What time AK evening

ceecee101

So in November we have a 7:45 ADR at Boma for DH’s birthday with the idea that we would go back to AK just before to see it in the evening. I believe it closes at 7 that night. We wanted to just wander around, especially Pandora as we have never been, maybe do FOP again but mostly just see it in the evening, something we have also never done. Recommendations on timing? That will be our last night at Swan before we transfer to CR the following day. Thanks.

Weather_Lady

According to Google, sunset in November in Orlando is around 5:30pm. I guess it depends on how long you want to see AK at night. (It is very beautiful, although some areas are not well-lighted, so don't try to move too quickly.) If you're planning to do FOP again, that alone could take up to an hour depending on the wait (and if you're visiting during Thanksgiving week, more like 90 minutes). Assuming you're there on a non-holiday week, I'd allow one hour for walking the park, one hour for FOP, and 45 minutes (way more time than you need, but a cushion is always good, especially at closing time) to get from AK to AKL if you're taking the bus. That means you'd want to arrive at AK by about 5pm, and do FOP first, so that by the time you're finished, you can exit into the glowing wonderland that is Pandora at night.

If you arrive early for your dinner reservation, enjoy the beautiful lobby and grab a drink at Victoria Falls Lounge, which overlooks Boma. It can get loud, but if you don't mind the noise, it's a very pleasant spot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ceecee101

Original Poster
According to Google, sunset in November in Orlando is around 5:30pm. I guess it depends on how long you want to see AK at night. (It is very beautiful, although some areas are not well-lighted, so don't try to move too quickly.) If you're planning to do FOP again, that alone could take up to an hour depending on the wait (and if you're visiting during Thanksgiving week, more like 90 minutes). Assuming you're there on a non-holiday week, I'd allow one hour for walking the park, one hour for FOP, and 45 minutes (way more time than you need, but a cushion is always good, especially at closing time) to get from AK to AKL if you're taking the bus. That means you'd want to arrive at AK by about 5pm, and do FOP first, so that by the time you're finished, you can exit into the glowing wonderland that is Pandora at night.

If you arrive early for your dinner reservation, enjoy the beautiful lobby and grab a drink at Victoria Falls Lounge, which overlooks Boma. It can get loud, but if you don't mind the noise, it's a very pleasant spot.
We’re on a non-holiday week, the week before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can get an ILL for FOP then for around 5. Wondering if it would be best to Uber of Lyft over to AK from the Swan? Thank you for these wonderful tips. We haven’t been in over 10 years. We’ll do AK one of the prior days and then hop over there this day.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We’re on a non-holiday week, the week before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can get an ILL for FOP then for around 5. Wondering if it would be best to Uber of Lyft over to AK from the Swan? Thank you for these wonderful tips. We haven’t been in over 10 years. We’ll do AK one of the prior days and then hop over there this day.
My recommendation is to walk over to Boardwalk and take the bus to AK from there. When we stayed at the Dolphin, we found that the Swan/Dolphin buses to AK had twice the wait (over 25 minutes for us), versus Boardwalk or Beach Club buses (less than 10 minutes, usually). If for some reason there was a delay, you could always call a rideshare as a backup plan.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom