News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@przidentkendall had some solid suggestions on a recent episode:
  • Tiana's Bayou Falls
  • Mardi Gras Mountain
  • Tiana's Bayou Splash
As a break from the previous theme, "splash" and "mountain" are right out. Especially 'mountain.' It didn't make sense to call it 'mountain' the first time around.

"Falls" is problematic if the new ride has no falls. For all we know, the story of the chute could be a giant wave and not because of falling down anything. If the descent is a one-time thing in the story of the ride... then there are no falls.

Tiana = The protagonist is upfront and center, which is the intention of choosing her. Using "Princess and the Frog" in the title would be way too much considering people think TBA is already too much.​
Bayou = In place of "splash" indicating it's a wet ride, we have "bayou" indicating it's a wet ride. This is also place-setting (albeit, more important for DL than MK).​
Adventure = It's a ride. A thrilling one because of the drop. It's not Tiana's slow boat ride. It's not Tiana's restaurant or a Tiana M&G.​

The concern over the title is full of high drama despite being relatively unimportant. Is this what we can be looking forward to for the next two years. That all those who didn't want a retheme will be picking apart minutiae? To what end? Convince WDW to scrap the retheme? That ain't gonna happen.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Screens *can* be fine. But, to me, you lose an important dimension to it all. Our brains perceptively register you’re watching a screen, and keeps you from fully buying in to the experience. At some point, why not just watch ride videos?
6lqtme.gif

Smiley/OCD

As a break from the previous theme, "splash" and "mountain" are right out. Especially 'mountain.' It didn't make sense to call it 'mountain' the first time around.

"Falls" is problematic if the new ride has no falls. For all we know, the story of the chute could be a giant wave and not because of falling down anything. If the descent is a one-time thing in the story of the ride... then there are no falls.

Tiana = The protagonist is upfront and center, which is the intention of choosing her. Using "Princess and the Frog" in the title would be way too much considering people think TBA is already too much.​
Bayou = In place of "splash" indicating it's a wet ride, we have "bayou" indicating it's a wet ride. This is also place-setting (albeit, more important for DL than MK).​
Adventure = It's a ride. A thrilling one because of the drop. It's not Tiana's slow boat ride. It's not Tiana's restaurant or a Tiana M&G.​

The concern over the title is full of high drama despite being relatively unimportant. Is this what we can be looking forward to for the next two years. That all those who didn't want a retheme will be picking apart minutiae? To what end? Convince WDW to scrap the retheme? That ain't gonna happen.
Would that be the same group discussing and debating the font and graphics of the ride signs? Seesh…

TrainsOfDisney

For those having never visited Louisiana
I’ve been to Louisiana many times and never visited a salt mine or knew that they were a thing in the New Orleans area.

I’ve also never sailed into a cave that transported me to a Carribean town where they auction off chickens but that never bothered me.

Disney needs to stop worrying about historical accuracy and continuity and just create a good story!

“Tiana’s Splash Mountain” could have been a pretty simple retheme keeping many of the show scenes pretty much intact and adding a few characters from the film. This could have gone the Gran Fiesta route instead of the Maelstrom route in my opinion.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom