Some questions about Parades

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
Very much looking forward to the Festival of Fantasy Parade at MK which runs only twice so we will make sure to catch one of them. I noticed there is also a Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade which runs throughout the day (4-6 showings).

1. Is the Cavalcade smaller/shorter? Any other differences to note?
  2. Anything special about watching either of the parades? Can we just line up somewhere on the parade route and be OK? No reason to "waste" a LL?
  3. Is MK the only park currently doing parades? It looks so in the MDE app. If so do we expect any to return to the other 3 big parks?
  4. Any other tips or call outs on Parades?

Smiley/OCD

The parades are usually 20-30 minutes start to finish with several large floats…the cavalcades started after the Covid reopening in place of the meet & greets. They are usually the same characters (sometimes 2 different) and take about 10 minutes. Hope this helps.

JohnD

Very much looking forward to the Festival of Fantasy Parade at MK which runs only twice so we will make sure to catch one of them. I noticed there is also a Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade which runs throughout the day (4-6 showings).

1. Is the Cavalcade smaller/shorter? Any other differences to note?
  2. Anything special about watching either of the parades? Can we just line up somewhere on the parade route and be OK? No reason to "waste" a LL?
  3. Is MK the only park currently doing parades? It looks so in the MDE app. If so do we expect any to return to the other 3 big parks?
  4. Any other tips or call outs on Parades?
The Cavalcades are similar to the character boats that go around Discovery Island in AK. They're just one or two floats that appear in MK throughout the day traveling from Frontierland to MS. The parades are bigger and last around 20 minutes as already stated. Good places to watch the parade are at in front of the Liberty Square snack stand just as the parade makes its turn in front of Hall of Presidents toward the MK hub. Another good view is in front of the MS train station.

DisneyfanMA

Original Poster
The Cavalcades are similar to the character boats that go around Discovery Island in AK. They're just one or two floats that appear in MK throughout the day traveling from Frontierland to MS. The parades are bigger and last around 20 minutes as already stated. Good places to watch the parade are at in front of the Liberty Square snack stand just as the parade makes its turn in front of Hall of Presidents toward the MK hub. Another good view is in front of the MS train station.
Great thank you both for this info. It helps.

No full parades at AK, HS or Epcot? I feel like maybe HS had them in past or am I exaggerating cavalcades?

LittleBuford

Another good viewing spot—and the last to fill up—is in Frontierland near the starting point of the parade. An added advantage of watching from here is that you can resume experiencing attractions while the parade continues to make its way along the route.

JohnD

No full parades at AK, HS or Epcot? I feel like maybe HS had them in past or am I exaggerating cavalcades?
No full parades at the other three parks. Before the Pandemic HS had March of the First Order but they don't do that anymore. Same with various motorcades but not now. Epcot and AK used to have parades - AK more recently than Epcot but even then that was years ago.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

No parades in Animal Kingdom now. Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade was the only one in that park and ran from 2001-2014.
Hollywood Studios currently has a Pixar cavalcade usually with Buzz, Woody, Edna Mode, Jesse and the green army men.
Epcot had Tapestry of Nations/Dreams, but that ended back in 2003.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom