News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

denyuntilcaught

I agree - given all the rah rah around the announcement of the name and putting Charita front and center, I don't think Disney will cheapen out due to the optics of it all.

I will say I actually really like the concept of the attraction and it's source material. It's a charming, fun story with a wonderful cast of characters and delightful music, and the plot for the remodel feels true to the film while extending the story beyond "ride the recaps" type of storytelling.

I just wish it was it's own attraction.

PK2

I think a lot of people at Disney understand that this is probably the most important attraction with the highest stakes that they've done in quite some time. I don't think for a second that anyone involved has any intention to do anything less than knock this out of the park.

Whether management lets them deliver is another thing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 12.01.48 PM.png

"Guests are in for a true treat with local flavor when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in late 2024. As Charita Carter shared, “in many ways, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is a love letter to New Orleans. Like the musical city that inspired this attraction, Tiana’s second act is about a community working in harmony to achieve something extraordinary. She reminds us of an immutable truth we can all relate to: ‘if you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.’ And that’s a melody we can all sing along to!”

To be able to join New Orleans in the celebration of Black joy as we bring Tiana’s story to its roots is a full-circle moment I’m so proud to realize. Ted Robledo added that “the joie de vivre that animates this region so brilliantly not only inspired Tiana’s journey, but also our team at Walt Disney Imagineering.” It’s our intention to do that jubilant spirit justice when advancing the storyline of Princess Tiana at our parks."

Video -

IanDLBZF

I haven’t watched the video yet but I like the font for the attraction name and what should be the future marquee signage. Not sure how that jives on the Critter Country side though.
My theory is that area becomes part of "New Orleans Square", not saying that it will be the case, but it may.

yensidtlaw1969

Has there been any discussion as to how a ride themed to the Bayou will fit in Frontierland in MK? I would imagine it would take either a lot of mental gymnastics or a massive land overhaul or addition to make the bayou fit.
About as much as it took to make sense of Splash Mountain in MK's Frontierland.

People forget because it's been there so long, but Splash never fit Frontierland. There's a reason all the other Splash's are in their own land.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
By the looks of it, the work on both coasts will happen simultaneously (and I would also assume the rides would likely open simultaneously [or about the same time] as well?). I'm still cautiously optimistic for this work (if the opening is late 2024, even if they wait until the very end of 2022, they would still have "Frozen Ever After" amounts of time to do the work). Not a huge fan of the name. But it was always going to be tough to beat a name like "Splash Mountain" which we are so ingrained to hearing (yet when you think of it, isn't the greatest of names either)... so, time to add TBA to the acronym page?

mickEblu

Maybe I’m reading too much into the blog but it doesn’t sound like their will be any sort of conflict in this attraction. As in no Facilier (or the like) and none of his goons.

Disney Glimpses

Well, there you go. Disney just flat out posted proof that this attraction was not "in the works" for years prior to the announcement. Last I checked, research trips happen before creative direction, not years and years after. The masks on some faces is proof that this happened towards the end of the pandemic; likely this year.

They decided to do this in 2020 when they announced it and not a moment before.

Oh, even with today's huge announcement, still not a single brush stroke of new artwork.

Not showing anything isn't necessarily an indication that they have nothing to show.

They have nothing to show.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Didnt people/insiders say work was being done i warehouses limiting down time? So either that is completely false or they are really gonna take close to 2 years w/ an overlay of an attraction & milk more time and be cheap to save money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom