Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is bigger than I expected. I thought it was just a hall way.

JII jumping fountains confirmed.

ui3hrby1t83yrg8t79131a4.jpg
It feels like it exists somewhere in the intersection of Swiss Family Treehouse, Discovery Island Trails, and Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It feels like it exists somewhere in the intersection of Swiss Family Treehouse, Discovery Island Trails, and Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station.
Come to think of it.... Man, another Epcot ride in the wrong park.

Guardians - Hollywood Studios
Frozen - Magic Kingdom, "New Fantasyland"
Moana - Magic Kingdom, Adventureland/Aladdin Replacement

SplashJacket

Their game plan for the last 10+ years has been stretching things in order to appease the fans. Peter Quill visited Epcot as kid.
I’ve always found that to be humorous rather than a theming justification.

Original Epcot was in its simplest form a showcase of the newest tech companies had to offer alongside the cultural wonders countries had to offer.

Xandar showcasing its tech does not run against that original concept.

DCLcruiser

Come to think of it.... Man, another Epcot ride in the wrong park.

Guardians - Hollywood Studios
Frozen - Magic Kingdom, "New Fantasyland"
Moana - Magic Kingdom, Adventureland/Aladdin Replacement
Guardians - Agree
Frozen - Agree (unless they did an actual Norway ride w/ Elsa/Anna)
Moana - I think JoW is properly in EPCOT as edutainment. Moana and Maui, could easily have a water ride at MK or Typhoon Lagoon.
I think Moana was/is worthy of an Adventureland E on the scale of Indiana Jones, but with water.
Yes, 100%. Your clothes are soaked just before your dining reservation...YOU'RE WELCOME!

UNCgolf

I’ve always found that to be humorous rather than a theming justification.

Original Epcot was in its simplest form a showcase of the newest tech companies had to offer alongside the cultural wonders countries had to offer.

Xandar showcasing its tech does not run against that original concept.

It wouldn't, but the attraction isn't really about that at all, which is where it fails in execution.

J4546

Gotg is fine in epcot imo. Plus it's so huge where else would it go? If you out in in dhs you could use the nw quadrant for expansion and out it there butbthen that entire area would be just 1 ride

MrPromey

It wouldn't, but the attraction isn't really about that at all, which is where it fails in execution.
Not to mention the Xandar "tech", like Xandar itself, is all pretend where as the other tech Epcot used to showcase was not just for make believe.

Maybe that's a trivial point for some but the pretend X-S Tech went where it belonged, IMHO, where as this new logic would say the X-S Tech attractions would have made more sense in Epcot than MK and Disnequest where they went.

*I know there were issues with this in MK that in part resulted in the Stich overlay but pretend future tech seems more appropriate for a pretend future land to me, regardless.

Casper Gutman

If this area had lots of benches and other seating, I'd understand it. But it won't.

If this area had animals, I'd understand it. But it won't.

Heck, if this area had meet n' greets, I'd understand it. But it won't (at opening).

I just don't understand it. It seems like a queue in search of an attraction - and not a particularly memorable queue, at that. I can't shake the sense that it will be a ghost town in a year or two and seasonal/ permanently closed a year or so after that. What's the draw?

dreday3

If this area had lots of benches and other seating, I'd understand it. But it won't.

Heck, if this area had meet n' greets, I'd understand it. But it won't (at opening).

I just don't understand it. It seems like a queue in search of an attraction - and not a particularly memorable queue, at that. I can't shake the sense that it will be a ghost town in a year or two and seasonal/ permanently closed a year or so after that. What's the draw?

If it's just a walk-through (like Swiss Family Tree-House), I can't imagine people not walking through it all the time. It's just something else to do.
Absolutely don't think it will be a ghost town or seasonal.

Now will effects always work? That will be the question.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

It is a walk-through attraction with a few interactive elements but mostly you're likely to just be looking at stuff. It is not a new concept.

Casper Gutman

If it's just a walk-through (like Swiss Family Tree-House), I can't imagine people not walking through it all the time. It's just something else to do.
Absolutely don't think it will be a ghost town or seasonal.

Now will effects always work? That will be the question.
Swiss Family is located right on the main path through the park, every guest passes it. That isn't true of Moana, which is off to the side of most guest paths. Additionally, Swiss has a clear gimmick - wandering through actual tree tops. I don't think Moana's gimmick - fountains - is anywhere near as unique or as much of a draw. Plus, Swiss is a key classic Disney attraction with a long history, although how much that counts for anything at this point is unclear.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom