News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Surferboy567

I guess today (or tomorrow) is the day, as much as I don’t really want Splash rethemed. Since it is happening I’m hoping it is done right and we get something good out of all this, curious to see what this entails.

Splash Mountain is a very tough act to follow though.

PK2

Not a great name, clearly focus-tested to hell. I wish they'd at least kept the word "Mountain". Eh, what are ya gonna do. For late 2024 opening I presume Splash will close in Jan 2023 or around then, giving them just under two years? Shame, going Easter next year and was hoping I'd get one last chance.

Looking forward to hearing more about what this actually is rather than constantly what it's getting rid of.

Disney Glimpses

The late 2024 timeframe suggests it may close sooner than later. My guess is they would close it before TRON and not after simply because doing so after would take attention away from the new attraction.

Disney Glimpses

Via Mickey Views:

1656690482818.png

Surferboy567

Blog Mickey is reporting the title to be: Princess and the Frog: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, while everyone else is saying it’s simply Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

dreday3

I don't feel like Disney will "cheap out" on this ride. Bad optics.

Splash will be closed when we go, but honestly don't care, got stuck on it so often (during one ride) last trip we were probably going to skip it anyways.

Any clues on the storyline of the ride? Could be quite aesthetically beautiful if done right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom