News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

Removing the Wench auction in the grand scheme of things changed very little of the ride. Personally I always thought adding Jack Sparrow to the ride was an odd choice. I know the movies at the time were extremely popular but he sort of just felt like he was plucked from a diffrent pirates ride and pasted in the one we have.
I, too, feel that the Jack Sparrow animatronics don't really gel with the rest. They irk me more than any of the other modifications that have been made to the ride.

Animaniac93-98

As if we even know the extent to which the attraction will be physically overhauled.

If indeed this is done by "late 2024", than I'm not expecting much.

Maybe they could start exterior work before the ride closes, like ToT in DCA, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

I'm thinking this whole thing will be closer to Snow White's Enchanted Wish than Frozen Ever After in scope, just on a larger scale.

Sir_Cliff

You're speaking as if the ride has been revealed to us. As if historical accuracy couldn't possibly contribute positively to this attraction. As if we even know the extent to which the attraction will be physically overhauled.

Lot of people in this thread assuming too much and getting themselves in a twist over it.
People seem to be getting upset about a lot of things regarding this ride that don't seem all that exceptional for Disney parks going back to the very beginning.

They've got to get inspiration from somewhere, so I don't really see a problem with them doing research in Louisiana as well as going back to the source material of the film. It reminds me a little of people rolling their eyes at all the Joe Rhode-led research trips for his projects. If it might help the Imagineers to get a better feel for the environments and attractions they're creating and to develop new stories, it seems worthwhile.

I don't like the 'backstories' that require you to read signs plastered up on the walls to understand. Using research to come up with settings and storylines for rides seems fine and kind of what they've always done, though.

Disney Analyst

Pirates is still a great ride. First-time visitors unaware of the changes made to it are very unlikely to come away with the dire impression that seems to prevail in this forum.

Okay don’t mind me being off topic but… the biggest travesty for pirates is how they brought it to MK in the first place. A park with ample room, and they create an abbreviated version?

That was my biggest disappointment when I finally visited WDW, how much they bungled Pirates.

LittleBuford

Okay don’t mind me being off topic but… the biggest travesty for pirates is how they brought it to MK in the first place. A park with ample room, and they create an abbreviated version?

That was my biggest disappointment when I finally visited WDW, how much they bungled Pirates.
It doesn't feel bungled to me as someone more familiar with the MK version. It's a great ride, even if the Disneyland one is better.

Animaniac93-98

If you never went before 2006, you didn't see the Pirates that was intended for Florida.

Animaniac93-98

2013.... 😭 (But I am sure my criticism of MK Pirates was still applicable in 2006, unless they only shortened the ride after 2006 and removed the second drop...)

The ride length has never changed, but WDW's Pirates as is exists today is very much a case of "death by a thousand cuts".

I could list all the changes that would seem trivial to you and others, but added up their impact is truly felt.

Animaniac93-98

I do think part of the problem is that the Disneyland version that has had the constant upgrades and maintenance typical of DL, while the MK version has had the upgrades and maintenance typical of WDW.

It seemed to be better in 2018 vs the previous few years (when show quality was especially bad), but I haven't seen it since last year so I can't comment on its current condition.

aladdin2007

If indeed this is done by "late 2024", than I'm not expecting much.

Maybe they could start exterior work before the ride closes, like ToT in DCA, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

I'm thinking this whole thing will be closer to Snow White's Enchanted Wish than Frozen Ever After in scope, just on a larger scale.
could be, but I'm thinking another plastic barren princess ride, on par with more like mermaid really. however frozen is a lot more barren than mermaid. while mermaid is more plastic.

I just lament the ripping out of all of those show scenes, you know fine well they will not be replaced, a lot of that space will be altered as such so you don't notice or its closed off etc/rebuilt/downsized. Less scenes means less upkeep costs. This attraction is filled with very grand spaces and intricate nook and cranny scenes, its just a shame it will more than likely be value engineered and pared down to half of what is there now with a lot of screen projection.... These thoughts coming from hunch, rumors, insider comments, and what we have seen from the recent story book report attractions. The title alone is obvious that its another simple barely there story princess ride and a plush pusher attraction. Could they still surprise us and it be incredible? Absolutely. but its really not sounding that way and at this stage I think we would have known by now.

Touchdown

They are going to change the ride but I'm not sure why there can't be two log flumes. Universal has Jurrassic Park and Dudly Do Right in islands of adventure. Would it be smarter to have it in another park? Sure but if they went up to Chapek and said we want a new log flume based on DuckTales and he said yes nothing is stopping you from putting it in Magic Kingdom.
To get pedantic for a moment, Jurassic Park is not a log flume, it is a Shoot the Chutes ride, as is Pirates, 4 across seating for 4-5 row boats + drop=Shoot the Chutes. They typically make bigger splashes and get you more wet. They also lack fast rapid sections that log flumes have as the only time they aren’t traveling in deep water are lifts and drops.

MagicHappens1971

Disney has barely released a shred of concept art and every single person on here is jumping to conclusions of what this attraction will be. I noticed someone said recently Disney can not afford to screw this up, point blank, they can't. they can not turn around and cut corners and develop a meh replacement. It won't bode well, I hope that this redo is successful and will be worth doing

EPCOT-O.G.

Disney has barely released a shred of concept art and every single person on here is jumping to conclusions of what this attraction will be. I noticed someone said recently Disney can not afford to screw this up, point blank, they can't. They have announced as I mentioned earlier that a very popular attraction is racist and problematic, they can not turn around and cut corners and develop a half-a** replacement. It won't bode well, I hope that this redo is successful and will be worth doing
I think this attraction is in an impossible situation. It’s replacing a beloved and well-regarded one, so it will always be compared against the original. It’s restricted to the existing ride itself - I can’t imagine it would be easy or even possible to reconfigure the course of the ride. The existing ride hasn’t even closed and it’s already got a rough opening window. And the IP it’s based on, while a worthy basis for an attraction, didn’t have the level of success of other properties that have recently been mined for attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom