News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

ppete1975

I dont know why they cant just make it quick service. Im sure the demand would be there for either theme park food (hamburger, fries pizza), or something more futuristic. Worst case make it a starbucks, but keep the vibe of the exterior.

When the biggest selling point to anything is location location location, its shocking they dont utilize this beautiful structure in such a beautiful spot for more.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I dont know why they cant just make it quick service. Im sure the demand would be there for either theme park food (hamburger, fries pizza), or something more futuristic. Worst case make it a starbucks, but keep the vibe of the exterior.

When the biggest selling point to anything is location location location, its shocking they dont utilize this beautiful structure in such a beautiful spot for more.

They won't do anything with it, because doing so would take away focus and demand from TheZach's Connections Hospital Cafeteria and Coffee Shop.

bhg469

Are we really lamenting the long ago loss of Dis E. Cheeze?
My grandmother took me there once. I remember having what I remember to be a really good burger and Minnie planting one on my head. I guess the nostalgia was more than just characters during a meal for me as I wouldn't be caught dead at a character meal unless my niece wanted to go.

DoleWhipDrea

Remember when dining with Disney characters coming to visit didn't come with a $20+ upcharge anywhere you ate?

I miss how I encountered characters at Disneyland (before the pandemic) - you'd turn a corner by the Matterhorn and Peter Pan would burst out from behind a tree and tried recruiting you to be a lost kid. My favorite memory, though, was sitting at First Aid by myself and Mickey came through a door and blew me a kiss. Discovering the characters by chance always made the experience more "magical," IMHO.

I am hoping that at bare minimum, we'll hear something at D23 about Odyssey getting a special exhibit installed for EPCOT's 40th.

eddie104

They can definitely turn this space into something more permanent.

I didn’t even realize how big this building was until I watched the reopening video.

It’s use as a festival space is fine at the moment because a air conditioned space is always a plus.

Cmdr_Crimson

I am hoping that at bare minimum, we'll hear something at D23 about Odyssey getting a special exhibit installed for EPCOT's 40th.
Look at how quickly they threw the 25th anniversary room in the former innoventions west corridor...Doubt they will do anything as they are more focused in getting people to eat food and whine about it..It's all going to focus on merch thus time around..

aladdin2007

Remember when dining with Disney characters coming to visit didn't come with a $20+ upcharge anywhere you ate?

I miss how I encountered characters at Disneyland (before the pandemic) - you'd turn a corner by the Matterhorn and Peter Pan would burst out from behind a tree and tried recruiting you to be a lost kid. My favorite memory, though, was sitting at First Aid by myself and Mickey came through a door and blew me a kiss. Discovering the characters by chance always made the experience more "magical," IMHO.

great memories. You sort of have this at some of the resorts now, at art of animation outside, the main gang marched right by us and waved and interacted as they went. I havent been that close to Mickey in years lol and were on property often. It was really nice no matter how old one is lol. You don't get that in the parks anymore for the most part.

Bocabear

Actually another Starbucks location would be wonderful...especially since it relates more to World Showcase. Maybe this one could be Joffrey's with actual indoor seating and some snack options. I am a Starbucks fan but would certainly go to a Joffrey's if it had seating and was indoor...I wonder if there is something in Starbuck's contract that would block them from doing anything extra for another coffee house...

Cmdr_Crimson

Actually another Starbucks location would be wonderful...especially since it relates more to World Showcase. Maybe this one could be Joffrey's with actual indoor seating and some snack options. I am a Starbucks fan but would certainly go to a Joffrey's if it had seating and was indoor...I wonder if there is something in Starbuck's contract that would block them from doing anything extra for another coffee house...
It's not like they had 2 Starbucks running at the same time when it was in Fountain view and adjacent to Refreshment port..

And also having 2 Starbucks at Disney Springs..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom