New Passholder Survey 7/30/2022

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Did anyone think that today's survey on perceived passholder value was really strange, especially the very odd demographic questions?

According to the available categorizations, I could identify as a streetlight, shoebox, or anything else. How does this provide a coherent breakdown without a dumping ground classification as "everything else"?
1659204442044.png

Last edited:

Raxel7851

Did anyone think that today's survey on perceived passholder value was really strange, especially the very odd demographic questions?

According to the available categorizations, I could identify as a streetlight, shoebox, or anything else. How does this provide a coherent breakdown without a dumping ground classification as "everything else"?
I think I filled out the same survey a couple of weeks ago. There were more than a few “oddball, curveball” questions.

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I didn’t get it. 🤷‍♀️

Any other details on the questions?

A few o_O

Which AP do you have, how many years have you continuously held one?
An interesting few FOMO questions that they asked in different ways was the reason you renewed because of no new APs being offered. Questions about the passholder ticket value for the prices they charge, identification of which included or add-on features you were aware of.
How well does Genie + work for you?
How satisfied are you with Lightning Lanes?
Quite a few about the park reservation system as a passholder and its impact on how many trips you make in a year..
4 or five about Passholder benefits and if you ever used them.
Ranking questions on which perks were used and which were not.
How much do the missing nighttime spectaculars (their words, not mine) detract from a visit?
Are you going to renew in the future?
3 or 4 about Disney Springs
AP events at Disney Springs July 5th -August 5th
Passholder communications efficacy.
Passholder magnet distribution process. (yep I had to complain about all of them are limited time during parts of the year I wont go)
Pick which streaming services do you subscribe to (they listed Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, HBOmax, Disney+, ESPN, and Apple+).
Who's the owner of the accounts you use?
How much do you make annually?

Then the demographic questions where they dove deep into the gender identity whirlpool.

RememberWhen

Interesting. We’re not due for renewal until February, but we’ve visited twice (from MA) since then, with another visit this coming week. But we’re DVC, so maybe they’re less interested in me?

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They are gauging if they have the pain machine cranked up enough to get all APs to non renew. Begone pesky freeloaders, make way for the herd of cash cows in need of milking

Oh I'm triggered! Triggered to remember that it also asked if we also had APs to Universal, Sea World, and ..... Legoland? So they are also asking about our exposure to the competition... which we also have.

JoeCamel

Oh I'm triggered! Triggered to remember that it also asked if we also had APs to Universal, Sea World, and ..... Legoland? So they are also asking about our exposure to the competition... which we also have.
Just making sure you have a landing spot when you flee....
They care about their customers....

JIMINYCR

I don’t see why that should bother anyone.
I have only seen a few of the questions and havent received the survey, so I'm going with what has been posted by others.
I get it, and am not bothered one way or the other if someone chooses to identify as one thing or another. But it seems that Disney as well, as many other companies now want to categorize everyone, which has no value to helping them make the policies and programs better for their guests. I dont think even a persons race or gender should need to be checked off... a person should be treated the same no matter what race or sex they are. A guest is a guest and all pay to play. We all are being separated and viewed as someone that has more value or needs more attention than another. What difference does it make if I fall into one group or another. How I identify has no bearing on Genie + being efficient or needing to be cut out. As a guest my experience should be the same no matter how I perceive myself or how Disney sees me, regardless of gender, type, or any other category they want me to check off. Companies are getting so wrapped up in things that are taking them away from doing their business because they are so worried sbout how one group will perceive them as offensive and bring negative news and boycotting to them. Surveying for how things are working or not working, how programs are being used or not used are simply positive or negative responses and thats all Disney should care about.

Chi84

Premium Member
I have only seen a few of the questions and havent received the survey, so I'm going with what has been posted by others.
I get it, and am not bothered one way or the other if someone chooses to identify as one thing or another. But it seems that Disney as well, as many other companies now want to categorize everyone, which has no value to helping them make the policies and programs better for their guests. I dont think even a persons race or gender should need to be checked off... a person should be treated the same no matter what race or sex they are. A guest is a guest and all pay to play. We all are being separated and viewed as someone that has more value or needs more attention than another. What difference does it make if I fall into one group or another. How I identify has no bearing on Genie + being efficient or needing to be cut out. As a guest my experience should be the same no matter how I perceive myself or how Disney sees me, regardless of gender, type, or any other category they want me to check off. Companies are getting so wrapped up in things that are taking them away from doing their business because they are so worried sbout how one group will perceive them as offensive and bring negative news and boycotting to them. Surveying for how things are working or not working, how programs are being used or not used are simply positive or negative responses and thats all Disney should care about.
Disney has always asked for demographics in its surveys. It didn’t seem to be a problem for anyone until they started broadening the categories. In any event, companies are likely to continue to decide for themselves what information has value to them for reasons not readily apparent to the general public. No one is forced to answer.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom