Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

gorillaball

The gardens can be screened off as needed. See what's currently going on with SSE's East Side when the East bypass was. To complete the Moana area, you're going to have to shut down the bypass.

Disney has shown they're not worried about funneling guests along thinly decorated construction walls, why would that change now? I would think Ops would want to alleviate how cramped the current eastern path can get, putting less strain on Creations and Connections.

Here's what I'm talking about on the spine plan. Again just my hunch based on what they've said and what's left to complete:
Nov/Dec 22 - Green
Jan/Feb 23 - Blue
Spring 23 - Red
Oct/Nov 23 - Yellow
View attachment 666784
The biggest question mark is the SW quad of the core. Would they open that up with the other gardens or keep it roped off as a staging area for Commuicore Hall? I think the latter.
Confused, didn't they say late 23 for Moana?

Horizonsfan

Confused, didn't they say late 23 for Moana?
They specified World Celebration as wrapping up in late 23. They didn’t specifically say when Moana would open up. However, they did show it separately on the timeline from World Celebration.

Again, I have no insider info. I’m just using my background in design and construction and hypothesizing what could happen.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Latest construction photos

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_48763.jpg

montyz81

I hate to say it, but the more I'm seeing the more this seems like a really amazing entry to an aquarium at the new Moanaland at DAK. Pretty cool, just really misplaced.
I’m am just not sure why we need to be motivated to interact with water. I thought that is what a water park or even a shower was for. Also, Walt Disney changed the idea of a walk through experience back in the 60s. If it wasn’t a good idea then, how is it a good idea now?

All this while the competition is building an entirely new park. Disney is resting on their laurels, I’d say.

GimpYancIent

I’m am just not sure why we need to be motivated to interact with water. I thought that is what a water park or even a shower was for. Also, Walt Disney changed the idea of a walk through experience back in the 60s. If it wasn’t a good idea then, how is it a good idea now?

All this while the competition is building an entirely new park. Disney is resting on their laurels, I’d say.
Fair point. After all it is Florida water interaction is pretty much a daily occurrence naturally.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I'll let Bob know to remove the dancing fountain and the backward waterfall by Imagination, and to shut off all water effects on Jungle Cruise and PotC and to put dampers on the splashback of Splash Mountain. Thanks for your input!!

montyz81

I'll let Bob know to remove the dancing fountain and the backward waterfall by Imagination, and to shut off all water effects on Jungle Cruise and PotC and to put dampers on the splashback of Splash Mountain. Thanks for your input!!
All enhancements to an existing theme we don’t interact with on a daily basis. Thanks for playing

We don’t need an attraction dedicated to how water moves. If you’ve slipped on a wet driveway, that understanding literally hits you in the behind. This experience should not be in Epcot. However, something like this could be justified at the entrance to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Think of the interactive walkways as you walk towards the Tree of Life at the entrance of Animal Kingdom. This water walk through would be perfect in those spots.

montyz81

lol for real. having a walkthrough exhibit about waters life cycle fits epcot great imo. Also, this is for kids to explore and have fun as they walkthrough. I doubt Disney puts much thought into what 40+ year old adults with no kids think about attractions lol.
It doesn’t fit as a dedicated attraction. Maybe as a mention in The Land, or the Seas. but that is it. Oh wait, the Living Seas did that already and they took it out “The Deluge!”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom