MagicBand+ coming to Disney Cruise Line?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"It is likely that the original MagicBand will not be supported, and the Cruise Line will only operate with MagicBand+."

That is the dumbest possible way they could do this. A wearable room key makes so much sense on a cruise ship, where you're doing lots of water-based activities and don't want to carry your phone or wallet all the time.

pdude81

I just hope it'll at least work with MB+ from WDW and not make us buy and register some separate device for the cruise. Also I'd definitely rather an MB2 for comfort on a cruise, but they don't see interested in redesigning the puck with a simple clip recharger for that

todd23

"It is likely that the original MagicBand will not be supported, and the Cruise Line will only operate with MagicBand+."

That is the dumbest possible way they could do this. A wearable room key makes so much sense on a cruise ship, where you're doing lots of water-based activities and don't want to carry your phone or wallet all the time.
Your sentences seem to conflict each other?

DCLcruiser

If they add door key (maybe they have?) to my Apple Watch, then it's basically a MB on me all the time. Either way, get rid of the card, so I don't have to worry about my stuff when I'm in the pool.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Disney has dropped a Wish MB+ available for WDW pre-arrival. While it's not indicative that it will necessarily make its way to DCL, I haven't been able to find anything about previous MBs with DCL branding, outside of DCL oceaneer bands for kids. And if MB+ is activated anywhere first the Wish, built with newer technology, seems like the safest bet.

Screenshot_20221003_135906.jpg

aaronml

This shows up now when you purchase a pre-arrival MB for WDW.

It would seemingly confirm that the MB+ is coming to DCL, though branded apparently as “DisneyBand+”?

Personally I think the originally rumored “WaveBand” name would make more sense, as would just calling it MB+. The use of a different name might imply a lack of compatibility between normal MB+ and DCL but I suppose we’ll see what happens there.

1E33B82F-BE25-4357-9A60-C5A81D8FB5DE.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom