My Disney Experience system status and outages watch

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

When a business has back-end systems from 1988, with a cute front-end website? Yup, this will happen over and over.
Disney HAS no IT. Until they do? Expect crashing, print EVERYTHING, and have it with you :(.

Attachments

• computer-nerd-scientist-working-vintage-mainframe-computers-retro-technology-man-wearing-bow-t...jpg
    computer-nerd-scientist-working-vintage-mainframe-computers-retro-technology-man-wearing-bow-t...jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 93

jaklgreen

When a business has back-end systems from 1988, with a cute front-end website? Yup, this will happen over and over.
Disney HAS no IT. Until they do? Expect crashing, print EVERYTHING, and have it with you :(.
They have an IT, it is just "off shore" IT, as my husband's company likes to call them. You get what you pay for.

Chip Chipperson

The app hasn't worked on my Android phone in at least a week. I'm logged in, but can't view my resort or park pass reservations. I just keep getting error messages. Very frustrating.

NelleBelle

Hoping they it together by Thursday 12am (Hawaii time) so I can attempt to join the mayhem of purchasing an AP 🙄 Hoping this outage is in prep for that but knowing disney IT, it'll just make it worse 🤦‍♀️

IanDLBZF

Apparently there was AWS Outage too, as per the Associated Press.

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

I'm not having an issue with MDE but I am having an issue with their gift cards. Cards can be added to the gift card site, but balances can't be transferred between cards and I can't use any gift cards to purchase tickets to Epcot After Hours or MNSSHP. Their site recognizes the balance on the gift cards but then says there's an issue processing it. Very frustrating - especially because the cards are e-cards so I can't just swipe them to buy things when I arrive if they haven't fixed these issues by then.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Related: It looks like Disney IT is putting in place measures to cut off third-party access to booking VQs and G+.

A side result is that standby wait times are now broken in MDE in production.

As @lentesta mentioned above, wait times in My Disney Experience have not been available this morning.

Disney has now added this message in My Disney Experience.

IMG_5058.jpeg

lentesta

Premium Member
As @lentesta mentioned above, wait times in My Disney Experience have not been available this morning.

Disney has now added this message in My Disney Experience.

View attachment 726600

We're in hour 7 of this outage.

At my old job, we would've been required by now to roll back this change from production. I'm interested in seeing how long Disney's going to let this impact guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom