Country Bears Vacation Hoedown

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm on the bus right now and they're playing Great Outdoors from the Vacation Hoedown show... And it just got me thinking. Will they ever bring back the seasonal Country Bear shows??

It seems like a lost cause for the 50th.

KaliSplash

Since it would cost money, I seriously doubt it. I never liked the Vacation Hoedown as well as the original show. For one reason: no :)Blood On The Saddle.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Seems unlikely, although I think it's something they should try, simply to draw larger crowds to the theater -- I hate when capacity isn't used well. They could run the regular show, vacation hoedown, the Christmas show, and a new springtime show, and those who visit several times a year would have reason to see the CBJ each time. It won't happen, of course, but it'd be nice.

Worldlover71

The problem with attraction overlays is that while they are playing, you do not get to see the "classic" version. Most folks do not visit WDW regularly, and if you only get to see it once, you want to see the original. In DL, they can have Haunted Mansion Holiday because that park caters more to locals and regulars, but even that gets some pushback.

Touchdown

Well let’s see the vacation hoedown features a song that uses a word that the Romani people consider to be an offensive slur, and the Christmas show has a running gag about a bear misfiring live ammo at the audience. So I’m going to guess it’s never coming back, thanks a lot Wendell!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Rumor in another thread is that they're gonna give the show a new script about the Bears visiting Disney World.

I really don't like the sound of that.
That could actually be done very well. I can see how it could work as long as they make it a satire of the parks themselves.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well let’s see the vacation hoedown features a song that uses a word that the Romani people consider to be an offensive slur, and the Christmas show has a running gag about a bear misfiring live ammo at the audience. So I’m going to guess it’s never coming back, thanks a lot Wendell!
And when they refurbished the bears a few years back they kept the turn me on song and the shoot him instead song and the women being hungry for men songs and the "she's kinda heavy my woman ain't purdy" song.... I think the seasonal shows are fine.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Seems unlikely, although I think it's something they should try, simply to draw larger crowds to the theater -- I hate when capacity isn't used well.
It has been consistently full every time I have gone there in the past 5 years. Even during it's 10 am openings. It's a relatively popular show still.

Actually, the only AA show that isn't consistently full is CoP. But to be fair, it's able to hold a lot more people so it's probably about the same as the others. Even HoP and American Adventure is still getting large numbers still.

Walt Disney1955

The problem with attraction overlays is that while they are playing, you do not get to see the "classic" version. Most folks do not visit WDW regularly, and if you only get to see it once, you want to see the original. In DL, they can have Haunted Mansion Holiday because that park caters more to locals and regulars, but even that gets some pushback.

My one time I have been to Disneyland was September of 2012. And what do you know, we missed Haunted Mansion for that very reason. Would have loved to have seen it. Obviously. If anything just to compare it to MK's version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom