic they will end up doing perfect status for the challenge at least lol. I do not totally trust email responses from runDisney all the time either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom