Post ADR Plans - Good Enough?

Schweino

Preface: Trip dates 11/30 - 12/7 staying at POR w/ park hopper tickets. My inlaws have never been to WDW before.

11/30 - arrival day - We are doing dinner at Wolfgang Pucks at 7:30 and spending the evening in Disney Springs. Never eaten here, would love opinions or if we should look at something else.

12/1 - AK Day - Rope drop, leave around 330/4 PM and head to Epcot to catch some random Festival of the Holiday (FOTH) stuff and dinner at Chef de France at 7:30. Catch Fireworks right after. Also never eaten at Chef's before, would love opinions.

12/2 - HS Day 1 - Rope drop, head to Epcot around 4:30 PM and dinner at Biergarten at 6:20 PM. I've read Biergarten is a great atmosphere, hence the choice. I do have an alert set to try and get Hollywood and Vine. IF we get that, plan to spend all day at HS.

12/3 - MK Day 1 - Breakfast at CP at 9:20, dinner at Cali Grill at 7:05. All day at MK.

12/4 - HS Day 2/Rest - Sleep in, head to HS for the mid afternoon. Candlelight Processional dinner at Le Cellier at 5:55 w/ 8:30 PM show.

12/5 - Epcot Day - Breakfast at Topo's at 7:35 then head to Epcot. Mainly do rides and random FOTH stuff that we haven't hit yet. Dinner at SPace 220 at 5:30.

12/6 - Mk Day 2/MVMCP - Probably sleep in, head to MK. LTT lunch at 11:05. Dinner at BOG at 5:50 then party after.

I really wanted to get Cali Grill for our arrival day dinner, but I wanted a 630-730 dinner time. Have an alert set to try and snag that. If we get it, will probably set an alert to try and get LTT for 12/3. Also have alert to try and get Topo breakfast on 12/4 instead of 12/5.

For someone who has never been to WDW before, and trying to catch as much of the FOTH as we can, you think this is a decent enough plan?

Last edited:

JohnD

Preface: Trip dates 11/30 - 12/7 staying at POR w/ park hopper tickets. My inlaws have never been to WDW before.

11/30 - arrival day - We are doing dinner at Wolfgang Pucks at 7:30 and spending the evening in Disney Springs. Never eaten here, would love opinions or if we should look at something else. Couldn't tell you about Wolfgang Pucks. I've eaten at Jaleo, Wine Bar George, and Art Smith's Homecomin'. All are very good.

12/1 - AK Day - Rope drop, leave around 330/4 PM and head to Epcot to catch some random Festival of the Holiday (FOTH) stuff and dinner at Chef de France at 7:30. Catch Fireworks right after. Also never eaten at Chef's before, would love opinions. Can't go wrong with French Onion Soup, Filet Mignon, and Crème Brule.

12/2 - HS Day 1 - Rope drop, head to Epcot around 4:30 PM and dinner at Biergarten at 6:20 PM. I've read Biergarten is a great atmosphere, hence the choice. I do have an alert set to try and get Hollywood and Vine. IF we get that, plan to spend all day at HS. Biergarten is more fun when going with a group which you're doing. You won't lack for food. About HS on 12/2 and 12/4, on both days you want to sleep in. How quaint. (I jest). But you may miss out on Rise of the Resistance on both days for ILL or more popular Genie+ picks since not arriving first thing.

12/3 - MK Day 1 - Breakfast at CP at 9:20, dinner at Cali Grill at 7:05. All day at MK. Remember, Cali is a three course meal. If you can't go back to your room after all day at MK, make sure to have an appropriate shirt to change into in your backpack or whatever. You can't dine in a t-shirt.

12/4 - HS Day 2/Rest - Sleep in, head to HS for the mid afternoon. Candlelight Processional dinner at Le Cellier at 5:55 w/ 8:30 PM show. Similar to above, at least wake up before 7am, take care of Genie+ and see what attraction you can get. Decide to go back to sleep depending on time of attraction window.

12/5 - Epcot Day - Breakfast at Topo's at 7:35 then head to Epcot. Mainly do rides and random FOTH stuff that we haven't hit yet. Dinner at SPace 220 at 5:30.

12/6 - Mk Day 2/MVMCP - Probably sleep in, head to MK. LTT lunch at 11:05. Dinner at BOG at 5:50 then party after. That's a lot of food before the party. Last Sunday, I ate at BOG at 4:30 which was enough time before the party but skipped lunch. An LTT meal is so much food, you could probably skip BOG.

I really wanted to get Cali Grill for our arrival day dinner, but I wanted a 630-730 dinner time. Have an alert set to try and snag that. If we get it, will probably set an alert to try and get LTT for 12/3. Also have alert to try and get Topo breakfast on 12/4 instead of 12/5.

For someone who has never been to WDW before, and trying to catch as much of the FOTH as we can, you think this is a decent enough plan?

See responses above.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

11/30 - arrival day - We are doing dinner at Wolfgang Pucks at 7:30 and spending the evening in Disney Springs. Never eaten here, would love opinions or if we should look at something else.

12/1 - AK Day - Rope drop, leave around 330/4 PM and head to Epcot to catch some random Festival of the Holiday (FOTH) stuff and dinner at Chef de France at 7:30. Catch Fireworks right after. Also never eaten at Chef's before, would love opinions.

12/2 - HS Day 1 - Rope drop, head to Epcot around 4:30 PM and dinner at Biergarten at 6:20 PM. I've read Biergarten is a great atmosphere, hence the choice. I do have an alert set to try and get Hollywood and Vine. IF we get that, plan to spend all day at HS.

12/3 - MK Day 1 - Breakfast at CP at 9:20, dinner at Cali Grill at 7:05. All day at MK.

12/4 - HS Day 2/Rest - Sleep in, head to HS for the mid afternoon. Candlelight Processional dinner at Le Cellier at 5:55 w/ 8:30 PM show.

12/6 - Mk Day 2/MVMCP - Probably sleep in, head to MK. LTT lunch at 11:05. Dinner at BOG at 5:50 then party after.

We love Biergarten no matter what the haters say.
All you can eat and really great entertainment!
And we also manage to strike up an interesting conversation with our table mates.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
See responses above.
Thanks for your insights! Last time I visted, RoR was on Virtual Queue. Not sure what the average stand by time is for that. We don't have plans to get Genie+, but we might for HS (and then I will wake up).

I hear you on LTT + BOG, and I'm still not sure if we will keep LTT there - possibly just grab food during the party instead. Perfect world: I'm able to snag a Cali Grill rez on our arrival day, and then I can try and get an LTT rez at like 630 for 12/3. LTT is on my wish list :D

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks for your insights! Last time I visted, RoR was on Virtual Queue. Not sure what the average stand by time is for that. We don't have plans to get Genie+, but we might for HS (and then I will wake up).

I hear you on LTT + BOG, and I'm still not sure if we will keep LTT there - possibly just grab food during the party instead. Perfect world: I'm able to snag a Cali Grill rez on our arrival day, and then I can try and get an LTT rez at like 630 for 12/3. LTT is on my wish list :D
Because of the hurricane, I had to switch up my plans last week. I already did MNSSHP which turned out to be my only MK fix Sunday night, Ep Mon, and AK Tuesday, Wed-Thurs parks were closed due to the hurricane. That meant I could only go to HS on Friday. I already had a park reservation for Epcot on Friday but was not allowed to change it so I hopped to HS as close to 2pm as possible. What that meant is long standby wait times for the most popular rides and ILL and Genie+ had no more availability for the most popular rides. ROR was consistently 90 minutes and above. Maybe I could have waited until the last minute but I had an ADR at Art Smith's at 9:20 in DS. In your case, since you plan on HS all day on 12/2, you may just want to wait as close to park close as possible before boarding RoR. It could be "walk on" or 30-45 minutes which really isn't too bad for that ride.

If you drop LTT, keep BOG before doing the party. I found I got a nice rest and the food gave me energy for the party (MNSSHP in my case).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Because of the hurricane, I had to switch up my plans last week. I already did MNSSHP which turned out to be my only MK fix Sunday night, Ep Mon, and AK Tuesday, Wed-Thurs parks were closed due to the hurricane. That meant I could only go to HS on Friday. I already had a park reservation for Epcot on Friday but was not allowed to change it so I hopped to HS as close to 2pm as possible. What that meant is long standby wait times for the most popular rides and ILL and Genie+ had no more availability for the most popular rides. ROR was consistently 90 minutes and above. Maybe I could have waited until the last minute but I had an ADR at Art Smith's at 9:20 in DS. In your case, since you plan on HS all day on 12/2, you may just want to wait as close to park close as possible before boarding RoR. It could be "walk on" or 30-45 minutes which really isn't too bad for that ride.

If you drop LTT, keep BOG before doing the party. I found I got a nice rest and the food gave me energy for the party (MNSSHP in my case).
Thanks! HS has crap on 12/2 for reservations. If I get an alert for Hollywood and Vine for dinner, will do what you recommend for RoR. Also, I do plan to keep BOG there. I really think BOG is the best themed sit down in MK (IMO) and want my inlaws to experience it.

Perfect world, Im doing Cali Grill on 11/30 instead of Wolfgangs and LTT on 12/3 instead of Cali.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks! HS has crap on 12/2 for reservations. If I get an alert for Hollywood and Vine for dinner, will do what you recommend for RoR. Also, I do plan to keep BOG there. I really think BOG is the best themed sit down in MK (IMO) and want my inlaws to experience it.

Perfect world, Im doing Cali Grill on 11/30 instead of Wolfgangs and LTT on 12/3 instead of Cali.

I agree. I had it perfectly planned out including lunch reservations at 50s Prime Time on Thursday. Had to scrap that because of Ian. I grabbed a last minute late lunch on Friday at SciFi. Not impressed. It's a one and done for me. Keep an eye out for lunch ADRs. Don't worry about about dinner to keep your evening flexible. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Looks good.

FWIW, I'd never drop Biergarten for Hollywood & Vine. It would be like dropping Disney World in favor of a trip to the McDonald's PlayPlace. (That said, I understand from reading recent reviews that the lunch and dinner offerings have improved since my family's so-bad-we-left-hungry experience at H&V, so perhaps my opinion on it is out of date... Still, Biergarten is one of our all-time favorite WDW restaurants, for food, atmosphere, and entertainment.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Just to point out one thing and clear up what could be a misunderstanding.

For ILLs, as you’re staying onsite, you can book those at 7am without being in the park. So, for example, if you decide to sleep in on your DHS day you can still book for Rise of the Resistance if you wake up and then chill.

Same would go for Genie+ if you buy it for those days.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Looks good.

FWIW, I'd never drop Biergarten for Hollywood & Vine. It would be like dropping Disney World in favor of a trip to the McDonald's PlayPlace. (That said, I understand from reading recent review that the lunch and dinner offerings have improved since my family's so-bad-we-left-hungry experience at H&V, so perhaps my opinion on it is out of date... Still, Biergarten is one of our all-time favorite WDW restaurants, for food, atmosphere, and entertainment.)
Thanks for this! The *only* reason we wanted H&V was because of the characters (it's really for my mother in law). I've only eaten at H&V once (2019) and I didn't think it was bad. The characters then had a heck of a show going. But we've never eaten at Biergarten so maybe well just keep that!

Upvote 0

DisneyfanMA

The Edison over at Disney Springs would be more appealing to me from a themeing and atmosphere aspect than Wolfgang Puck. Unsure of food though at either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom