News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

jrhwdw

If that song they debuted for Disneyland's new fireworks show says anything, it tells me the right team to course correct nighttime entertainment has yet to be assembled.
IDK....Sounds much better than Mix Magic......

Compared to MK....IDK...........

Speaking of Music, who did the Theme for Believe, TDS' new Night Show? Been watching the testing Videos, the Theme is pretty good!

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

DE hasn't really cut Pyro. People just don't like the content.
Why wouldn’t they bring HEA back then? I’m just trying to figure it out from a business perspective. Makes no sense to spend money creating a new show when people are begging you to bring back one you already have.

jrhwdw

Why wouldn’t they bring HEA back then? I’m just trying to figure it out from a business perspective. Makes no sense to spend money creating a new show when people are begging you to bring back one you already have.
I'll admit, MK making a new show and just throwing HEA's theme in there was not what we were expecting...

TDO should clarify if everyone screaming HEA is back was not their intent....

Steve can you share anything about this????? You sounded excited about Epcot! Same for MK or should we be worried.?????

UNCgolf

Interesting take........:

That contradicts everything Disney has said publicly via Twitter and the Disney Parks Blog, as well as what insiders have suggested.

To be fair, Disney has not specifically said an updated version of HEA is coming back, but they've repeatedly used the language "updated" and "returns" with regards to the MK entertainment. With the EPCOT show, they specifically called it an all-new show, which they did not do for the MK.

I would bet heavily that a modified version of Happily Ever After is returning, albeit not the exact same show as before.

mattpeto

That contradicts everything Disney has said publicly via Twitter and the Disney Parks Blog, as well as what insiders have suggested.

To be fair, Disney has not specifically said an updated version of HEA is coming back, but they've repeatedly used the language "updated" and "returns" with regards to the MK entertainment. With the EPCOT show, they specifically called it an all-new show, which they did not do for the MK.

I would bet heavily that a modified version of Happily Ever After is returning, albeit not the exact same show as before.
Yup

+Encanto
-drop a scene
+Main street projections

Maybe change out one cover or two…

That’s what I’m expecting.

UNCgolf

I believe he is incorrect but can be forgiven. The wording was sloppy af.

Yeah, I think Josh D'Amaro either misspoke or the script was bad. Every other official Disney release has said an updated nighttime spectacular is returning -- so unless they're bringing back Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky and adding the HEA song to it, it's probably Happily Ever After.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I think Josh D'Amaro either misspoke or the script was bad. Every other official Disney release has said an updated nighttime spectacular is returning -- so unless they're bringing back Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky and adding the HEA song to it, it's probably Happily Ever After.
For one, they literally can’t make an entirely new show in 6 months. Even the dumpster fire that is DE took more than twice that.

Update some of the visuals and a scene or 2 in a previously-programmed show? Sure. Now, it someone wants to say an updated HEA is a “new” show, then that’s fair.

They already updated it to work with some of the castle decorations if they take time to come down…

Disney Glimpses

I really do think this is a display of classic Disney overthinking.

I think they are trying to navigate a few things:

1 - not admitting DE was a failure
2 - not simply bringing back an old show to replace a brand new one
3 - not calling it a distinctly returning show when it really is actually going to be somewhat of a new show (how different is to be seen)
4 - the name may even change
5 - there may even be contractural issues with Angie Keilhauer that it may need to be re-recorded without her (speculation)

So they are left in this place where they are bringing back HEA but not really but want to make sure people know that even though it's not really HEA returning as we knew it the song will still be there. They totally bungled this messaging but all in all, I think it will be okay.

I do not believe it is a 100th Anniversary show. I do think there will be significant changes though to some scenes (even major scenes possibly) including projections. But at the end of the day, we'll hear Happily Ever After. I'm personally excited.

UNCgolf

I really do think this is a display of classic Disney overthinking.

I think they are trying to navigate a few things:

1 - not admitting DE was a failure
2 - not simply bringing back an old show to replace a brand new one
3 - not calling it a distinctly returning show when it really is actually going to be somewhat of a new show (how different is to be seen)
4 - the name may even change
5 - there may even be contractural issues with Angie Keilhauer that it may need to be re-recorded without her (speculation)

So they are left in this place where they are bringing back HEA but not really but want to make sure people know that even though it's not really HEA returning as we knew it the song will still be there. They totally bungled this messaging but all in all, I think it will be okay.

I do not believe it is a 100th Anniversary show. I do think there will be significant changes though to some scenes (even major scenes possibly) including projections. But at the end of the day, we'll hear Happily Ever After. I'm personally excited.

I definitely think there will be changes, and maybe they'll be significant enough for people to consider it a new show? I find that hard to believe, though, with the limited time frame.

It won't be identical to the HEA that existed before, but I think it'll be close enough to consider it an updated show and not a new one, even if they rename it.

ToTBellHop

I definitely think there will be changes, and maybe they'll be significant enough for people to consider it a new show? I find that hard to believe, though, with the limited time frame.

It won't be identical to the HEA that existed before, but I think it'll be close enough to consider it an updated show and not a new one, even if they rename it.
The only way this company renames is with colons.

Get ready for Happily Ever After: The Afterbirth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom