News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

Touchdown

I know you were likely just joking, but I've been attacked on other sites for not liking the show before.
I just think it’s far more faithful to the source material and really liked the that it was a serialized show as opposed to mainly self contained episodes. I also liked giving the triplets distinct personalities. I also enjoyed the Disney Afternoon references. I did prefer the animation style of the 1980s show, and that version of the theme was better but that’s about it.

Touchdown

I haven't read any of the original comics, but from what I've heard the reboot is about as faithful to the source material as Frozen is to the original Snow Queen story.
-Having the 5th main character heavily involved in the series (Donald)
-Scrooge being a lot less of a kindly grandfather and more of curmudgeon (like his namesake) obsessed with glory
-Having the triplets being more mischievous and flawed

That’s much more faithful to the source material. That’s what I mean.

DoleWhipDrea

I really enjoyed the reboot! I'm nostalgic for the original of my childhood, but there were a lot of things that the reboot did that I felt were vast improvements while embracing a lot of what people loved about the original and Disney Afternoon cartoons. Webby being a proactive player, the boys each having their own distinct personalities and Donald being a regular (and taking being their uncle as an important responsibility) made the stories more interesting IMHO. Getting used to the triplets having unique voices was a bit of a struggle at first, but honestly it played well against Donald struggling to get anyone to understand him.

I think DuckTales and the characters are a more lasting IP than the World Showcase predecessors, and while I'm typically not enthusiastic about so much IP inclusion, this is one of the things that was announced for EPCOT that I was looking forward to. I am also puzzled that they didn't announce this at D23 - maybe they just didn't want to mention the 40th anniversary at all :rolleyes:

Touchdown

Donald was barely in the show at all.

You mean turning Huey into a clone of Dipper from Gravity Falls and Dewey and Louie into self-important jerks?
Donald was in their plenty and a heck of a lot more then the original series. Dewey wasn’t a jerk he was a bit quirky but was always trying to do the right thing. Louie was basically a Scrooge in training so that description is more accurate although he did change as the series went on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom