News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

A Cali redo probably made more sense with the NOLA connection and tie in etc. Possibly a restaurant where it was being done as something “new” maybe. But just like the Mission Breakout never made it to the east coast when we heard how many “insiders” if i recall correctly say it was never happened. Same could have happened here. But again. Imo i dont think Florida was ever getting rethemed. Again. MY opinion. Whether you agree or disagree.
I agree the Florida retheme wouldn’t be happening now if the events of 2020 hadn’t occurred, but I’m of the opinion that it would have happened eventually. The connection to SotS was always going to prove fatal one way or the other.

tanc

I'm excited for D23 but I wonder how worried Disney is going about it. The rumors that are floating around are going to make it very very interesting. The public is obviously going to respond. I'm wondering if any animatronics will be showcased or if they might show us some screens.

Regardless I just want real information. I'm tired of just concepts, I want to at least see something being done.

Ghost93

I'm excited for D23 but I wonder how worried Disney is going about it. The rumors that are floating around are going to make it very very interesting. The public is obviously going to respond. I'm wondering if any animatronics will be showcased or if they might show us some screens.

Regardless I just want real information. I'm tired of just concepts, I want to at least see something being done.
Disney probably won't tease the actual details about the attraction until 2023 or 2024.

TheMaxRebo

I hope they show some footage of animatronics and set pieces (similar to how we saw footage of the stuff used in the BatB ride at Tokyo) ... If nothin else it will show they really have been working on tangible stuff for a while vs just starting now

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
IMG_9058.jpg

No water on the flume yet Splash is running

celluloid

I hope they show some footage of animatronics and set pieces (similar to how we saw footage of the stuff used in the BatB ride at Tokyo) ... If nothin else it will show they really have been working on tangible stuff for a while vs just starting now

They already showed they were not working on it as long as the PR Machine spun when the PR Machine showed videos of their research in Louisiana during 2020 and post 2020.

Maybe they will rush animatronic footage, but most.lijely.juat new concept art.

RSoxNo1

I don’t mind the location. There’s this undying belief that all cartoons belong in fantasyland. From a logistical stand point that’s absurd. Spreading rides out across all 4 parks should be the way to go. Furthermore I’m ok with cartoons in world showcase if done right. However FEA needed its own ride. Purpose built. Not just an overlay.
Not all cartoons belong in Fantasyland, but all fairytales, especially European based fairytales do.

matt9112

Not all cartoons belong in Fantasyland, but all fairytales, especially European based fairytales do.

It’s not big enough. So get over that. Logistics and guest experience should trump some belief all European make believe can only exist in this small over utilized land….

UNCgolf

I take your point, though I would note that the same criticism could be made of the Mary Poppins carousel and the Mount Fuji coaster, neither of which would have added anything of cultural value to their respective pavilions. I myself am not averse to things being added to World Showcase that are primarily fun rather than informative, but I certainly understand where you’re coming from.

Absolutely true -- and I was not a fan of the Mary Poppins carousel idea either.

I think I'd be more willing to forgive Frozen if I thought FEA was a good ride, just like I was more on board with Mary Poppins when there was a chance it was going to be an elaborate dark ride. It's one of the reasons I'm more forgiving of Ratatouille (the fact that it also takes place in actual France helps, even though it's not really culturally relevant). I don't think it looks like a great ride, but it does look more substantive than FEA.

Bocabear

With some tweaks FEA could be a great ride...It's just that is feels empty for much of the top section, A few more animatronics, special effects and it is fine... The argument whether it belongs is another issue. Let's not kid ourselves though, Maelstrom was a little half-baked. It could and should have been longer and told a more engaging story... FEA is charming, but just doesn't feel complete.

James Alucobond

With some tweaks FEA could be a great ride...It's just that is feels empty for much of the top section, A few more animatronics, special effects and it is fine...
Honestly, even just some lighted lucite archways to sell the ice effect and add some depth or distract from emptier areas would be great, though I assume some of the areas are as barren as they are for proper egress in the event of an emergency.

If they didn't care too much about continuity, they could add some Frozen 2 elements, like the rune pillars or some subtle, fleeting projections of the spirits in tucked-away places.

RSoxNo1

Although I think story book circus is well themed I would agree an expanded fantasyland would be better. All four parks have room. I think AK needs a lot of attention atm.

I agree that it's relatively well-themed for what it is, but there's just not much of substance there.

I think DHS needs help more than AK -- despite the additions of TSL and GE, there's still just not very much to do there. I actually think EPCOT still needs help more than AK too, although the presence of the World Showcase helps it a lot.

Storybook Circus, Toy Story Land and Dinorama USA are poor concepts for lands that had decent enough executions. The problem is, the best execution of a poor concept can only be so good, and that's why Dinorama is going away and why UNC says that there isn't much substance in Storybook Circus. The execution is well done, but it's a poor concept to begin with.

Agreed. AK is a half-day park if you only care about rides, but it has sufficient content to carry you for the full day if you explore the trails, safari, etc. In terms of holes and attractions in dire straits, it has the fewest gaps of all the parks. What each really needs, IMO:

Animal Kingdom
Replacement: Primeval Whirl
Refurbishment: Dinosaur (minor)
Nice to have: Avatar expansion based on upcoming sequel(s), re-work of Planet Watch

Magic Kingdom
Replacement: Stitch's Great Escape
Refurbishment: Entirety of Tomorrowland (major), some classic Fantasyland attractions (minor)
Nice to have: Previously planned enhancements to Big Thunder et al, even more capacity via an expansion pad

Hollywood Studios
Replacement: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, or just the Animation Courtyard in its entirety
Refurbishment: Sadly, Rise of the Resistance; your premiere attraction tied to your overpriced faux cruise should function perfectly
Nice to have: Even more attractions in Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, or the Echo Lake area

EPCOT
Replacement: Imagination
Refurbishment: Spaceship Earth (major), interior common areas of World Nature (minor)
Nice to have: More World Showcase attractions or pavilions, utilization of PLAY! theaters
DAK: Primeval Whirl replacement is a must. What I fear is that it's going to be another off the shelf attraction. This needs to be a solid D, if not an E ticket as that side of the park needs something else to pull guests away. DINOSAUR probably doesn't need a replacement, it needs maintenance. They should learn from the mistake made by replacing Great Movie Ride. Yes, the ride is old but it just needs an update / maintenance to remain viable for the park.

MK: A replacement for Stitch would be welcome. Honestly, I'd rather they prioritize replacing the Speedway though. I've long suggested that if characters belong in Fantasyland than it's a small world doesn't necessarily belong in Fantasyland. If you want to expand upon the most valuable real estate in WDW than removing the Speedway and then it's a small world is the way to do it. I'd also love to see Enchanted Tales with Belle replaced with a Beauty and the Beast Dark ride (perhaps an evolution of Tokyo's). I think the park needs capacity that doesn't necessarily move the needle attendance wise.

DHS: This park needs capacity that doesn't have a height requirement. It also needs to replace at least 3 stale shows (Indiana Jones, Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast). An update to RNRC is also due.

EPCOT: Replace Imagination and Nemo, update SSE. Come up with a new concept for Wonders of Life. I'd also love to see Coco in Mexico.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom