News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

BrianLo

I think they are fine right now with a fairly constant stream of openings the past few years. The problem is that if they don’t start doing new builds now or in the next year then the period when EU opens and the year or two after are going to look bleak for WDW. It will be like the 2000s all over again when the parks got stale.

Without a doubt. They aren't in a terrible position through 2024 in my opinion. MK still has an E-ticket to open and of course this. A couple of other entertainment pieces, most notably Fantasmic. Then the lingering Epcot hub projects. The goodwill from DHS, Guardians and Rat still have a couple years of play.

What remains to be seen (and I think we'll know definitively by D23) is if they'll push ahead with some 2025-6 projects. Like Spaceship Earth and / or an Animal Kingdom project (maybe with a new night show there), plus some entertainment like parades. If they really care Imagination will be redone.

Yes, it's not a new park or new lands really, but these are semi-ready projects they can still conceivably push ahead that do matter. I do hope EU actually causes them to want to invest.

tanc

I was thinking about it and I wonder what they will do about the entire queue as well? The WDW one has a pretty unique theme to it and obviously is also indoors for a portion of it.

The most unique queue is the Tokyo version, it's entirely indoors.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Without a doubt. They aren't in a terrible position through 2024 in my opinion. MK still has an E-ticket to open and of course this. A couple of other entertainment pieces, most notably Fantasmic. Then the lingering Epcot hub projects. The goodwill from DHS, Guardians and Rat still have a couple years of play.

What remains to be seen (and I think we'll know definitively by D23) is if they'll push ahead with some 2025-6 projects. Like Spaceship Earth and / or an Animal Kingdom project (maybe with a new night show there), plus some entertainment like parades. If they really care Imagination will be redone.

Yes, it's not a new park or new lands really, but these are semi-ready projects they can still conceivably push ahead that do matter. I do hope EU actually causes them to want to invest.
Can you refresh my memory, what were the 6 projects?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Not sure if this was posted but it seems like the cave section possibly be rethemed as... salt mines...

Probably. Hope WDI can find a way to explain it visually (not some cheap throwaway "Salt Mine" signage) For those having never visited Louisiana won't children and adults alike just wonder why the rockwork is now covered in snow?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom