Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TsWade2

I just saw Philip Kippel on Twitter today and he was so obsessed of trying to save Splash Mountain. And he even tried to force me to sign the petition to save Splash Mountain. Well, as much as I would love to support save Splash Mountain, but in reality, petitions don’t work. I want to tell him that, but he might attack me so I can’t find my heart to do it. Is Spalsh Mountain going to be save or is it too late? Be honest.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just saw Philip Kippel on Twitter today and he was so obsessed of trying to save Splash Mountain. And he even tried to force me to sign the petition to save Splash Mountain. Well, as much as I would love to support save Splash Mountain, but in reality, petitions don’t work. I want to tell him that, but he might attack me so I can’t find my heart to do it. Is Spalsh Mountain going to be save or is it too late? Be honest.
We've been honest. It isn't going to be 'saved.' It will be rethemed to a PatF IP. Disney's been officially announcing that more and more frequently and recently.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Splash, as we know it, will be extinct soon. I hope Philip can get to the park and get as many rides in before it closes.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Nope. Splash is done for. Sad but true

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
175E0555-E562-448E-ACFA-63BDAA898764.jpg

Stroller keychains now feature Tiana concept art

PiratesMansion

I was able to get what is almost certainly my last ride on Splash Mountain ever (at least in the states) at the end of my trip. It was the very last thing I did, boarding less than ten minutes before the park closed.

I've had the tremendous misfortune of ALWAYS getting completely drenched on Splash, so I was apprehensive about doing it that the end of the night, but that turned out to be a benefit. Since it was so late, rather than getting put in a full boat, there were only 2 other people in the vehicle with me, and as a result, I got about as wet as I wanted to!

While I'm sure there was an effect or two that wasn't working, the ride looked to be in better shape than I remember seeing it on most of my previous trips.

It has never been my favorite ride, but I'm happy that I got a last ride in, and that last ride is easily the best ride I've had on it since I was a small child. Goodbye Splash! Hopefully Tiana's version of the ride will be just as good.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
...really?

Has any other attraction at a Disney park ever had its concept art put on STROLLER KEYCHAINS?
Disney stamps any IP it has on just about any tourist trap trinket you can think off.**

So the answer to your question is a very obvious 'yes.'

1659927382455.png

**But who am I to insinuate Disney constantly pushes cheap garbage merchandise, I'm just a Disney apologist after all.

Brer Panther

Disney stamps any IP it has on just about any tourist trap trinket you can think off.**

So the answer to your question is a very obvious 'yes.'
There's a difference between slapping a character from WALL-E on a mug and putting concept art for an upcoming attraction retheme that they've been pushing as the most inclusive attraction Disney has ever done on something as miniscule as stroller keychains.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
There's a difference between slapping a character from WALL-E on a mug and putting concept art for an upcoming attraction retheme that they've been pushing as the most inclusive attraction Disney has ever done on something as miniscule as stroller keychains.
From giant LED billboards to tiny pins, Disney slaps IP on everything. They think putting it on a keychain is good advertising, not a way to subtly dis PatF.

CaptinEO

How ironic that right as Splash is on the way out we find footage of Sooner or Later being used on the ride. It's from June 1989.

Wow! This is amazing! Never seen any footage of the song on the ride before but knew it was on there for a very short time. This is great quality too in terms of lighting.

Brer Panther

Okay, another "insider" in the Disney World Rumors thread about the ride is claiming that the plan for the retheme dates back to 2017, not 2019, and that it was originally just meant for Disneyland but then Splash Mountain merchandise not selling as well as they were hoping made them decide to bring it to Disney World too. And that the main reason they came up with it isn't because of Song of the South being racist or because they want to sell "Instagrammable" food or give people of color representation, but rather because the Brers aren't a profitable franchise. That's it. The fact that Disney previously dubbed The Princess and the Frog a financial failure at the box office apparently doesn't factor into any of this.

I'm just gonna take this with a grain of salt considering it's yet another example of "insiders" contradicting each other, but if there's any truth to this, your precious Mr. Toad is likely gonna be on the chopping block next. After all, Mr. Toad is hardly any more of a profitable franchise than the Brers are.

Heck, ANYTHING could be on the chopping block now. Indiana Jones? Not a franchise that's making Disney money right now, so adios to that. Disney World's Muppet*Vision 3D? The Muppets haven't profitable for years now, so that's likely gonna get bulldozed for more Star Wars crap... and Disney hasn't done anything with A Bug's Life in years, so I guess the Florida version of It's Tough to Be a Bug is getting the axe too. Pinocchio's Daring Journey? If the live action Pinocchio remake isn't a success (or at least doesn't sell enough merchandise), away it goes. How much merchandise does Peter Pan or Roger Rabbit sell? Guess those rides are gonna be replaced too. And lord help you if you're not based on an IP... that rumored Moana overlay Tiki Room is getting more and more likely now, isn't it?

Y'know that quote from Walt Disney about how the tail does not wag the dog? Well, in Iger and Chapek's Disney the tail does indeed wag the dog, and it's going to keep wagging the dog until Disneyland is nothing more than a wasteland of princess, Marvel and Star Wars-themed attractions and gift shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom