News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Well, there you go. Disney just flat out posted proof that this attraction was not "in the works" for years prior to the announcement. Last I checked, research trips happen before creative direction, not years and years after. The masks on some faces is proof that this happened towards the end of the pandemic; likely this year.

They decided to do this in 2020 when they announced it and not a moment before.

Oh, even with today's huge announcement, still not a single brush stroke of new artwork.

They have nothing to show.
did you really believe otherwise?!? So again take away a classic attraction that for 3 decades had NO issues and retheme yet another ride that truly has ZERO chance of being better than Splash as opposed to actually expanding the park or place Tiana elsewhere in a park that actually needs capacity....

Stupido

So, the schedule said something about debuting Tiana's new look. Did that just not happen, or is that getting buried in lieu of the new name, opening timeline and Jennifer Holiday performance?

Disney Analyst

View attachment 649947

"Guests are in for a true treat with local flavor when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in late 2024. As Charita Carter shared, “in many ways, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is a love letter to New Orleans. Like the musical city that inspired this attraction, Tiana’s second act is about a community working in harmony to achieve something extraordinary. She reminds us of an immutable truth we can all relate to: ‘if you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.’ And that’s a melody we can all sing along to!”

To be able to join New Orleans in the celebration of Black joy as we bring Tiana’s story to its roots is a full-circle moment I’m so proud to realize. Ted Robledo added that “the joie de vivre that animates this region so brilliantly not only inspired Tiana’s journey, but also our team at Walt Disney Imagineering.” It’s our intention to do that jubilant spirit justice when advancing the storyline of Princess Tiana at our parks."

Video -

I really love the logo. I think they can flesh that out beautifully for the marquee.

Also is this the simplest ride name in years?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I was so very wrong thinking they'd wait near the end on Sunday to announce to avoid possibly undercutting the rest of what they have going on this weekend.

Anyway, back to Frontierland, if you squint your eyes enough it'll be okay. A frontier is is a region that forms the margin of settled or developed territory and that, frankly, is not unlike a bayou especially in the Princess and the Frog time line. We can still drive less than 10 miles from downtown New Orleans and see Jean Lafitte National Park and it looks ... like a different kind of frontier. It's not *western* frontier that's top of mind with Big Thunder Mountain and Pecos Bill's sandwiches a Splash that isn't necessarily western itself.

Someone call me a doctor because I'm starting to talk myself into this.

dreday3

I was so very wrong thinking they'd wait near the end on Sunday to announce to avoid possibly undercutting the rest of what they have going on this weekend.

Anyway, back to Frontierland, if you squint your eyes enough it'll be okay. A frontier is is a region that forms the margin of settled or developed territory and that, frankly, is not unlike a bayou especially in the Princess and the Frog time line. We can still drive less than 10 miles from downtown New Orleans and see Jean Lafitte National Park and it looks ... like a different kind of frontier. It's not *western* frontier that's top of mind with Big Thunder Mountain and Pecos Bill's sandwiches a Splash that isn't necessarily western itself.

Someone call me a doctor because I'm starting to talk myself into this.

You're a doctor.

Surferboy567

It was likely added last minute after the Anika Noni Rose blunder; which is why they have literally nothing to show. I'm willing to bet they filmed this "research trip" just this past month.
This was announced in 2020, and is now opening in 2024. We still have nothing but two pieces of concept art, name, as well as a vague description. Even if this was thrown together last second, it’s still strange.

They didn’t even announce when Splash is closing, which I assume to be soon. The “research trip” is also really vague.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I am regularly disappointed with the naming. Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, Tiana's Bayou Adventure, I guess it is IP/Character + Adventure = Marketing Win. :(
Yep, the name is really bad IMO is it no longer part of the "Disney Mountain Range?" They should have just kept the name as Splash Mountain then added something to the end such as Splash Mountain: Tiana's Adventure.

ppete1975

Pretty sure that means splash will be closed in april 2023 so thats a bummer for me.
But big picture, i like mickeys runaway railway. And if they give it a good budget it could be really good and immersive.

I just doubt the budget.
Honestly Disney really needs to give it a good budget and knock it out of the park. It would soften losing splash, add a better attraction, help with the negative image that disney is starting to get with some of the bigger fans (being cheap and not caring like they used to), and give us another must ride. Sadly im afraid of a low budget which will make people miss splash.

I hope disney proves me wrong and makes me eat my words .... and amazes me so much i cant speak to utter any more nonsense.

Anteater

View attachment 649947

"Guests are in for a true treat with local flavor when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in late 2024. As Charita Carter shared, “in many ways, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is a love letter to New Orleans. Like the musical city that inspired this attraction, Tiana’s second act is about a community working in harmony to achieve something extraordinary. She reminds us of an immutable truth we can all relate to: ‘if you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.’ And that’s a melody we can all sing along to!”

To be able to join New Orleans in the celebration of Black joy as we bring Tiana’s story to its roots is a full-circle moment I’m so proud to realize. Ted Robledo added that “the joie de vivre that animates this region so brilliantly not only inspired Tiana’s journey, but also our team at Walt Disney Imagineering.” It’s our intention to do that jubilant spirit justice when advancing the storyline of Princess Tiana at our parks."

Video -

Told 'ya that a salt dome could be considered a "mountain" in Lousiana. They even toured my favorite one at Avery Island!

Of course, you don't want this ride to end up like the salt dome at Lake Peigneur!

ppete1975

I still stand by this sketch I did summer 2020, suggesting that the Splash queue and exit area beyond the Railroad Tracks be redressed as a mini New Orleans courtyard with a walk-up Beignet Window and Tiana's Palace sit-down restaurant built where the current restrooms are:

View attachment 643196
I dont know if this will happen. But I can safely say 100 percent that you are a very talented artist. Thank you for sharing :)

dreamscometrue

Splash was the first attraction I went on many years ago on our first vsit to WDW. It's still an absolute favourite, but I'm good with the change. I never saw Song of the South, but really enjoy The Princess and the Frog. I think it's good to change things up. Then again, I was fine with, and understood, why Maelstrom changed to Frozen as well. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom