News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

WorldExplorer

I say turn it into an ice cream bar with different flavors from around the world.

As much as my first reaction was "YES", Italy and France, with their own ice cream stores, would probably have an issue with that.

Beaches and Cream might, too, not sure how often people venture out of Epcot to eat there.

Edit: And that thing across the water that isn't Ample Hills and will never fill the void.

mightynine

I am hoping that at bare minimum, we'll hear something at D23 about Odyssey getting a special exhibit installed for EPCOT's 40th.
I hear tell of an in-depth retrospective of Spaceship Earth via special cupcake. Just imagine the icing details! And Skittles to represent the Beacon of Magic, thanks to a candy activation from the Wrigley Company, a division of Mars, Inc., proud partner of the Walt Disney Company, Inc.’s division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products!

My goodness, I get tingly just thinking about it. Though that may be low blood sugar.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hear tell of an in-depth retrospective of Spaceship Earth via special cupcake. Just imagine the icing details! And Skittles to represent the Beacon of Magic, thanks to a candy activation from the Wrigley Company, a division of Mars, Inc., proud partner of the Walt Disney Company, Inc.’s division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products!

My goodness, I get tingly just thinking about it. Though that may be low blood sugar.
Don’t forget M&M’s, another candy activation and a chance at additional diversity/inclusion/synergy/merchandise sales.

NiarrNDisney

With the crazy overcrowding at Connections Cafe and Eatery, Odyssey needs to become a full time restaurant to add some much needed capacity.
Totally agree! To add it would also be nice to see a breakfast option and not just a coffee spot where you can pickup a Danish and a coffee. Many people are trying to rope drop to get to two very popular rides on this side of the park (3 if you account for Test Track) so more B-fast options would help those skipping the resort restaurants to book it to the front of the line.

UNCgolf

I've always thought it was very strange that there are so few breakfast offerings at EPCOT for a park that has the most dining available.

You can do character meals at the Land or Norway, and you can grab pastries in France (or a crepe now, I suppose, but they don't have a separate breakfast menu), and I think the Land also has some QS breakfast. That's it, as far as I know.

They don't even serve breakfast at the new Connections. I suppose that's because they think people can just go to the Starbucks for breakfast, but Starbucks "food" is basically inedible. It's worse than theme park food.

Last edited:

drizgirl

I've always thought it was very strange that there are so few breakfast offerings at EPCOT for a park that has the most dining available.

You can do character meals at the Land or Norway, and you can grab pastries in France (or a crepe now, I suppose, but I think they serve the same menu as lunch), and I think the Land also has some QS breakfast. That's it, as far as I know.

They don't even have a breakfast menu at the new Connections. I suppose that's because they think people can just go to the Starbucks for breakfast there, but Starbucks "food" is basically inedible. It's worse than any theme park food.
No character meals in Norway yet. And is Garden Grill even open for breakfast yet?

Bocabear

We used to go there for breakfast when it was Cat Cora's restaurant... We went to the food court at the Pop Century one morning and after about 1 minute we all left and ran to the car to drive over to the boardwalk...The noise and chaos of that place was unbelievable...
The Boardwalk was quiet and lovely... Never stayed at the Pop resorts again after that.

bhg469

All this trash talking.... :)

But I did enjoy the wings and brews. It's a decent serving of wings for only $7.50. Tonight it even has had live entertainment. A two piece band on the stage. I wonder how long it's been since the Odyssey stage has any live entertainment on it?
I have to interject here... The wings at the odyssey are borderline inedible.. I feel like they're at least 25% latex... As a buffalo native and a cook at a bar for several years of my life these wings are absolutely trash..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have to interject here... The wings at the odyssey are borderline inedible.. I feel like they're at least 25% latex... As a buffalo native and a cook at a bar for several years of my life these wings are absolutely trash..
Wait…what aren’t you at the super bowl parade? I thought it was today? 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom