Connections Cafe and Eatery

Cmdr_Crimson

I just looked at the menu and now get it. What connects the world is our shared, cross-border and cross-cultural love for hamburgers, fries, and pizzas. Nobel worthy, IMHO.
Soo, it's pretty much what EU sold previously..
Electric-Umbrella-Restaurant_Full_6947.jpg

castlecake2.0

This location is really struggling with staffing, a more streamlined menu is one way to keep up efficiency. Though I find it bizarre the chicken sandwich doesn’t come with the sauce anymore, unless guests were complaining they didn’t like it?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Where is the improvement? The debut menu was pretty good, now, as someone posted earlier, its not far off from what electric umbrella had..
Guys, there are so many things you can be critical about Disney, and yet you choose to bash them improving both a restaurant and its menu?

Note that the EU menu that was posted was old - You weren't getting a burger for $8.99 in 2019. And that bacon double cheeseburger definitely wasn't there the last time I ate there, which was likely early 2019.

The chicken sandwich is the only non-pizza item I'd want to try. People can claim "the menu is improved!!!" all they want, but putting a bunch of junk on a burger doesn't necessarily make it better. You know what can improve a burger? Bacon. And brisket. And BBQ pork. :)

Bocabear

The EU was probably the worst place on property I ever ate at... the standard gristle burger, but dry, luke-warm and cold grease-blanched fries...all on a child's dessert-sized paper plate. Horrible food, presentation, and atmosphere. Connections is certainly better, but I am sad to see they are dumbing down the menu already.

Centauri Space Station

Where is the improvement? The debut menu was pretty good, now, as someone posted earlier, its not far off from what electric umbrella had..
It still has 3 different burgers compared to 1, 2 unique salads, and 4 kinds of pizza plus waffles and a chicken sandwich.
If majority of people ordering are requesting "no sauce" or not ordering certain items, the place is always crowded with long lines, not enough staffing as mentioned above - I can see why they pared down the menu to improve efficiency.

I don't like it, but won't fault them.

Again, I fault the boring palates of the American public. :D
I read somewhere the sauce is now in the condiment area on the side so you can add as much as you want, no idea if it’s true or not.

Ponderer

If majority of people ordering are requesting "no sauce" or not ordering certain items, the place is always crowded with long lines, not enough staffing as mentioned above - I can see why they pared down the menu to improve efficiency.

I don't like it, but won't fault them.

Again, I fault the boring palates of the American public. :D

Yeah, it’s kind of astonishing that they try in the first place. All my first jobs were in food service, and you’ll never go broke underestimating the American food palate, especially in a high turnover spot. It’s kind of a miracle to me that Satu’li Canteen maintained both its selection and quality AND seems to have picked up a serious following.

GladToBeHear

Yeah, it’s kind of astonishing that they try in the first place. All my first jobs were in food service, and you’ll never go broke underestimating the American food palate, especially in a high turnover spot. It’s kind of a miracle to me that Satu’li Canteen maintained both its selection and quality AND seems to have picked up a serious following.
Satu'li is probably my kids' favorite quick-serve on property. Along with DB7.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom