Disney CEOs as Michael Scott

JIMINYCR

😆😆😆 The reality is that Disneys CEO is only one of many that fits this video. Business is business and harsh bottom lines are drawn. Many placed in those positions aren’t the best choices or have the qualifications or business sense to be the right person placed there.
It’s been that way forever and won’t change. The best person for the job sometimes are never considered. We have to live with the results that comes with the bad appointments.

BASS

I didn't really understand the connection to the Disney CEOs, but I just wanted to say that I do love me some Michael Scott.

JIMINYCR

I didn't really understand the connection to the Disney CEOs, but I just wanted to say that I do love me some Michael Scott.
The connection is referring to a person put in charge that is inept, has no clue about how things should be run, but is in control regardless to the bungling moves. Scott was always over his head and many under him had to go along with his decisions. Despite the missteps he isn’t replaced even though he shows he can’t produce. The feelings recently is that Chapek wasn’t the right person for the job and his unpopular moves have harmed Disney. The Office was in many ways true to many companies that put someone in place that really can’t do the work needed for the health of the office and company.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The connection is referring to a person put in charge that is inept, has no clue about how things should be run, but is in control regardless to the bungling moves. Scott was always over his head and many under him had to go along with his decisions. Despite the missteps he isn’t replaced even though he shows he can’t produce. The feelings recently is that Chapek wasn’t the right person for the job and his unpopular moves have harmed Disney. The Office was in many ways true to many companies that put someone in place that really can’t do the work needed for the health of the office and company.
While Michael Scott is a valid analogy, I think of Dilbert's Pointy Haired Boss when I think of Bobby C. Except for the hair, of course...
1656012126962.png

BASS

Oh no, I understand that. I just don't understand how folks believe they can assess a Disney CEO's job performance, since the entirety of most folks' opinions about the relative worth of a CEO is solely dependent on everyone's opinion of the parks (to the exclusion of all else). The parks is only a sliver of what the CEO does and oversees and not the focus. IDK, seems unfair to me but everyone is entitled to speculate on a message board I guess.

JIMINYCR

Oh no, I understand that. I just don't understand how folks believe they can assess a Disney CEO's job performance, since the entirety of most folks' opinions about the relative worth of a CEO is solely dependent on everyone's opinion of the parks (to the exclusion of all else). The parks is only a sliver of what the CEO does and oversees and not the focus. IDK, seems unfair to me but everyone is entitled to speculate on a message board I guess.
I agree. I'm not a flame Bob guy. But since the focus of this site is for most people parks and resorts focused their anger is directed towards his programs and policies that have made it more difficult for many to plan, afford, enjoy and take trips.
Ive always said people see only a small part of what a CEO does and what they are responsible for and those who think they could do the job never ran any type of business and have no clue what it entails. But still, his blunders directed at his guest do stand out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom