What if you owned the Disney Parks?

jasminethecat

Unpopular opinion time! If I had all the money in the world and freedom to do what I want with the parks, specifically for WDW:

0. Free mini-deodorants in the hotels alongside the free mini-shampoos and bar soaps. Put outlandish claims on it like "it will make you taller" and write that in every known language in order to get people to use it.
1. Build quality staff housing and make it (highly) discounted with dormitory style and 1-3BR apartment options so adults with families might consider having one or both partners working at Disney. Child care options, sick time, maternity benefits, onsite medical clinics and pharmacies for CMs. Give all employees real living wages. Raise staffing levels across the parks, transportation services (bus drivers especially) and hotels to pre-covid levels. I think that people will work harder for a company that supports them. Cast members and performers are the heart of what differentiates disney parks, and you should have people fighting to work at WDW.
2. Ditch genie+. Find out exactly how many rooms WDW has (and is filling) and give onsite guests some number of free fast passes per day. No sign ups, just get in any line you feel like X times per day. Scan when you enter the queue to make sure you have at least one available, and again when you get on the ride. If you need to get out of line, scan on the way out of line to get it back. Deluxe get the most per day, moderate rooms get fewer passes, and value hotel rooms get at least a couple. Start off stingy and increase as space allows, but make standby lines move consistently. If everyone wants to wait in a single FP line or use passes on the same ride multiple times in a day, let them. Someone out there really wants to use theirs on seven dwarves mine train, and someone else just wants splash mountain. It will work itself out. Allow offsite guests to purchase some number of FP's per day if there is room for it but they can purchase no more per person than value resort guests receive for free.
3. Bring back one hour extra magic mornings and 1-2 evening hours in different parks for all onsite resort guests. Vary those hours to naturally encourage/discourage attendance.
4. Hire several overnight maintenance crews for ride maintenance, painting, carpentry, etc.. Hire some agile coaches and process improvement experts and figure out how to do more/any ride maintenance and cosmetic improvements during off hours.
5. Eliminate annual passes and emphasize onsite guest benefits.
6. On-site benefit: Free quick service meals or snacks as part of resort bookings to use in your hotel each day.
7. No hotel parking fees.
8. 5th gate.
9. Add a couple new countries at EPCOT each with a ride.

Brer Panther

What would I do if I owned the Disney Parks? I'd do a lot of things Chapek's Disney would never even CONSIDER doing, I can tell you that. But, to be more specific...

In General
- Get rid of Genie. Go back to the free FastPass.
- Bring back Disney's Magical Express, too.
- Better wages for cast members.

Magic Kingdom
- Open a new version of The Walt Disney Story somewhere on Main Street U.S.A.
- Refresh the Jungle Cruise. More gags, more animatronics, more special effects, less "durr hurr monkeys are funny".
- Use the remaining land in Adventureland between the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean for an Indiana Jones ride similar but not identical to Disneyland's.
- Refurbish Pirates of the Caribbean. Keep the movie elements, but switch the dialogue back to how it was before (so instead of the pirates looking for Jack Sparrow, they're looking for the town's treasure and don't know that Jack is sneaking around trying to find it first). Bring back the barker parrot, too.
- Cancel the Splash Mountain retheme. Instead, redecorate the queue to include information about how the characters got their start in African-American folklore. Hire storytellers to tell Brer Rabbit stories outside the attraction. As for the attraction itself, simply fix up any animatronics that need it.
- The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show.
- Use the land north of Tom Sawyer's Island for a small new land based on New Orleans, headlined by a Princess and the Frog dark ride and a Tiana's Place restaurant.
- Peter Pan's Flight also gets a refresh.
- Princess Fairytale Hall is replaced by a new dark ride. Possible themes include Robin Hood, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The garden where Merida does meet and greets becomes a designated meet and greet location for the princesses.
- Mickey's Philharmagic gets the same "randomized" technology that Star Tours uses. New segments include "Pink Elephants on Parade", "Shiny", and "I See the Light".
- Enchanted Tales With Belle is replaced by that animatronic Beauty and the Beast show pitched for Disneyland Paris.
- Little Mermaid desperately needs an overhaul.
- Add Disney characters to "it's a small world" - but make it subtle.
- Pete's Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus becomes a dark ride. Pete is the ringmaster of a circus featuring by obscure Disney characters like Humphrey the bear, Horace Horsecollar, the Three Little Pigs, Lambert the Sheepish Lion, and Salty the Seal.
- Tomorrowland Speedway is bulldozed. One half of the land is used for an Alice in Wonderland dark ride, the other half is used for a whimsical new dark ride for Tomorrowland called Mars Rover Racers, in which guests race Mars rovers around a planet filled with goofy aliens.
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is moved to Disney's Hollywood Studios . Maybe they could bring Timekeeper back?
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is refurbished, with more emphasis put on your actually being on an adventure with the "real" Buzz Lightyear that the toy is based on (as in, more Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Buzz, not Lightyear Buzz) as opposed to the size of a toy.
- Put something in the now-empty Stitch's Great Escape building. What, I don't know. Folks in the "Imagineer" section have come up with some neat ideas.
- New nighttime parade.

EPCOT
- Maybe go back to calling it "EPCOT Center"?
- Spaceship Earth refurbishment as planned, with new narration and the removal of that stupid screen-based finale.
- Instead of a Play Pavilion, the Wonders of Life space becomes an updated Horizons.
- Nemo and friends are out. The pavilion's name is The Living Seas again. The dark ride is now a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea-esque voyage to the bottom of the sea.
- Isn't there space between The Land and The Seas With Nemo and Friends for a new pavilion? Maybe something weather-related could go there.
- Bring back Dreamfinder. ImageWorks is upstairs again. Put something new in the Magic Eye Theater.
- Gran Fiesta Tour is overhauled. Now instead of a search for Donald, it's the Three Caballeros taking us around Mexico and informing us of its history. Shenanigans ensue.
- At least one new World Showcase pavilion. Don't care which country it's based on, I'm not picky.
- The existing World Showcase pavilions get some new rides, assuming there's room. Germany finally receives the Rhine River Cruise, Japan gets a Mount Fuji bobsled ride, Morocco gets a Peter Pan's Flight-esque dark ride where you ride a flying carpet over Morocco, things like that.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Okay, there's a LOT of wasted space in this park. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, the Frozen sing-along, the Mickey shorts theater, Commissary Lane, Walt Disney Presents, Star Wars Launch Bay, Disney Junior, the Incredibles "land" that was once PIXAR Place, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast Live can all get the axe. I'd even argue for getting rid of Mickey's Runaway Railway and putting an actual worthwhile Mickey Mouse dark ride in the Chinese Theater.
- Animation Courtyard is for all intents and purposes pointless now that The Magic of Disney Animation has been removed, so turn it into Monstropolis. Laugh Floor goes into the Voyage of the Little Mermaid building, Launch Bay is turned into a dark ride a la Tokyo's Ride and Go Seek, maybe Disney Junior becomes Harryhausen's?
- Grand Avenue becomes a Muppets-themed land. PizzeRizzo is replaced by a Muppets dark ride and Mama Melrose's becomes a Muppets-themed eatery. Maybe they could add a small flat ride too?
- More flat rides are added to Toy Story Land. If nothing else, it would boost capacity and add more for kids to do at the park.
- Beauty and the Beast Live is replaced by a new show.
- Walt Disney Presents and the Incredibles "land" become something. ANYTHING. Maybe Radiator Springs?

Disney's Animal Kingdom
- It's Tough to Be a Bug gets replaced by a new attraction that DOESN'T terrify children.
- Planet Watch gets the axe. The backstage/veterinarian stuff is still there, just hidden from guest view. The land is used for a new land - Australia, South America, Beastly Kingdomme, North America, what have you.
- Kali River Rapids can go. Open up that expansion pad and build more animal exhibits, a Jungle Book dark ride, what have you.
- The Yeti is finally fixed.
- Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama is bulldozed to make room for new rides based on prehistoric animals that are actually, y'know, good.
- If there's any room in the park for a new land or two, USE IT.

Chef Mickey

1. All pets, regardless of species, will be welcome anywhere on property as long as they are properly leashed.
2. The seating area of Country Bear Jamboree will be turned into a dining hall, and guests served pizza during the show. The show remains the same, but alternates from the traditional CBJ to Vacation to the Christmas show depending on season. The name of the attraction (now dining experience) will be changed to ShowBearz Pizza Place.
3. Chewbacca in Galaxy's Edge will wear a beret from now on. Not exactly sure why, and CM's must only shrug when confused guests ask about it.
4. To open up more space on the HOP stage allowing room for future presidents in future updates, odd numbered past presidents will be repositioned to sit aloft the shoulders of even numbered past presidents.
5. To help reduce crowd congestion, stopping and loitering in the MK hub area will be strictly prohibited. Taking pictures in front of the castle is still permitted as long as you keep in constant motion.
6. As the owner of DisneyParks, I expect to be referred to as "Your Majesty" anytime I am greeted on property.
7. All CMs are exempt from rule #6 since they do the real work.
8. All park guests are required to wear a shock collar at all times. That way, in the event another one of those family brawls/fights starts to commence for whatever reason, security can use remote control buttons to halt the feuding immediately.
The pet idea is terrible, but it seems a parody post anyway.

Smiley/OCD

Lastly, AK…Later hours for the park on a consistent basis…the KS may have to close earlier due to the animals but I think we’d be able to keep everything else open…YES, dinoland is history…but Dinosaur will get it’s overdue extensive referb and EVERY AA will work!! Dinoland will become a version of Beastly Kingdom and incorporate all the original plans.
Everest WILL have the Yeti fixed if I have to cut a hole in the mountain myself!
Kali will also get a major referb and lengthened with an extra major drop and maybe a new storyline.
Pandora will get another E ticket and a B or C…I will look into lengthening Na’vi River Journey…
I will also lengthen the train ride to Affection Section with a possible complete loop around the park. I love that train and would love to expand it.
All existing pads will be utilized to end the stigma that AK is a half day park. I would also like to expand Flame Tree BBQ into a table service as well as a QS.

Lastly, I don’t care what it costs or what it will take, but I’m getting Joe Rhode back as the creative leader/director of Disney World…I will conduct a nationwide search for the best numbers people to work WITH Joe, let him do what he was always great at and let the numbers people do their thing as well. Will the costs go up? ABSOLUTELY! Not only will prices go up, but quality of the parks will return to the way we know it should be. Once guests see the improvements made, it will be much more tolerable.
I’m sure there will be other improvements and guest input will be handled by a STAFF that won’t require a two hour wait to speak to a live CM…that’s it for now…

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
1. All pets, regardless of species, will be welcome anywhere on property as long as they are properly leashed.
2. The seating area of Country Bear Jamboree will be turned into a dining hall, and guests served pizza during the show. The show remains the same, but alternates from the traditional CBJ to Vacation to the Christmas show depending on season. The name of the attraction (now dining experience) will be changed to ShowBearz Pizza Place.
3. Chewbacca in Galaxy's Edge will wear a beret from now on. Not exactly sure why, and CM's must only shrug when confused guests ask about it.
4. To open up more space on the HOP stage allowing room for future presidents in future updates, odd numbered past presidents will be repositioned to sit aloft the shoulders of even numbered past presidents.
5. To help reduce crowd congestion, stopping and loitering in the MK hub area will be strictly prohibited. Taking pictures in front of the castle is still permitted as long as you keep in constant motion.
6. As the owner of DisneyParks, I expect to be referred to as "Your Majesty" anytime I am greeted on property.
8. All park guests are required to wear a shock collar at all times. That way, in the event another one of those family brawls/fights starts to commence for whatever reason, security can use remote control buttons to halt the feuding immediately.
Your Majesty,

#3 - you ought to be slapped for the Chewie beret thing... unless you're going to have him walking around the France pavilion instead. I'd be down with that. I'd love to see a 7+ft walking carpet strolling through France. You did say Galaxy's Edge though, so *SLAP*
#4 - I'm pretty sure 45's weight would crush 46 into a pile of crumpled bones and hair plugs. Not sure if that was intended, but just sayin'. Please no political response to this comment either way. Mine wasn't political. I was just insulting their weight and age/hairline, respectively. 😁 Not that 45's hair is any better.
#5 - Good luck enforcing this rule in front of the castle. I think you'll need hire about 100 loitering police, although combined with #8, I guess you could just monitor on video and zap people who don't comply... or zap 'em just for fun. Either way I'm good with it.
#6 - Thank you, Your Majesty, if only for gracing this thread with your presence... Your Excellentness.
#7 - I don't see why, but okay. Servants in any other kingdom don't get dispensation from calling their majesties "Your Majesty". Not sure why CMs do in your World... Your Majesty.
#8 - Maybe attached to the front of the zap collars, you put a small device to blow air in people's faces like they have for dogs. As a forewarning for anyone about to get zapped, a puff of air is blown in their face ONE SECOND before zapping. If they don't comply with Your Majesty's orders within that one second after the puff of air, ZAP!! I just think warning them before zapping would help protect you from ridiculous lawsuits.

Smiley/OCD

#1) The late, great poodle lady would be so happy…

Tomi-Rocket

First step…get rid of Chapek. And probably most any execs who cannot pass my How Much Do You Love Disney” test. And yes, it is extremely subjective but *I* own it! Next drop Genie+ like a hot potato and bring back FP. That’s just my starting point for now, lol. 😃

yaksplat

Raise gate prices
appropriate staffing levels
eliminate APs
eliminate fast passes, genie+, LL
Make quick service food at least as good as fast food
bring back hot cheese
eliminate all of the general crap merchandise and make attraction specific things again
ban all pets
ban scooters unless a notarized medical note is provided
lifetime, permanent bans for any fights
eliminate reservations more than a day out
bring back plastic straws
eliminate all DVC expansion
eliminate the need for a phone
extra hours for staying in resort hotels, by price (value gets an hour in MK today, Deluxe gets an hour in EP today etc...)
Never eliminate something without a replacement ready to go somewhere else.
expand the gondolas
Make sure Halloween festivities take place in the fall. Early to mid-august is just stupid.

MK:
keep splash
split up all stores on main street and make them unique
increase parades
eliminate the thunder mountain dead end.
Expand mine train to the full size
eliminate meet and greets
have characters walk around

EP:
overhaul spaceship earth
close and replace mission space and test track
remove china
Add brazil and greece
add mt fuji ride
expand the mexico boat ride
make a video for soarin' where the images don't bend (the leaning Eiffel tower)

AK:
Dump the dinoland theme
extend Kali to planned length
replace the worn out 3d glasses in pandora

HS:
Do something with toy story land (that area is dreadful)
Star wars - focus on the original 3
Make pizza edible (it's pizza. how hard is that?)

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

DHS is going to be very expensivefrom 2022 to 2051. DHS will some controversial under my watch. I did consider a Die Hard Attraction, but Bruce Willis is in no condition to do anything unless there is technology available.

1.) DHS gets 1 or 2 parking structures. Parking structures mean DHS gets the potential of getting expansion that goes into parking lot that isn't part of the parking structure. This is going to take a 3 to 5 years to complete.
2.) Beauty and Beast live on stage gets replaced by Princess and the Frog live on stage.
3.) Animation Courtyard gets turned into Pixar land. There would be buildings demolished. Monsters Inc. Door Coaster gets built that happens to have a shop when you exit the ride. 3D Incredibles dark ride gets built aka similar to similar to Adventures of Spiderman. Coco Dark ride. The final thing is Pixar theme table service restaurant that has Pixar characters.
4.) Echo Lake gets replaced by hero land. most building would be gone. Indiana Jones Stunt show located is going to be teared down.
5.) Hero Land gets Dead Pool simulator, Micro bot roller Coaster - Big Hero 6 attraction, 2 gift shops, and 2 eating places.
6.) Indiana Jones stunt show area has a part of it getting into into a walking that is going to connect to the old Parking lot section that is not going to part of a part structure.
7.) Villain land gets built in former Parking lot space.
8.) Villain Land gets the Great Villain ride, Bald Mountain- Log Flume Ride, and Hades Dark ride. Villain Meet and greet location, but the Villains don't show up the same time. 3 shops. 1 counter service, and 1 BBQ table service.

J4546

Id go hard with the 2 studios parks, they are the worst imo.

In FL, tear down all the buildings and backstage stuff in the NW quadrant including the animation courtyard building/star wars store (except for parking structure) and create a new massive expansion that has an entrance/exit between the TLM and DisneyJr Show buildings where the old animation building was and an entrance/exit looping back to Sunset. I would assume it would be a Marvel based expansion due to sheer popularity of the IP but I know there are contracts with Universal and stuff preventing Disney from using all the major characters, but I would want that sorted out and a massive Marvel land get built. Marvel deserve massive presence in one of the parks, and DHS should be it imo. It needs GE level investment and detail. 2 Major attractions, 2 smaller ones, as well as store and food.

in Paris, first off, redo the new Frozen land to include at least one more attraction, Im not a fan of small lands with 1 ride. Frozen land needs at least something like the cancelled sliding sleighs ride from HK. Then once that is sorted out, the next lakeside expansion would be IJ. IJ and the lost expeditions would come to DSP. An all new Jungle Cruise style boat ride, Temple of Forbidden Eye, Mine cart coaster, shops and food and for the final cherry, create a camp discovery style rope course but instead of a mountain make a massive ruinous temple that wraps around the massive showbuilding

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Question??? can we do something with Mission Space ???? Does anyone even go on this ride? I've been to EPCOT several times in my 59 years on this Earth and never never and I mean never... came close going on this attraction what a waste of Space
I like it.

Chef Mickey

Raise gate prices
appropriate staffing levels
eliminate APs
eliminate fast passes, genie+, LL
Make quick service food at least as good as fast food
bring back hot cheese
eliminate all of the general crap merchandise and make attraction specific things again
ban all pets
ban scooters unless a notarized medical note is provided
lifetime, permanent bans for any fights
eliminate reservations more than a day out
bring back plastic straws
eliminate all DVC expansion
eliminate the need for a phone
extra hours for staying in resort hotels, by price (value gets an hour in MK today, Deluxe gets an hour in EP today etc...)
Never eliminate something without a replacement ready to go somewhere else.
expand the gondolas
Make sure Halloween festivities take place in the fall. Early to mid-august is just stupid.

MK:
keep splash
split up all stores on main street and make them unique
increase parades
eliminate the thunder mountain dead end.
Expand mine train to the full size
eliminate meet and greets
have characters walk around

EP:
overhaul spaceship earth
close and replace mission space and test track
remove china
Add brazil and greece
add mt fuji ride
expand the mexico boat ride
make a video for soarin' where the images don't bend (the leaning Eiffel tower)

AK:
Dump the dinoland theme
extend Kali to planned length
replace the worn out 3d glasses in pandora

HS:
Do something with toy story land (that area is dreadful)
Star wars - focus on the original 3
Make pizza edible (it's pizza. how hard is that?)
I’d have to agree with many of those and the pizza IS terrible. It’s bc the cheese is low quality.

WorldExplorer

You know, I just realized that I didn't add something that I would've loved the most, aside from all the things already mentioned in this thread. I don't know how popular this would be to the general public, but they're my frickin' parks, so I'm gonna do it. 😁

Aside from HM being my favorite ride, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I've always loved Christmas too, but Halloween is #1 for me with all it's spooky, creepy, and fun elements. As someone else mentioned a short while ago, I'd use TSI and some of the land behind the HM to create a new land dedicated to Halloween and all things spooky; however, the HM would be the headliner for the area which you'd pass on your way in. I'd do away with the riverboat, but leave some of the river. I'd fill the back portion of the river connecting TSI with all that wasted real estate behind the mansion. I'd want this land to be geared a little more to the adults with 3 or 4 major rides in the area, including at least one more dark ride, and reintroduce an ExtraTERRORestrial-type ride. My goal would be a land that has a few more thrills to make it more enjoyable for teens, young adults, etc. There's Fantasyland for the kids across the way. Why not a land geared towards teens and adults. I think all age groups would enjoy it, but that would be the focus. I'd like that land to be the anchor of a celebration to rival Universal's Halloween Horror Nights in the fall. I realize Universal has the jump, not to mention the licensing to make it more thrilling, but we'd do our best for unique thrills. Not to mention with all that capital behind me, I might be able to buy up a few IPs to use in the land.

I know this won't garner a lot of support on this board, but I'm in tune with a whole 'nother community that don't care for Disney, but would DEFINITELY go to WDW often if they heard about a Horrorland, Halloweenland, or something to that affect.
Have you seen The Nightmare Experiment, from Hong Kong Disneyland? It was a thing with creepy versions of existing Disney IPs. It must've not done well since they stopped it.

I have mixed opinions on how they pulled it off, but I liked the idea. It'd be in danger as coming off more forced edgy and try-hard than creepy, but so long as there was a real effort to focus on creativity I'd be all for an American park trying that out.

They could probably even include it in Mickey's Not So Scary while keeping the child-friendly party atmosphere by tucking it on Tom Sawyer Island (don't know how practical that would be in practice) and having in-theme but clearly real warnings that the boat goes to something more scary. Then people could ignore those warnings just like they do for Dinosaur, but Disney can say they were warned.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Original Poster
Have you seen The Nightmare Experiment, from Hong Kong Disneyland? It was a thing with creepy versions of existing Disney IPs. It must've not done well since they stopped it.

I have mixed opinions on how they pulled it off, but I liked the idea. It'd be in danger as coming off more forced edgy and try-hard than creepy, but so long as there was a real effort to focus on creativity I'd be all for an American park trying that out.

They could probably even include it in Mickey's Not So Scary while keeping the child-friendly party atmosphere by tucking it on Tom Sawyer Island (don't know how practical that would be in practice) and having in-theme but clearly real warnings that the boat goes to something more scary. Then people could ignore those warnings just like they do for Dinosaur, but Disney can say they were warned.
I've not heard of The Nightmare Experiment actually. I just read a little, and looked at the pics... yeah, that's a little effed up. Poor execution, and a little too weird. Rather than bastardizing Disney IPs and scaring kids, I'm thinking more like traditional scary characters like witches, goblins, original vamps, and maybe I can buy some other great IPs. Being the richest man on Earth, owning the Parks, and being a huge horror/haunt fan, I'm thinking I'd be able to pull it together pretty well. Speaking of which, my season is rapidly approaching. Here is a prop I made that peers into my family room as I type this, one of many I set up over the weeks leading to October...

Michael Wallpaper.jpg

Chef Mickey

• Delete Genie+.
  • Maintenance.
  • Bring back Horizons, World of Motion, Universe of Energy, Imagination, Dream Flight, and update them with just new tech, but same ride.
  • Jeremy Irons in Spaceship Earth (Along with massive renovation).
  • Utilize ALL buildings.
  • Unpopular, but raise prices until we get some semblance of lower crowds. Sorry, it's too crowded.
  • Ban Bob Chapek and Christine McCarthy for life from ever stepping foot in the parks.
  • Stay out of politics.
The banning Chapek thing turned out to be real!

celluloid

I would fill my table with respected Themed Entertainment Designers of the decades past of what worked rather than what is now an attempt at teaching at SCAD or Rosen, and potentially sell to OLC with provisions.

celluloid

I've not heard of The Nightmare Experiment actually. I just read a little, and looked at the pics... yeah, that's a little effed up. Poor execution, and a little too weird. Rather than bastardizing Disney IPs and scaring kids, I'm thinking more like traditional scary characters like witches, goblins, original vamps, and maybe I can buy some other great IPs. Being the richest man on Earth, owning the Parks, and being a huge horror/haunt fan, I'm thinking I'd be able to pull it together pretty well. Speaking of which, my season is rapidly approaching. Here is a prop I made that peers into my family room as I type this, one of many I set up over the weeks leading to October...

View attachment 662521

I know this is super late and random compared to the post, but I wanted to weigh in on this because as a Haunted Attraction producer and fan myself, I want to say your lighting here is particularly awesome too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom