Need help from Disney Paris experts

Communicora

Premium Member
Hello
I have only been to Paris and DLP one time in 2011 so I cannot help with current schedules and best transportation

But I am struggling with your plan to sleep all 7 nights near DLP but only go there for 2 days.

If you have 5 day trips to Paris (or surrounding areas) you are spending approx 1.5-2 hours a day on a train getting to your destination

I would consider a Paris hotel for the first 4-5 nights and then finish the trip at the Marriott near DLP
You will get more time to sight see this way

Just my 2 cents

Max
I'd like to echo what @amjt660 says about staying at separate hotels for the Paris and Disneyland parts of your visit. If you are set on staying at only one hotel I would choose one in Paris and then take the RER out to DLP for your visit. You'd be wasting a lot of time on the train otherwise.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Hello
I have only been to Paris and DLP one time in 2011 so I cannot help with current schedules and best transportation

But I am struggling with your plan to sleep all 7 nights near DLP but only go there for 2 days.

If you have 5 day trips to Paris (or surrounding areas) you are spending approx 1.5-2 hours a day on a train getting to your destination

I would consider a Paris hotel for the first 4-5 nights and then finish the trip at the Marriott near DLP
You will get more time to sight see this way

Just my 2 cents

Max
Only reason i am staying there is because The location i am staying is part of my timeshare locations. I also do quite a bit of traveling and will most likely not be the last time i am there so it wll be quite casual. After a few days there i will be heading back to Switzerland and then Check Republic to see some more of that area.

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
Are you flying in? You can do it at the RER counter in the train station at terminal 2 at CDG airport.
thank you for this info.
Usually i get a car when i am in Europe but this time i wanted to avoid that. If it works out then In November when i got back to revisit Germany and add Austria i can maybe hop back a couple days back to Paris and enjoy what i may have missed at the resort.

jaxonp

It’s about 45 min on the RER into the Paris. I’d find a way to stay in Paris for the days you’ll wish ti explore the city. The Marriot is not going to be magical but central Paris is. Just getting out and walking is half the fun! Enjoy

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
It’s about 45 min on the RER into the Paris. I’d find a way to stay in Paris for the days you’ll wish ti explore the city. The Marriot is not going to be magical but central Paris is. Just getting out and walking is half the fun! Enjoy
Thanks, I don’t mind the commute time Into Paris. I agree about the amsrriot not being a magical place but I do enjoy the tranquillity so don’t mind so much.

Staying there because i am there as a timeshare stay.
This is not my first time to Paris so have experienced the city before but there was things and places I did not visit before and hope to visit this time around but If I don’t it won’t be last time I will be there.
I am constantly traveling so I am sure I’ll be in Paris or nearby again soon after

This is the first time at the Disneyland resort and using public transportation so needed the help understanding.
I usually drive while in Europe and last time I was in France I had a car as well

gerarar

Premium Member
This thread has been so helpful! My family and I are going to France/Paris/French Riviera next month, but I'm doing a solo day trip at DLP.

I'm heading straight to DLP upon arrival from CDG airport, which I'll be taking the TGV train. Then going back to Paris to meet up with my family at the hotel, taking the RER A train, then transferring to another train (metro) to get to the hotel.

My only concern is that DLP closes past 11pm, and won't probably get out of there around midnight. Traveling alone in a new country seems daunting at first. Perhaps after getting off the RER A stop in Paris, I'll just take an Uber straight to the hotel, instead of walking alone and transferring to the next train.

I know Paris is a night city, but hearing/seeing all these stories and news about pickpockets and whatnot has me kinda cautious, especially if you're alone and foreign and non-French speaking.

Any additional advice/tips would be helpful!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This thread has been so helpful! My family and I are going to France/Paris/French Riviera next month, but I'm doing a solo day trip at DLP.

I'm heading straight to DLP upon arrival from CDG airport, which I'll be taking the TGV train. Then going back to Paris to meet up with my family at the hotel, taking the RER A train, then transferring to another train (metro) to get to the hotel.

My only concern is that DLP closes past 11pm, and won't probably get out of there around midnight. Traveling alone in a new country seems daunting at first. Perhaps after getting off the RER A stop in Paris, I'll just take an Uber straight to the hotel, instead of walking alone and transferring to the next train.

I know Paris is a night city, but hearing/seeing all these stories and news about pickpockets and whatnot has me kinda cautious, especially if you're alone and foreign and non-French speaking.

IllumiNations starts at 11 (drones at 1055) so it’s indeed likely you won’t be leaving until around midnight if you stay.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I would advise checking to make sure when the last train leaves, and that there isn‘t any repair work planned that could have an impact on you getting back to Paris. Also, although there are machines where you can buy your RER ticket, sometimes the credit card technology is incompatbile with non-French cards so you might consider buying the ticket as you arrive so that you don’t need to fiddle with the machine late at night when the ticket counter is closed.

gerarar

Premium Member
I would advise checking to make sure when the last train leaves, and that there isn‘t any repair work planned that could have an impact on you getting back to Paris. Also, although there are machines where you can buy your RER ticket, sometimes the credit card technology is incompatbile with non-French cards so you might consider buying the ticket as you arrive so that you don’t need to fiddle with the machine late at night when the ticket counter is closed.
They seem to run late into the night, but I'll be sure to check again!

And to your last point, yeah I was reading about that. French CC's require a pin on many automated machines, thus making our CC's useless. Definitely will need to plan ahead for that. Thanks!

SoFloMagic

They seem to run late into the night, but I'll be sure to check again!

And to your last point, yeah I was reading about that. French CC's require a pin on many automated machines, thus making our CC's useless. Definitely will need to plan ahead for that. Thanks!
We had no issues with the vending machines. Received advice from the CC company to open the app upon arrival in the country and theyd know where I was. Nothing was declined the entire trip. Visa or mastercard are a must - Amex isn't accepted many places in Europe

Communicora

Premium Member
We had no issues with the vending machines. Received advice from the CC company to open the app upon arrival in the country and theyd know where I was. Nothing was declined the entire trip. Visa or mastercard are a must - Amex isn't accepted many places in Europe
And I was not able to use my American credit card in some train station vending machines. It wasn't an authorization issue -- it just didn't take American cards because our cards with chip and pin are not the same as European chip and pin cards for some stupid reason. This happened to me in Paris and in Ghent. I also had to sign at most restaurants instead of using the handy dandy handheld device many restaurants use. It was baffling for some of them and a little embarrassing for me. Caveat: this was in The Before Times. Maybe it is different now.

SoFloMagic

And I was not able to use my American credit card in some train station vending machines. It wasn't an authorization issue -- it just didn't take American cards because our cards with chip and pin are not the same as European chip and pin cards for some stupid reason. This happened to me in Paris and in Ghent. I also had to sign at most restaurants instead of using the handy dandy handheld device many restaurants use. It was baffling for some of them and a little embarrassing for me. Caveat: this was in The Before Times. Maybe it is different now.
Yes - I should add that many places this has changed as contactless payment is always sans pin.

Also-if it helps anyone - my bank informed me that a cash advance pin will function as a pin for chip and pin abroad.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
This is all such great information, I too will be visiting the park's and Paris in a couple weeks.
Still very confused about Premier Access, Premier Access One and Premier Access Ultimate.

fradz

I have only ever used it for Crush, and it's worth it. The resort is not as busy as the US parks so not many rides will be over 40min. Right now for example (12:30 local time), only WEB Slingers (45'), Crush (70') and 2 M&Gs are above that.

david10225

When we stayed at that Marriott we took the shuttle from the timeshare to the train station and either went to the park or got on train to paris. It was quite cold but we went in January. I did rent a car as I wanted to go to Versailles, but alas our trip got cut short due to a gigantic snow storm on East Coast. We just got out in time and by the time we got to Dulles our car was just about snowed in.
IMAG0332.jpg

Ismael Flores

Original Poster
When we stayed at that Marriott we took the shuttle from the timeshare to the train station and either went to the park or got on train to paris. It was quite cold but we went in January. I did rent a car as I wanted to go to Versailles, but alas our trip got cut short due to a gigantic snow storm on East Coast. We just got out in time and by the time we got to Dulles our car was just about snowed in.View attachment 664705
That’s really good info that you so much for that.

May i ask did you arrive to Paris by plane?
If yes did you take train to Disneyland and then from there how did you get to Marriot?

Are the shuttles east to find

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom