News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

bryanfze55

Terrible name. No reason not to keep the “Splash Mountain” name and just retheme the contents of the ride.

It’s going to hurt a lot more when we get a book report ride through projection mapped scenes.

Also, why does every single ride now need a colon somewhere in the title?

bryanfze55

Honestly, the name is fine. There's nothing terrible or surprising about it; it's a standard Disney attraction name. The objections to it feel rather kneejerk to me.
Loop Trump GIF

Sir_Cliff

The entire premise of this redo is to move further away from Splash Mountain and it’s inhabitants.

Keeping any part of the name would serve only to remind people of the ride Disney wants people to forget.
Yeah, I guess they want to avoid any associations with the old ride.

Personally, Tiana's Bayou Splash sounds like a better name to me as it references the thrill element of the ride but also sounds like something of a celebration (which, I guess, is in there somewhere in a Mardi Gras segment?). If they want to avoid all associations with the old ride, though, I guess it doesn't work.

erstwo

I am so excited this is actually happening. Princess and the Frog is one of the best - I really hope at some point Mama Odie (accompanied by Tiana) is singing blue skies and sunshine. And I hope Lottie makes a cameo - she is one of my favorite sidekick characters ever. 🌸💕💞💖
I’ll wait in the line and put on a poncho for this!

Sir_Cliff

Do we know if it's just the name and 'late 2024' opening that is going to be announced this weekend. If so... a bit underwhelming. The new video didn't really reveal anything new.

bryanfze55

The name is terrible. Theme parks REALLY need to stop using the word "adventure". It's so generic and cliche' at this point.

Remi's Ratatouille Adventure
Tiana's Bayou Adventure

is this going to be a trend?
I’m pleasantly surprised we didn’t get:

Marvel‘s Guardians of the Galaxy Adventure - The Ride: Adventure of Star Lord and Friends in their Cosmic Rewind Adventure starring Rocket

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, I guess they want to avoid any associations with the old ride.

Personally, Tiana's Bayou Splash sounds like a better name to me as it references the thrill element of the ride but also sounds like something of a celebration (which, I guess, is in there somewhere in a Mardi Gras segment?). If they want to avoid all associations with the old ride, though, I guess it doesn't work.

Oh, I like that one - not the exact same but some connection to the original

TheMaxRebo

Do we know if it's just the name and 'late 2024' opening that is going to be announced this weekend. If so... a bit underwhelming. The new video didn't really reveal anything new.

The event wasn't for Disney parks - they are a sponsor / participant. They do have another slot on Sunday so we may get more then

And we have D23 like 2 months from now and the need some stuff for that

Tom Morrow

A smart move by Disney.

Replacing a beloved attraction with something nobody asked for.

Very excited to see the end product, I’m sure it will be amazing.

I hope the include more screens and less of those pesky animatronics.

A small number of people were asking for this before they announced the change. The truth is the vast majority of people weren't thinking about it one way or another regarding the ride's connections to a problematic film UNTIL Disney announced its closure. Now that people were made aware, they are asking for it and it'll be a major PR win for Disney assuming they do it right, which I believe they will.

I’m pleasantly surprised we didn’t get:

Marvel‘s Guardians of the Galaxy Adventure - The Ride: Adventure of Star Lord and Friends in their Cosmic Rewind Adventure starring Rocket

Starlord's Big Bang Adventure

Disney Analyst

The name is terrible. Theme parks REALLY need to stop using the word "adventure". It's so generic and cliche' at this point.

Remi's Ratatouille Adventure
Tiana's Bayou Adventure

is this going to be a trend?

Just listing some classic Disney attraction names:

Snow Whites Scary Adventure

Adventure Through Inner Space

Mr Toads Wild Ride

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage

This new name fits right in. Y’all lament too much.

Trauma

A small number of people were asking for this before they announced the change. The truth is the vast majority of people weren't thinking about it one way or another regarding the ride's connections to a problematic film UNTIL Disney announced its closure. Now that people were made aware, they are asking for it and it'll be a major PR win for Disney assuming they do it right, which I believe they will.

Starlord's Big Bang Adventure
You are correct but it was a small number of people.

A LARGE number of people are asking for new attractions not replacements.

🤷‍♂️

Dan Deesnee

This is how they'll compete with Epic Universe? My goodness. Close down one of your most beloved rides for years to change into something very few want instead of giving Tiana her own attraction.

I'm starting to wonder if WDW attendance is about to have a 3+ year long collapse. They have removed so much from the guest experience and are so incredibly out of touch with guests.

It's starting to feel like a shell of it's former self. With inflation, etc WDW in it's current awful state is really going to struggle.

LittleBuford

Just listing some classic Disney attraction names:

Snow Whites Scary Adventure

Adventure Through Inner Space

Mr Toads Wild Ride

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage

This new name fits right in. Y’all lament too much.
I'm curious to know what sort of name people were actually expecting. I get not liking it, but deeming it terrible? That makes little sense to me in light of how inoffensively safe it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom