News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

yensidtlaw1969

I heard the queue is a lot better at MK. To me I think that should add some points to MKs version.
The queue at MK is indeed longer, more richly themed, and transports you before the ride even begins in a way that Disneyland's does not. Unfortunately, it is one of the places where WDW's Pirates has had a noticeable decline over its lifespan, but it is still also the place where a Disneylander would likely be most impressed by the Florida Pirates. Even having lost some of its richness, the WDW Pirates Queue is still worthy of envy.

Disneyland Paris got nearly the best of both worlds in this regard - their queue is remniscent of WDW's (a bit shorter, I think, but even more richly themed), and then the ride proper is a restructured version of Disneyland's attraction (I think also slightly shorter, or perhaps just a little faster), featuring both the full Town scenes as well as a Cavern sequence at the end that is closer to Disneyland's in substance than WDW's shortened caves. They also have a great Fortress Facade that outdoes the WDW exterior, and the Adventureland surrounding the attraction absolutely adds to the feel of the whole thing.

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Since we never were given a closing date, either previously, or a newly delayed closing date, then the claim that the closing date keeps getting delayed is incoherent. There was never a commitment to any time frame except the newly announced opening date for TBA.
Technically we are about 2 years past its the closing date considering how racist and problematic the ride is. It should have been shuttered immediately 😉.

Anteater

Oh its sarcasm. Guess you havent seen any of my old posts….
sarcasm-sarcasm-sign.gif

Disney Glimpses

I have no idea if this actually happened I do know that Disney would absolutely announce an opening date with absolutely zero intention of actually hitting it. Everything you saw/heard last weekend was a knee jerk response to Anika Noni Rose's 2024 claim. All of it. They had no prior plans of making any Splash Mountain announcements this past weekend.

So, I would consider the late 2024 date to be basically nonsense. That being said, expect the attraction to close after the winter holidays. If they are actually serious about it, it would be closing at the end of August and we'd have a closing date.

Disney Glimpses

When Disney does finally announce a closing date, will they bring back merch for one last time? It would be the nice thing to do, but I doubt they will.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I have no idea if this actually happened I do know that Disney would absolutely announce an opening date with absolutely zero intention of actually hitting it. Everything you saw/heard last weekend was a knee jerk response to Anika Noni Rose's 2024 claim. All of it. They had no prior plans of making any Splash Mountain announcements this past weekend.

So, I would consider the late 2024 date to be basically nonsense. That being said, expect the attraction to close after the winter holidays. If they are actually serious about it, it would be closing at the end of August and we'd have a closing date.
We riot if it closes before i get there this summer lol.

Ghost93

An unannounced closing would not surprise me in this case. If they are truly trying to avoid any attention on the existing attraction at all, that would be the way to do it.
I can maybe see a very short-notice announcement just to confirm that the ride is gone for good. Maybe a "Splash Mountain to permanently close next week!" type of announcment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom