News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

I definitely think there will be changes, and maybe they'll be significant enough for people to consider it a new show? I find that hard to believe, though, with the limited time frame.

It won't be identical to the HEA that existed before, but I think it'll be close enough to consider it an updated show and not a new one, even if they rename it.
My guess is we for sure get HEA as we knew it (with possibly new projections, pyro, lighting, etc). until Out There. After that, I think we could see significant changes until Go The Distance. I also would not be surprised to see that scene get completely new projections and Wish Upon A Star as the new song. I do think there will be significant changes like that.

ToTBellHop

My guess is we for sure get HEA as we knew it (with possibly new projections, pyro, lighting, etc). until Out There. After that, I think we could see significant changes until Go The Distance. I also would not be surprised to see that scene get completely new projections and Wish Upon A Star as the new song. I do think there will be significant changes like that.
Probably not far off, and after 6 years (even if it didn’t play for that full interval), probably time. Let’s hope they don’t ruin the flow of the show. Has to be better than DE!

Disney Glimpses

Any section between clean breaks is at risk for change, I think (I can't see them integrating new songs into existing score). The At Risk sections are what I think may see significant changes. The rest, I believe will remain as is (with possible updates to projections and effects):

Happily Ever After

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Down in New Orleans (Prologue)
Wish Upon A Star (Riff)
Part Of Your World
Out There

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Touch The Sky (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

How Far I'll Go (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Friend Like Me
Trashin' The Camp
Hakuna Matata
You've Got A Friend In Me
Bare Necessities
Friend Like Me
That's What Friends Are For
Friend Like Me

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Love Is An Open Door
You'll Be In My Heart
I See The Light

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Villains Section (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Go The Distance (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Happily Ever After

jrhwdw

Any section between clean breaks is at risk for change, I think (I can't see them integrating new songs into existing score). The At Risk sections are what I think may see significant changes. The rest, I believe will remain as is (with possible updates to projections and effects):

Happily Ever After

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Wish Upon A Star (Riff)
Part Of Your World
Out There

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Touch The Sky (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Friend Like Me
Trashin' The Camp
Hakuna Matata
Bare Necessities
Friend Like Me
Friend Like Me

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Love Is An Open Door
You'll Be In My Heart
I See The Light

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Happily Ever After
No Break after the first HEA Right'? It slows down, we see the Shooting Star and then we see Tiana. There's no Dead space or silence in there I believe.

Disney Glimpses

No Break after the first HEA Right'? It slows down, we see the Shooting Star and then we see Tiana. There's no Dead space or silence in there I believe.
There's a break. They could easily transition to another song (whereas the other sections are an integrated score). If that makes sense.

Happily Ever After

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Wish Upon A Star (Riff)
Part Of Your World
Out There

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Touch The Sky (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Friend Like Me
Trashin' The Camp
Hakuna Matata
Bare Necessities
Friend Like Me
Friend Like Me

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Love Is An Open Door
You'll Be In My Heart
I See The Light

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Happily Ever After

I do agree with this possible strategy they will take, but perhaps I'm thinking more subtle updates in the "Friend like me" section and also the "Some people are worth melting for" sections ... I think they will keep at least half of the existing visuals, but switch up the other 50% with newer characters.

If Josh was on stage today MULTIPLE times literally referencing the lyrics of the HEA song, I really don't think A LOT will be changing. And lastly, I can't see them completely removing the Go the Distance pre-finale ... IDK maybe new characters appear on the castle along with the gold plating, but come on. That entire sequence is absolutely incredible and would be a shame if they removed it completely.

Disney Glimpses

I do agree with this possible strategy they will take, but perhaps I'm thinking more subtle updates in the "Friend like me" section and also the "Some people are worth melting for" sections ... I think they will keep at least half of the existing visuals, but switch up the other 50% with newer characters.

If Josh was on stage today MULTIPLE times literally referencing the lyrics of the HEA song, I really don't think A LOT will be changing. And lastly, I can't see them completely removing the Go the Distance pre-finale ... IDK maybe new characters appear on the castle along with the gold plating, but come on. That entire sequence is absolutely incredible and would be a shame if they removed it completely.
The friend like me section is pretty long and very popular. Would be expensive to replace. I agree the olaf scene is potentially at risk but I just don't see it (I think they have enough to work with between villains and Go The Distance along with the first 2 singleton songs).

I don't think the scene will be replaced. I think the stained glass scene stays with updates and the song could be replaced with a really epic version of Wish Upon A Star as a homage to the new film (Disney+) and Disney100.

Last edited:
The friend like me section is pretty long and very popular. Would be expensive to replace. I agree the olaf scene is potentially at risk but I just don't see it (I think they have enough to work with between villains and Go The Distance along with the first 2 singleton songs).

Well, I'm fine with them updating the first 2 singleton sections and the villain's section ... I should prepare to see my beloved Pirates section be removed now I guess.

I guess I'll be happy if they keep:
  1. Full intro including the entire ~30 minute slow progression of the projections on the castle that makes it look like the Disney movie intros castle colors and bring back the pre-show music too
  2. Complete full section ending with Out There
  3. Complete Olaf section - wouldn't be mad if they actually increased this section, but still ended with I See The Light
  4. Keep the general structure and music for the Go The Distance pre-finale
  5. Keep the exact build up to Tink flying and post flight music, pyro and projections
Is that asking for too much? lol

MTBaymax

Happily Ever After

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Wish Upon A Star (Riff)
Part Of Your World
Out There

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Touch The Sky (At Risk)

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Friend Like Me
Trashin' The Camp
Hakuna Matata
Bare Necessities
Friend Like Me
Friend Like Me

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Love Is An Open Door
You'll Be In My Heart
I See The Light

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

-- CLEAN BREAK --

Happily Ever After
One of the main reasons for HEA’s success is because all of these songs are grouped in thematic chapters, chronicling the “Hero’s Journey” (an approach the same creative team took in Momentous, with the story of a “Disney life”). If changing content is imminent, it has to be done carefully and not with reckless abandon - not shoving characters or songs in because they can.

ToTBellHop

One of the main reasons for HEA’s success is because all of these songs are grouped in thematic chapters, chronicling the “Hero’s Journey” (an approach the same creative team took in Momentous, with the story of a “Disney life”). If changing content is imminent, it has to be done carefully and not with reckless abandon - not shoving characters or songs in because they can.
The plan is to keep those chapters. Most at risk for full removal and replacement is the villain segment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a breakdown of HEA...

Hunchback's "Out There" is the most ripe for the picking to be replaced by....
Out There can be cut and replaced with Waiting for a Miracle. Would need a little editing to make it from this cued up place to the end to fit. Plus, it brings its own fireworks!

As popular as "Bruno" is from Encanto, it won't work for HEA. They should start to think about adding it to the Halloween show. So, you need something else from Encanto, recognizing how popular it is (on the level of Moana and Frozen).

And if Harmonious is going to stop using "Into the Unknown," it can replace "Touch the Sky".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom