HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

HKDLer

Basically a black box space (purple) that can host productions like Frozen sing-along or the Musical Invitation at WDSP.

AA94EBA2-7F73-451A-9BDD-348309821ED7.jpeg

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Except Hong Kong Disneyland, far more than any other Disney park, really, truly, desperately needs to convince people to care about it and this absolutely won't cut it. It's not like Frozen Ever After is an amazing attraction either.

Maybe it'll bring people in once, but they will, understandably, be let down by what is actually there. People will not leave this area hyped for Frozen or the park. They'll leave going "Oh yeah, that's right, Hong Kong Disneyland is disappointing and they never build anything amazing, just like I thought. I'll never make that mistake again."

I would normally agree with this, but the pandemic has been a huge help to HKDL in that it has really pushed locals into the park in a way that wasn't happening previously. The park is becoming locally beloved in a way it wasn't before, and with a strong attraction and entertainment lineup, they're well positioned. Frozen is also massively popular (even moreso than in the US) with the Chinese, and a new build FEA will scratch that itch just fine. Having a mini-land with another attraction is certainly better than WDS, which is really getting the shaft.

More concerning to me is that nothing else is on the HKDL horizon right now, despite a promised Marvel E ticket (which they'd really benefit from having).

J4546

I bet thay Tomorrowland e ticket is announced soon after frozen land is done. Regardless with frozen land open that park has a solid lineup of attractions. Also I didn't know that frozen land had a theater, even better!

Also does hk have another water log flume ride? I bet most people in hk that go on frozen flume ride will think it's pretty amazing and unique. A flume that goes forward and backwards in a well themed environment.....they will probably love it

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 672032Hmm... I don't know what to think of this. I honestly thought it would be less painterly and it being more like a sculpture made from plastic? To give it that transparent look... This looks very "flat" I guess it's still early days though. Maybe it'll receive a load of other stuff before it opens.
A tale of two ice castle paint jobs...
img_0131.jpg

(Frozen 2, An Enchanted Journey, Disneyland Paris)

maxresdefault.jpg

(Magic Happens, Disneyland)

brihow

A tale of two ice castle paint jobs...
img_0131.jpg

(Frozen 2, An Enchanted Journey, Disneyland Paris)

maxresdefault.jpg

(Magic Happens, Disneyland)
I think because guests are going to be viewing the new ice castle from a distance, the clear/blue plastic versions would end up just looking like a white or blue blob. I think it was necessary to paint in highlights and shadows to give the castle dimension. I do hope at night that the new castle is able to be lit from the inside so that it glows.

Asa

The current package (barnstormer + theatre and merchandise underneath) is so much better than what was originally (luigi clone) announced. If you look at the footprint of the land it’s impossible to put a 7DMT alongside FEA.
I just wish FEA would splash into the lake in front of Arendelle Castle. Not only is it better for the riders, it is also a good advertiser for people coming into the land.

I don't understand why it has to splash down indoors in front of the hidden plastic castle as it is. I suppose HKDL did not want to pay WDI for a slightly improved design.

BrianLo

I honestly have no issue with the Frozen addition. Looks incredibly cute and charming and two nice Fantasyland appropriate attractions in what is frankly just an addition to an under-built Fantasyland. The coaster is also a great improvement from the original take. Paris on the other hand is propping up FEA as the entire weenie of the lagoon and unfortunately it will live much of the next few years as the only thing on the lagoon essentially divorced from the park.

This of course is predicated on the fact that this round for Hong Kong was supposed to be wrapped up in a Marvel attraction that was supposed to be a big draw. I'm still confused because the governmental budget (total expansion budget) was approved for it and I can't find evidence the money was redacted.

HKDL is all charm and minimal show stoppers. Shanghai is kind of the opposite.

I agree with @GiveMeTheMusic though that HKDL survives on becoming a local Disneyland long term. Shanghai (MK) is the tourist destination.

I bet that Tomorrowland e ticket is announced soon after frozen land is done

if it's another Star Tours I mean Iron Man(the second worst attraction I have ever been on in any Disney or Universal park travels) level experience or repackaged Buzz Lightyear it won't get me back for a visit.

Last edited:

IMDREW

And Paris. You’d think with a 3 way cost split it’d be fast tracked.

Oh.
Okay, so a few questions.

1. Would you get excited about this new ride? Or is it nothing much to speak of?
2. Does this mean its not a FOP theater anymore, which opens the way for FOP at WDS?
3. Is there a plan to any of this?

cjkeating

Okay, so a few questions.

1. Would you get excited about this new ride? Or is it nothing much to speak of?
2. Does this mean its not a FOP theater anymore, which opens the way for FOP at WDS?
3. Is there a plan to any of this?
FOP for WDSP plus the Avengers E-Ticket is a great thought. So it will likely never happen. 😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom