News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

MagicHappens1971

You're right, Disneyland doesn't have any dance parties or character greetings.

Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it isn't an attraction.
Everyone of these forums loves to take everything out of context. I don’t not like character greetings, or dance parties. I have waited in hour(s) long lines to meet the dwarves, Jack & Sally, etc. What I do hate is Dinoland & this horrific “enhancement” to the land

brb1006

Yeah that's definitely false.
He's not wrong, Donald Duck alongside Scrooge Mcduck are very popular in Europe. Mainly since Carl Barks' Scrooge and Donald comics are dearly beloved over there. Especially Germany, Belgium, Finland, and Sweden. To the point Germans associate Donald Duck with Disney over Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
He's not wrong, Donald Duck alongside Scrooge Mcduck are very popular in Europe. Mainly since Carl Barks' Scrooge and Donald comics are dearly beloved over there. Especially Germany, Belgium, Finland, and Sweden. To the point Germans associate Donald Duck with Disney over Mickey Mouse.
Is this that thing where British people pretend like Great Britain isn't part of Europe? "I say dear boy, the duck is jolly popular over on The Continent."

Piebald

I just saw a video of the flotilla and noticed Scrooge had some new...uh...grooming. for some reason at AK Scrooge never had his prominent facial feathers the way he appears in all the other parks and actually had asymmetrical eyes. It looks like he looks normal now.

Before
SmartSelect_20220906_135650_Instagram.jpg

After
SmartSelect_20220906_135814_Instagram.jpg

It's hard to tell here but easier if you saw the whole video. Based on my experience working at Disney I wonder if there were 2 heads and one is no longer any good at the park and they have to just throw them on the flotilla...🧐

pdude81

I just saw a video of the flotilla and noticed Scrooge had some new...uh...grooming. for some reason at AK Scrooge never had his prominent facial feathers the way he appears in all the other parks and actually had asymmetrical eyes. It looks like he looks normal now.

Before View attachment 664988
After
View attachment 664989

It's hard to tell here but easier if you saw the whole video. Based on my experience working at Disney I wonder if there were 2 heads and one is no longer any good at the park and they have to just throw them on the flotilla...🧐
It looks like the retrofitted a Daisy head with a top hat.

Thumper 32

Budget cuts strike again.
I know you’re trying to be clever, but you do realize that this almost certainly aligns with the end of the Pixar motorcade, right? The drummers are just shifting over here, the characters switch to meet and greet as previously announced, and the entire motorcade infrastructure (cars, drivers, crowd control, etc) all goes away.

Might be a wash, might be a slight savings, who knows. But don’t act like this is some altruistic add-back here.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I know you’re trying to be clever, but you do realize that this almost certainly aligns with the end of the Pixar motorcade, right? The drummers are just shifting over here, the characters switch to meet and greet as previously announced, and the entire motorcade infrastructure (cars, drivers, crowd control, etc) all goes away.

Might be a wash, might be a slight savings, who knows. But don’t act like this is some altruistic add-back here.
There's no such thing as "altruism".

It's business, mate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom