Rumor Rosa Mexicano restaurant possibly coming to the Dolphin

Stitchon

Original Poster
Was reading one of the restaurant industry rags when I saw an interesting tidbit towards to bottom of an article on Rosa Mexicano's impending rebrand: the company is working on a lease for a location at the Dolphin, which would be its first location in Florida. I'm curious where it might go. Have a look:

https://www.fsrmagazine.com/casual-dining/reenergized-rosa-mexicano-prepares-grow-again

Quote from the article:
Four new stores are scheduled to open in a matter of months, including two additional locations in existing markets Boston and Washington, D.C., and stores in new areas, Ardmore, Pennsylvania (just outside of Philadelphia), and West Hartford, Connecticut. As of early April, two were under construction, while the other two were in the final design stages.

Rosa Mexicano is also working through potential leases for Charlotte, North Carolina, Providence, Rhode Island, the Disney World Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, and Las Vegas.

christine7257

Very interesting. I also wonder where it would go. Would it replace Fountain or Fresh Mediterranean Market or go in another spot -- take over some stores? I think it would do very well. The EPCOT resort area could use more casual dining options.

Gringrinngghost

I would assume a replacement for BlueZoo, because I’ve not heard about Todd English in a long time.

I would rather have a Gordon Ramsay place but to each their own.

Comped

I would assume a replacement for BlueZoo, because I’ve not heard about Todd English in a long time.

I would rather have a Gordon Ramsay place but to each their own.
Gordon's never worked with Disney far as I know. I believe his Caesars deal prevents him from opening up restaurants in other hotels. Probably not Springs, at least until he opened up something at ICON.

Beacon Joe

I've been to the one in DC (it's now shuttered, I think) and the one down the river a couple miles in MD. Other than a standout chicharron soup I had once that is no longer on the menu, neither restaurant ever served anything that rose above the level of meh. Very overpriced plates of meh. Yeah the tableside guacamole presentation is fun, I guess, but I get far better fresh-made guacamole at a mom and pop hole in the wall bodega and lunch counter about 4 miles SW of there.

The Dolphin seems like an odd location for one.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

While this really isn't a standout restaurant by any means, I'm happy it's not another steakhouse or Italian place, something which WDW has way too much of.

Epcot82Guy

The one in Atlanta was pretty bad. If they do this, I would think it would go into the Fresh space. I can't see Shula's or blue Zoo leaving, and Picabu solves a different need. They could easily create a patio in the surrounding outdoor space if they wanted to. Or, consolidate the Fountain into a smaller take-out window - and use that space as an indoor patio.

I can't say I'm thrlled with the brand itself. But, I like the idea of an upper scale cantina.

EDIT: I was just thinking - it could also be a new build. But, I don't see them doing that currently.

Epcot82Guy

It does -- but poorly. That place needs a refresh.
Oh. No doubt. The idea of it is great. I just wish it was refreshed into a newer version of itself, especially since Fuel handles grab and go now.

A fun, whimsical fast casual spot tucked away could become a hidden gem.

Gringrinngghost

Gordon's never worked with Disney far as I know. I believe his Caesars deal prevents him from opening up restaurants in other hotels. Probably not Springs, at least until he opened up something at ICON.
He has a Gordon Ramsay Burgers coming to a Hilton in Fall near Boston. I would assume his Caesars deal only goes as far as Gaming places.

Lilofan

Mediocre overpriced Tex-mex. Hard pass.
I'd go to a hole in the wall serving tacos and tortas, menu only in Spanish , condiment bar to dress the food anyway of the week instead of Tex Mex. One thing I miss in Texas is the two main food groups , tacos ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) and barbeque.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom