News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Chip Chipperson

Posts get removed from various threads for being off-topic all the time. Sometimes it happens faster than others, whether that's because someone reported the posts or because one of the mods found them themselves. This particular thread my get watched more closely than others because some people can't help themselves and keep bringing up topics that are not related to the topic of the ride's new theme. Nobody's being persecuted or singled out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBuford

Each time I post something that doesn't relate specifically to the retheme, I do so knowing that I am going against the moderators' preferences (sorry!) and that my posts may be deleted as a result. Sometimes, the offending posts slip through the net; on other occasions, they are noticed and deleted.

No particular viewpoint has been targeted by this policy; all "sides" have been affected by it. The fault lies with us for not abiding by the moderators' repeatedly stated wishes, not with them for deleting irrelevant posts.

the_rich

Because it's already been settled that it's being rethemed. Whether it's warranted or not is off topic. This thread is to talk about what the ride is going to be. How many aas? What do we think the story is? Is it going to be screen based? Etc. This thread isn't for whether the retheme should happen or not.

LittleBuford

But explain to me how 2 African American woman saying that we need to get SoTS out there and talking about Splash the ride is against the "rules"? If anything they are saying the ride should stay which wouldnt that be inferred as them talking about the retheme of the ride indirectly? This is about the retheme and seems like they are in the boat where a retheme is not warranted... is that political bc of the reasons they believe that?
It’s irrelevant because the retheme is confirmed to be happening and because we’re not supposed to be discussing the film Song of the South.

It’s political because people have made it so.

Again, I’m not faulting you for taking your chances and posting something you shouldn’t—I’ve done so quite a few times. But there’s no sense in complaining when the moderators come in and clean up.

Dear Prudence

But explain to me how 2 African American woman saying that we need to get SoTS out there and talking about Splash the ride is against the "rules"? If anything they are saying the ride should stay which wouldnt that be inferred as them talking about the retheme of the ride indirectly? This is about the retheme and seems like they are in the boat where a retheme is not warranted... is that political bc of the reasons they believe that?
It's not about agreeing or disagreement. It was decided that anything not specifically about the new attraction (costumes, the new fake plants, the moss, etc.) was not allowed in this thread. You might consider making a separate one.

brb1006

In fairness, that thread no longer exists. The “discussion” in the politics forum got too nasty to justify its existence.
I remember the days when WDWMagic once had a politics sub-forum.
ppf-lol.gif

Man 2016-late 2018 was an interesting time on this site.

The Mom

Premium Member
It's not about agreeing or disagreement. It was decided that anything not specifically about the new attraction (costumes, the new fake plants, the moss, etc.) was not allowed in this thread. You might consider making a separate one.
It will not be allowed because it falls under Politics and Social Issues (people keep forgetting that part) which are not allowed anymore because people just can't be civil.

the_rich

Im curious tho. What was wrong with either post? It was 2 people indirectly saying Splash should stay and gave some reasons why…. Whats wrong w that? one being a “big time” celebrity the other being the daughter of someone who basically is at the heart of this retheme…
Because it will invariably lead to another discussion about should it or shouldn't it. But you know that already. The moderators already said they don't want that. You're using them to give an opinion about the validity of the retheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom