News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

SNS

I guess it goes without saying that we would get the song We don't talk about Bruno for a scene if it is a ride.

DCLcruiser

Some Villainsland ideas:

• Hades' HELLenic Bar & Grill
  • Maleficent Dragon Coaster (indoor, maybe a mountain)
  • Cruella Couture: Fashion to Die For
  • Cave of Wonders: Featuring Jafar & Iago (trackless, or simulator, or something indoor ride...or is this just a gift shop?)
  • Escape Neverland (indoor boat ride w/ drop)
  • Ursula spinner
  • Descendant's stage show

Last edited:

SNS

Why not just build Mystic Manor. Why does everything have to be tied to an existing cartoon or movie?

Rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder and parks like EPCOT and Animal Kingdom could NEVER happen in the current culture

Can they clone Mystic Manor? Anyway, even if they can I think they would likely retheme it to Encanto instead...

James Alucobond

Why not just build Mystic Manor. Why does everything have to be tied to an existing cartoon or movie?

Rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder and parks like EPCOT and Animal Kingdom could NEVER happen in the current culture
Mystic Manor is the Haunted Mansion for a different audience. Personally, I’d rather avoid repeating the problem of TRON where it sits directly beside the ride it is supposed to imitate, so I wouldn’t mind an Encanto re-envisioning in that case.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's not realistic to believe that current Disney management would green light a significant project without an IP tie in. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

DCLcruiser

It's not realistic to believe that current Disney management would green light a significant project without an IP tie in. Like it or not, that's the way it is.
IP is their massive focus group. Why spend a billion on an unknown vs a known? I'm not saying it wasn't great in the past, but I get the current state of The Parks.

James Alucobond

anyone else think its a little low key racist that they’re just throwing Coco and Encanto together in the back of Magic Kingdom even though thematically & geographically coco and encanto are super different?
More than anything, it's just puzzling. Why shove these in between Frontierland and a villain area when the villains have enough source material to fill a land completely on their own, and Coco and Encanto would both have very clear value to the World Showcase?

CaptainAmerica

This is a big point I make to people. MK was designed 50 years ago and without consideration to todays crowds on Main Street. Im pushing a double stroller atm, so we watch fireworks, but from afar. I’m really hoping Pirates and Pals come back.

I hate Main Street at fireworks time, even if I didn’t have a stroller. I recently stumbled upon an abandoned area of the park at fireworks time with a great view of fireworks, if you don’t care about seeing them over the castle. Turns out that my kids don’t care. They just love the fireworks.
Yep that's exactly what I say to people who want the nighttime parade back. Heck no, not until they fix park egress.

ToTBellHop

More than anything, it's just puzzling. Why shove these in between Frontierland and a villain area when the villains have enough source material to fill a land completely on their own, and Coco and Encanto would both have very clear value to the World Showcase?
I’d send Coco to Epcot, Encanto to DHS, and build the villain land at MK. Spread the love a bit.

DCLcruiser

EPCOT could work, but not for Encanto. I think both fit perfectly for Fastasyland. Even Fantasyland characters/worlds are based on real places/peoples.

SNS

The issue is there’s not much space between the HM and IASW show buildings.

Maybe he meant to create a path to the new section. It would still be odd to do that but I guess they can cover up the show buildings with something. Small World would lose some of its parking though.

ToTBellHop

Maybe he meant to create a path to the new section. It would still be odd to do that but I guess they can cover up the show buildings with something. Small World would lose some of its parking though.
It would be a narrow alley but possible. And perhaps they will use the Splash closure as an opportunity to set up the eventual connector to this pad. I imagine it can be set up east of the restrooms.

Turtle

One is in Mexico, the other in Colombia. The lands are not one, they are near each other. They are separate themes.

Do you not appreciate hispanic culture being represented in both films? I would think families do. I could be very wrong.
I appreciate the cultures being represented in those films. I appreciate and welcome Coco coming to Frontierland.

I think having Encanto behind Big Thunder, as opposed to being in Adventureland or Fantasyland, is a questionable decision. Encanto in MK could be great, it's where the concept art places it in the park that isn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom