News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

SNS

I think it is more likely that we lose TSI and they shorten the riverboat route. Perhaps they could build a cool replacement for TSI in the expansion?

Another reason why we might lose TSI. Is TSI even that popular with the general tourist?

Epcot82Guy

I can't believe I'm saying this... if they MUST do this using these IPs in MK...

1. Rework Frontierland into Orleans Square or a more bayou critter country.
2. Have BTMRR be the entry to the new Frontierland, which extends up and beyond. Feature Coco there if needed. (Not great, but less of a stretch for the American west and Mexico.)
3. Allow Encanto to revive interest in either Swiss Family or Tom Sawyer's Island.

CoasterSnoop

I think the Encanto + Coco idea is pretty smart, mainly if they represent their own land.

Frontierland is meant to be the American frontier, so expanding southward to Mexico then further to Colombia could create a reasonable transition. At the same time, these are films that lean heavily on fantasy to bring parts of culture to life.

So, if this potential new land connects to Frontierland to Fantasyland like many are speculating, it works surprisingly well thematically as a connection between new horizons and folklore.

If Villains winds up happening too that only further helps with the transition to fantasy.

James Alucobond

Encanto in Frontierland.

Why don't we just stick an Aladdin ride in Tomorrowland while we're at it?
I mean, I don't think they mean for it to be in Frontierland, do they? I assume the plaza is supposed to play a transitional role as something that could be interpreted as either the American southwest or northern Mexico, which then passes deeper into Mexico and South America. How they would connect it to a villain area is the bigger question mark for me, though.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
That is definitely the path of least resistance, it would need a draw bridge over the canal and a way to handle the maintenance spur for Big Thunder, but otherwise not much in the way. I land this size would definitely need a second entrance.
When DL added SW: GE, did they change the river at all?

ToTBellHop

I mean, I don't think they mean for it to be in Frontierland, do they? I assume the plaza is supposed to play a transitional role as something that could be interpreted as either the American southwest or northern Mexico, which then passes deeper into Mexico and South America. How they would connect it to a villain area is the bigger question mark for me, though.
I was told it would have a creepy porthole of sorts.

fgmnt

I can't believe I'm saying this... if they MUST do this using these IPs in MK...

1. Rework Frontierland into Orleans Square or a more bayou critter country.
2. Have BTMRR be the entry to the new Frontierland, which extends up and beyond. Feature Coco there if needed. (Not great, but less of a stretch for the American west and Mexico.)
3. Allow Encanto to revive interest in either Swiss Family or Tom Sawyer's Island.

I view Fantasyland as three separate lands that happen to be called one thing: Fantasyland Castle Grounds, which consists of all of the spaces of pre-2000 attractions except Mad Tea Party, Fantasy Forest, which was the primary expansion of NFL, Winnie the Pooh, and Mad Tea Party, and of course, Storybook Circus. The idea of a Fantasy Valley, a cousin of Fantasy Forest or Fantasy Springs, would be able to bridge you from a walk through the American Southwest of Frontierland into Oaxaca, which then feeds into Colombia, and then into a German Black Forest. It is absolutely possible to create a space that is evocative of the original lands of the castle parks and not something that is a siloed experience like Galaxy's Edge in DL.

I also think it's possible to re-establish RoA and WDWRR to mirror what exists in Anaheim. I don't think it will happen, but it's definitely something they can do.

I just keep going back to it being really difficult to feign genuine enthusiasm when there is nothing to go off of than a piece of art and vibes.

fgmnt

When DL added SW: GE, did they change the river at all?
Yes, about a third of their RoA was truncated. It's one of those things that you would have to have a keen eye and understanding of the original intent of the attraction to see any weaknesses to the change.

In its old configuration, the boat could disappear from guest line of sight on the pavement. Not so easy now. I have not been back to see it for myself but I think it is always visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom