Haven't been since 2016. What to expect?

alyssabyrd22

My boyfriend and I are planning for a trip next March for Spring Break. I haven't been since November 2016 and he hasn't been since the summer of 2012. We are staying at POFQ, somewhere my family has always chosen to stay during our vacations to WDW.

I'm up to date about ride closures, openings, etc. but I'd love to know what to expect when we go next March!

I have no idea how Genie+ works and if it's even worth it? I've heard everything is done through the My Disney Experience app now which also raises the question, are magic bands needed?

I'm new to the forums so if I'm asking too much at once let me know! :) We are excited to take this trip as we've been planning for it since last summer.

Weather_Lady

You know about park reservations, right? In addition to buying tickets, you have to pre-reserve which parks you want to visit on which days. (This can be done through the MDE app.) Also, parkhopping isn't allowed until after 2pm, restaurant reservations are now available 60 days out instead of 180, Disney's Magical Express is gone, daily/full housekeeping is gone from the hotels, extra magic hours are gone but resort guests get 30 minutes early entry at each park daily and deluxe guests can get an extra evening hour or two at MK or Epcot, once a week, per a published schedule. I can't help you with Genie+/ILL/virtual queues, but I'm sure someone else will chime in on that.

Once you're up to date, keep watching these forums for updates and changes! They happen often. :)

Upvote 0

alyssabyrd22

Original Poster
Yes, I forgot to mention that! I do know about park reservations and went ahead and did mine already. We aren't doing park hop because we're doing disney on a budget and don't see the need to have one.

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, I forgot to mention that! I do know about park reservations and went ahead and did mine already. We aren't doing park hop because we're doing disney on a budget and don't see the need to have one.

Definitely read up/watch some videos on Genie+ before you decide if you will use it or not. Magic bands are not a necessity, you can get a free card from the front desk instead which can be used instead of the bands. You can also use your phone in place of bands but some people find that too awkward. You can put the cards in a lanyard which makes them almost as easy to use as a band.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom