The DC Comics Film Thread

Screamface

You're cherry-picking. The IMDB rating is for the Ultimate Edition, which those who already like it bought into it. And that's 35K reviews. The general audience review of the original movie was 686K reviewers and gave it a 6.4.
View attachment 637500

View attachment 637502

The Metacritic audience score only has 7K reviewers. A drop in the bucket compared to the 686K of IMDB for the original cut.

Also, look at the critics' score...
View attachment 637503

The Cinescore, which is a scientific sampling of the audience on the opening weekend gave it a B, which is pretty low score for a genre film. Usually, the opening weekend audience is on board with the genre and franchise. The audience for BvS, not so much.

View attachment 637504

The B.O. fell 68% it's second week. That's not good word of mouth going on there.

And not to mention this:

View attachment 637506

Critics hated it. The audience was mixed. It was not greatly appreciated by the general audience. It's no masterpiece.

Critics are awful. Who trusts them.

It's a case where you have lesser versions of films. Judge them on the better versions. Not studio interfered ones.

LSLS

So finally got around to watching the batman. Got through around 30 minutes of it and I was done. That was the most boring thing I have watched in a long time. The first like 10 minutes, I think I cringed every time batman talked. I don't know, maybe this is one of those movies that really picks up at some point, but just can't do another 2 hours of this one.

Screamface

So finally got around to watching the batman. Got through around 30 minutes of it and I was done. That was the most boring thing I have watched in a long time. The first like 10 minutes, I think I cringed every time batman talked. I don't know, maybe this is one of those movies that really picks up at some point, but just can't do another 2 hours of this one.

You didn't like his crappy version of Rorshachs narration from Watchmen? What you missed is the film then forgets it's doing that and then remembers at the end.

erasure fan1

Yea it's a snooze fest at time. I fell asleep multiple times. It would have been a lot better if they chopped 40min off it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Might be wishful thinking, but Black Adam looks far better than any of the Superman and most of the Batman films to date (I do have a soft spot in my Black heart for Bane though). Maybe its because they thrashed these two Tropians over our heads for far too many decades and they are just tiresome by now ? Superman goes on holiday, Batman vs the latest DSM V category, etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Might be wishful thinking, but Black Adam looks far better than any of the Superman and most of the Batman films to date (I do have a soft spot in my Black heart for Bane though). Maybe its because they thrashed these two Tropians over our heads for far too many decades and they are just tiresome by now ? Superman goes on holiday, Batman vs the latest DSM V category, etc.
Don't say that in front of a snyder cultist!!

DKampy

So you think Blavk Adam looks better than original Superman, Superman 2, and The Dark Knight…hmmm interesting

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw they canceled batgirl

Not that I thought it would be “good”…but the concept I believe was an elder/mentor Michael Keaton?

Would have been interesting

Dr. Nigel Channing

Another Joker movie? As we're also having Barry Keoghan's Joker emerge for The Batman sequels?

Nothing wrong with either Phoenix's performance or the little we saw of Keoghan. Both were eerie and incredible, doing the iconic clown justice. But how many Jokers do we need? Why not have Phoenix's already established Joker show up in the cell talking to Riddler at the end of The Batman... connecting both stories?

celluloid

Shazam! for my money is the only great DC movie for me since the Nolan films. Shazam! is of course comedy heavy but it was like they were not afraid to put humor back in their films. Ironically League of Superpets was not awful for what it was. So clearly they should not fear it.

lazyboy97o

Another Joker movie? As we're also having Barry Keoghan's Joker emerge for The Batman sequels?

Nothing wrong with either Phoenix's performance or the little we saw of Keoghan. Both were eerie and incredible, doing the iconic clown justice. But how many Jokers do we need? Why not have Phoenix's already established Joker show up in the cell talking to Riddler at the end of The Batman... connecting both stories?
The whole point of the multiverse strategy is to let film makers do what they want, not force them into a specific box.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Isn’t Jared Leto one too? I love the joker…absolutely one of the best villains ever…
But I don’t need 48 versions of him. Dilutes the product
The whole point of the multiverse strategy is to let film makers do what they want, not force them into a specific box.
The banks are very quickly gonna clamp down on the studios and say “get back in the damn box!”

We are seeing diminishing returns and That wont be tolerated forever.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn’t Jared Leto one too? I love the joker…absolutely one of the best villains ever…
But I don’t need 48 versions of him. Dilutes the product

The banks are very quickly gonna clamp down on the studios and say “get back in the damn box!”

We are seeing diminishing returns and That wont be tolerated forever.
The new CEO of Warner Bros Discovery is doing that ahead of the bank. Cutting huge amount of staff and films and made-for-HBO content.

Tomorrow's quarterly report should be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom