News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

aladdin2007

I kind of wish they kept the splash mountain name like just call it Tiana's Splash Mountain Adventure, but oh well lol
actually thats the best one I've seen all day here, esp if the word adventure has to be used. it rolls, sounds, and looks better........They seem to just be bleep bent on doing away with everything that was memorable and iconic to the park. Pretty soon it will just be renamed Princess Kingdom. Just waiting for them to turn the Haunted Mansion into something else, its not safe nor is anything else.

Trauma

At least shareholders can sleep easy tonight knowing that Epic Universe will have no impact on attendance.

With this announced for 2024 I bet Universal is regretting their decision to open an entire NEW park filled with NEW never before experienced attractions.

You have to give Disney credit, they know what the public wants!

I’m also excited to start the speculation over how much we will have to pay for the privilege of standing in line for this sure-fire masterpiece.

TwilightZone

I think there's a lot of people over-reacting here. Will it not compete with epic universe? Of course not. But I don't think Disney is expecting it to. That's not why they are redoing the ride. Nor will this redo KILL classic Disney. The reality is, this ride will be fine, will probably decently popular with families despite any shortcomings that it may face.

I was having a discussion with two people today about the redo, both of which not in the fandom, and they were perfectly fine with it. The average consumer does not care.

One of which is into social media and thought the Disney fandom's reaction was way overblown.

tanc

People in Japan are so lucky. Not only do they get to keep their Splash Mountain, there was never even any pressure on OLC to change the ride. Plus, all the animatronics work.
Allegedly Disney went to Japan to persuade them and it was a colossal failure. Apparently at the time Disney was severely disappointed, and even now I imagine they still are. The thing you're trying to get rid of is pretty close to the superior version of the ride in WDW, fully functional, and gives Tokyo exclusivity once again.

EPCOT-O.G.

At least shareholders can sleep easy tonight knowing that Epic Universe will have no impact on attendance.

With this announced for 2024 I bet Universal is regretting their decision to open an entire NEW park filled with NEW never before experienced attractions.

I’m also excited to start the speculation over how much we will have to pay for the privilege of standing in line for this sure-fire masterpiece.
Look. When you have the seventh most successful animated film released in 2009* in your roster, you don’t let that property languish.

*(barely edged out Coraline)

EPCOT-O.G.

So you as a disney fan are perfectly okay with them taking a perfect popular attraction & replacing it with something that will be fine & decently popular. Fyi The majority & major majority didnt have an issue w Splash rightfully so. So not sure what point you are trying to make. The only over blown reaction was Disney caving to fake outrage of a woke mob online where people were sheep & hopped on bc of FOMO meanwhile i see those same clowns still riding it…. So yea ill keep repeating & beating this dead horse to the ground.
It’s going to be hilarious to see how they react when they move on to the next target within Disney.

cheezbat

So you as a disney fan are perfectly okay with them taking a perfect popular attraction & replacing it with something that will be fine & decently popular. Fyi The majority & major majority didnt have an issue w Splash rightfully so. So not sure what point you are trying to make. The only over blown reaction was Disney caving to fake outrage of a woke mob online where people were sheep & hopped on bc of FOMO meanwhile i see those same clowns still riding it…. So yea ill keep repeating & beating this dead horse to the ground.
Anyone who had a problem should not be allowed to ride Splash Mountain until it’s retheme is complete. You wanna complain about a rides theme, you aren’t allowed to ride. 😂

They really should keep the name Splash Mountain. im still going to call it that. I’m sure many others will too. Who’s actually going to say, “Let’s go ride Tiana’s Adventure!” It will always be Splash Mountain.

Secondly, what the heck is with Tiana’s outfit? How stupid. Doesn’t fit with the story or character or anything.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t think there was even a woke mob, I think it was just Disney internally looking at potential problem areas, I can’t recall any woke mob calling for Splash to be removed. I think the diversity department made a list of potential problem areas and Chapek saw an opportunity on the list to build a “new e-ticket ride” without having to pay for a new e-ticket ride.

bhg469

Honestly, I would wager half the people on this forum will never set foot in a universal park and Disney's audience is probably about those same numbers. I know I am getting an AP when it opens and taking at least a year off of Disney but I feel like I'm in the minority.

bryanfze55

I don’t think there was even a woke mob, I think it was just Disney internally looking at potential problem areas, I can’t recall any woke mob calling for Splash to be removed. I think the diversity department made a list of potential problem areas and Chapek saw an opportunity on the list to build a “new e-ticket ride” without having to pay for a new e-ticket ride.
there was a petition to remove it. I give them kudos, as most petitions don’t do anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom